+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2016 Citizenship Applicants

Gussj

Feb 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hamieh said:
URGENT help needed ,just checked my two minor citizenship application and it turned to be Decision Made ,even though it was never inprocess .this is the message I found.
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on September 22, 2016.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on October 13, 2016.
We started processing your application on October 17, 2016.
We sent you correspondence on October 17, 2016. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

Experts ,please let me know what this means !!!!is it done !!!shall I receive the citizenship certificate or additional requirements !!!
Just wait for the information.
Most probably they possibly need extra supportive documentation. But anything is possible both being minors.
Good luck and pls keep us posted once you receive the documents.

hamieh

Star Member
Jan 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-April-2006
Passport Req..
4-May-2010(received by visa office)
VISA ISSUED...
not yet
LANDED..........
28 june 2010
Gussj said:
Just wait for the information.
Most probably they possibly need extra supportive documentation. But anything is possible both being minors.
Good luck and pls keep us posted once you receive the documents.
Thanks for your response ,but if extra documentation why Decision made !!!do you think they are asking for PR and record of landing !!!

Gussj

Feb 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hamieh said:
Thanks for your response ,but if extra documentation why Decision made !!!do you think they are asking for PR and record of landing !!!
Good question I missed that Part. Since they are both minor, it might be straight forward.
You should get your answer soon.
Please update us when you do.
Good luck.

imran01

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hamieh said:
ya its confusing... decision Made..
let me check my minors applications status..
keep us posted..

shyurun79

Sep 22, 2016
GTA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hamieh said:
99% chance is the system error. It happened before and they took the "Decision Made" out a couple of days after. You can check the status later to verify. According to the status you provided, it is possible you are required to submit fingerprints or RQ.

shyurun79

Sep 22, 2016
GTA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Gussj said:
Shyurun79
I totally understand your situstation. No one has the answer unfortunately.
All what we can do is just wait patiently, -and you will hear from them eventually.
All the best of luck
Thank you Gus.

Parody

Sep 19, 2016
Hi everyone, I have been reading all the posts and it seems some of us here are quite impatient.Every application submitted is unique and is processed based on its merits.Every local processing office is different in the terms that one office may be processing more application than the other and or is short on staffing.Just because someones application was processed faster than the other doesn't mean that your application is not routine,unless you receive something in writing from CIC of advising you otherwise.I am sure most of you would have looked at the current processing time for citizenship applications which as of now stands at 12 months.So If you are well within that time line of being processed then I wouldn't worry at all. I would suggest and again this is just a suggestion that you shouldn't contact CIC to enquire about the status as they clearly state on the website that unless the processing timeline has passed that you do not contact. It's in no way going to help you nor will it make them process you application any different than others and most likely you wouldn't receive anything specific to your application.
We should stay positive and focus on preparing for the citizenship test as sooner or later we will receive the test invite.and as the saying goes"No News is Good News"
Have Faith and Good Luck to all!
Local Office Calgary
App Sent: Sept 21st
App Delivered: Sept 23rd
AOR Received: Oct 18th

Gussj

Feb 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Parody said:
Hi everyone, I have been reading all the posts and it seems some of us here are quite impatient.Every application submitted is unique and is processed based on its merits.Every local processing office is different in the terms that one office may be processing more application than the other and or is short on staffing.Just because someones application was processed faster than the other doesn't mean that your application is not routine,unless you receive something in writing from CIC of advising you otherwise.I am sure most of you would have looked at the current processing time for citizenship applications which as of now stands at 12 months.So If you are well within that time line of being processed then I wouldn't worry at all. I would suggest and again this is just a suggestion that you shouldn't contact CIC to enquire about the status as they clearly state on the website that unless the processing timeline has passed that you do not contact. It's in no way going to help you nor will it make them process you application any different than others and most likely you wouldn't receive anything specific to your application.
We should stay positive and focus on preparing for the citizenship test as sooner or later we will receive the test invite.and as the saying goes"No News is Good News"
Local Office Calgary
Well said.

shyurun79

Sep 22, 2016
GTA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Parody said:
Local Office Calgary
Yes or no. The main reason we have this topic/thread even this forum is to share timeline and discuss concerns. We have the spreadsheet to share information so that some of us can forecast our own cases. You are right about each case is unique and process time is various depends on the local offices, but raising concerns based on others experience (especially with those cases in the same area) is not necessarily "impatient". Otherwise we don't need to visit this site to discuss, the only site we need to visit is CIC where they do not even clearly tell you if your case is routine or not.

imran01

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rogers2016 said:
Hi Rob.Barrett,

I'm going through Kitchener office. I believe it is slowing down.
I didn't expect many people going through this office but it looks like they have high volume.
My App. in process since Aug 30 and no test invitation until now :(
When did Kitchener office start processing your application and when did you get the test invitation?

All the best,
Rob.Barrett said:
Yes I'm sorry, i havent used this site since 2011 when i applied for Residency, so i haven't had a chance to enter in my processing times.

I actually Applied in June - Whoopsy my mistake for being in the wrong thread but here are my time lines.

Application Received -> June 4
Have PDF about Canada -> June 21
We are working on it -> July 5
Come and answer questions -> Aug 19
Test Date -> Sep 13
Decision Made -> Sep 15 (although she told me at the time, you passed, call you soon)

And that is where i am at so far. I was in the test, there were about 20 other People - i wonder if any of them have had their oaths.
Rogers2016 said:
Oh well.
Between your start of processing and the test date, 2 months and a half.
I guess I have to be patient then.
Kitchener office seems to be busy :mad: :'(
???

hsbalouch

Mar 5, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shyurun79 said:
How can you determine which local office your case will be assigned to?
Probably the one closest to your home address unless otherwise they decide to load balance among the branches.

vikas123

Star Member
Mar 3, 2011
India Gate, Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-06-2011
Doc's Request.
with application
AOR Received.
done
IELTS Request
done
File Transfer...
done
Med's Request
done
Med's Done....
done
Interview........
done
Passport Req..
done
VISA ISSUED...
done
LANDED..........
done
hi all,

My ECas showed In Process on Oct 17. :) :) :).

How CIC gonna inform me for Test ?? .. Thru email or ECas. Kindly update..

Also please send me a link on Excel File so I can update my status ... Or if anybody can update my status please...

Thanks

Gussj

Feb 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vikas123 said:
hi all,

My ECas showed In Process on Oct 17. :) :) :).

How CIC gonna inform me for Test ?? .. Thru email or ECas. Kindly update..

Also please send me a link on Excel File so I can update my status ... Or if anybody can update my status please...

Thanks
Congrats, there you go
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1BZma84gwofEV-GeYx13fiyxZORk8NqRjaTn-VMKtvqA/edit#gid=120519601