September 2016 Citizenship Applicants

islandting

Star Member
Aug 19, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yasiin said:
Thanks Gussj!
I barely read the book to be honest with you. That being said, I have been using an app called Canadian CitizenshipTest for the last two weeks. I bought it for like 4 dollar to unlock 248 questions. If you actually practice these questions, you would be fine. Questions on the real test were kinda worded differently. That is all. To simplify it more, if you have been following the Canadian politics and been in the county for a while, the you don't even need to read the book, just do practice questions in the app and that will do it.
you're right,and also it's mainly common sense

Gussj

Feb 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
islandting said:
you're right,and also it's mainly common sense
If it is common sense, that is great, but if it's more about memorizing every single name with specific date, other than the common names and dates, that would be my concern as one is bound to forget and mix them up.
Good luck to all

tyhcyq

Jul 14, 2013
Hi guys, I am also a Sept applicant (already on the sheet :p), and I am still waiting for the test invite letter. Will the "test invite letter Sent" status be updated online or it will always show "in process" until Decision Made?

imran01

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tyhcyq said:
Hi guys, I am also a Sept applicant (already on the sheet :p), and I am still waiting for the test invite letter. Will the "test invite letter Sent" status be updated online or it will always show "in process" until Decision Made?
it will be 4.th line in your IN PROCESS status.. "we have send you notice....."
5. line will be for Oath Invite... "we have send you notice...."
6. line will be congratulating to become Canadian citizen

Gussj

Feb 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tyhcyq said:
I had my test invite over 3 weeks ago by regular mail, and still to this day my ECAS status is still showing in process without any mention of the test invitation. so ECAS is not very efficient or accurate from my experience and others, it depends on the local office if they update ecas on regular bases or not.

Hurry49

Sep 18, 2016
Hello guys,

I have my test and interview this week in Montreal. I was wondering if someone who already had the interview would describe the interview and what kind of questions they ask please? Just a walk-through of their experience, I would really appreciate that.

Thank you,

hohohoha

Oct 22, 2016
Hurry49 said:
Hello guys,

I have my test and interview this week in Montreal. I was wondering if someone who already had the interview would describe the interview and what kind of questions they ask please? Just a walk-through of their experience, I would really appreciate that.

Thank you,
Hi Hurry49,
I had my interview last Thursday, 10 Nov and found my status was updated to "Decision Made" this morning. Very quick, I think.
Questions were "When did you start at current company", "How long did you work for old company", "How did you make a living during unemployment", "Why didn't your wife/son apply for citizenship together" and more serious questions about trips, etc.
My wife and son applied separately since they wanted to become Canadian before I fulfilled the requirement. I got a job after unemployment for 8 months, but had no problem since my wife got a job.
One difficulty I had was that there was a record of entry one day before I actually get out of Canada for a trip to my home country. I had no idea because it was not true. She asked me if I had any trip itinerary to support, but company booked it I had only paper for flight with nothing left now. I finally recalled my memory that my original fly-out was the day of the record of entry, but the flight was overbooked and the airline gave me hotel and some allowance. I guess I had to technically re-enter Canada. I was worried after interview since she said they may request further documents, but no worry now!
Looks your settlement(Job, family...) and desire to live in Canada are very important. The most important thing is to be sure that you have very accurate record of absence in your application and supporting documents if possible. I saw the record they got from government, looks there is no record when you get out of Canada or when you drive to/from US. You'd be better to keep any supporting documents.

Thanks.

Office: Edmonton
App Sent: Sept 16
App Delivered: Sept 19
AOR Received: Oct 3
In Process: Oct 6
Test Invite: Oct 25(ECAS)
Test Date: Nov 10
Decision Made: Nov 14
Oath Invite:
Oath:

Hurry49

Sep 18, 2016
hohohoha said:
Hi Hurry49,
I had my interview last Thursday, 10 Nov and found my status was updated to "Decision Made" this morning. Very quick, I think.
Questions were "When did you start at current company", "How long did you work for old company", "How did you make a living during unemployment", "Why didn't your wife/son apply for citizenship together" and more serious questions about trips, etc.
My wife and son applied separately since they wanted to become Canadian before I fulfilled the requirement. I got a job after unemployment for 8 months, but had no problem since my wife got a job.
One difficulty I had was that there was a record of entry one day before I actually get out of Canada for a trip to my home country. I had no idea because it was not true. She asked me if I had any trip itinerary to support, but company booked it I had only paper for flight with nothing left now. I finally recalled my memory that my original fly-out was the day of the record of entry, but the flight was overbooked and the airline gave me hotel and some allowance. I guess I had to technically re-enter Canada. I was worried after interview since she said they may request further documents, but no worry now!
Looks your settlement(Job, family...) and desire to live in Canada are very important. The most important thing is to be sure that you have very accurate record of absence in your application and supporting documents if possible. I saw the record they got from government, looks there is no record when you get out of Canada or when you drive to/from US. You'd be better to keep any supporting documents.

Thanks.

Oath Invite:
Oath:
Thanks

jangong

Oct 5, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Do you get an email notification when your status change to In Process or just an update in eCAS? Thanks.

Rigly68

Apr 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jangong said:
Do you get an email notification when your status change to In Process or just an update in eCAS? Thanks.
Just an update in your eCas status.

suriyaramesh

Star Member
Oct 8, 2010
Edmonton, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats hohohoha on your DM status, your inputs are valuable and thanks you.

hohohoha said:
Hi Hurry49,

Thanks.

Oath Invite:
Oath:

imran01

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Gussj...
hows your test preparations going on..
did you finish Book...?

Gussj

Feb 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
imran01 said:
Gussj...
hows your test preparations going on..
did you finish Book...?
read the book 3 times, and practiced the questions on most of the websites and apps mentioned just in case lol :)