Passport Req..
23-May-2016
VISA ISSUED...
3-June-2016
LANDED..........
14th July 2016.
ja7toronto said:
UPDATE:
Today we received our COPR!!! My wife(US Citizen) is currently reading the letter to find out what's next!

What are the next steps after COPR? We were expecting to receive a PR Card, Passport or some kind of identification card in the mail.

Do we have to book an appointment with a CIC officer before we land?
ConGRats !!!

Next thing for u is to land within the time frame given,. And You don't have to book an appointment. Just head straight to the broader or airport, and an immigration officer will take it from there. PR card will b sent to ur address in Canada.

Congrats !!!!

Prelude

Star Member
Feb 28, 2015
British Columbia, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 17, 2015
AOR Received.
November 6, 2015
Med's Request
Done Upfront
Med's Done....
July 11, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
DM: March 22, 2016 / Rec'd COPR: Mar 24, 2016
LANDED..........
March 25, 2016!
Oh!! I'm so, so excited to see some US citizens have been getting their DM! My wife is from the US, too, and she's hoping desperately that maybe she'll get her DM in March. She's really eager to get her PR, get a SIN, and start working again, haha.

Our app was received on September 17, so I guess it's possible, right? Our case was also really simple (no kids, past marriages, weird family situations, health or criminal issues, or multiple past countries of residence), and we'd be so ecstatic if it went through after six or seven months, even. Aaaah!!

Liiaa

Dec 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ja7toronto said:
UPDATE:
Today we received our COPR!!! My wife(US Citizen) is currently reading the letter to find out what's next!

What are the next steps after COPR? We were expecting to receive a PR Card, Passport or some kind of identification card in the mail.

Do we have to book an appointment with a CIC officer before we land?

Congrats on your wife receiving her copr. When did you guys apply?

ja7toronto

Jul 7, 2015
Thank you everyone!! This forum has been so helpful that it made the process so much easier.
We applied on September 9th. We were worried that our application was delayed because CIC requested an FBI Background check and we only provided a police background check from Chicago. However, they emailed us and told us it wouldn't negatively affect the process.

Here was our timeline:

Sept 9 - Application Received
Nov 19th - Started Processing
Feb 2 - Documents requested (FBI and Updated Passport)
Feb 16 - Decision Made
Feb 19 - COPR

So we are super excited. My wife is going to make the official move to Canada in May.

I wish you guys all success and I hope to see more DM's !!!!

ai_hopeful

Star Member
Feb 17, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
Doc's Request.
25-01-2016
AOR Received.
04-03-2016 SA 09-03-2016 AOR2 17-03-2016
Med's Done....
10-05-2015
ja7toronto said:
Thank you everyone!! This forum has been so helpful that it made the process so much easier.
We applied on September 9th. We were worried that our application was delayed because CIC requested an FBI Background check and we only provided a police background check from Chicago. However, they emailed us and told us it wouldn't negatively affect the process.

Here was our timeline:

Feb 16 - Decision Made
Feb 19 - COPR

So we are super excited. My wife is going to make the official move to Canada in May.

Congrats!!

Just curious... which VO was yours? I'm a January 2016 applicant ...still waiting for AoR.

Liiaa

Dec 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ja7toronto said:

Here was our timeline:

Feb 16 - Decision Made
Feb 19 - COPR

I am truly happy for you and your spouse ja7toronto :) I hope too the rest of us get some DM's soon!! Let us know when your wife lands :)

flgregg

Apr 30, 2015
Hi everyone, I wanted to provide this group an update and advise that I received my COPR on February 16.

Timeline as follows:
- We received your application for permanent residence on September 15, 2015.
- We started processing your application on November 26, 2015.
- Medical results have been received.
- We sent you correspondence on January 11, 2016. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

To help provide perspective, I am a US Citizen applying outland (although have remained in Canada the entire time), have been married once before, and my current spouse was living with me in the US for the last 9 years [hence was relocating back to Canada and had not worked nor is working], no kids.

The correspondence from CIC referenced above in the timeline was a request for additional information to support our relationship and specifically called out another copy of my previous marriage divorce certificate. In response, we submitted ~30 emails spanning 9 years, another copy of divorce certificate, and a mixture of legal papers showing both of us listed (mortgage, home insurance, car titles, etc.). We responded on January 13 via email and honestly was shocked they turned it around in a month. We are off to the border on Monday -

The information on this board was priceless and we used no attorney or other consultants. Good luck all!

Liiaa

Dec 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
flgregg said:
Hi everyone, I wanted to provide this group an update and advise that I received my COPR on February 16.

Timeline as follows:
- We received your application for permanent residence on September 15, 2015.
- We started processing your application on November 26, 2015.
- Medical results have been received.
- We sent you correspondence on January 11, 2016. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

To help provide perspective, I am a US Citizen applying outland (although have remained in Canada the entire time), have been married once before, and my current spouse was living with me in the US for the last 9 years [hence was relocating back to Canada and had not worked nor is working], no kids.

The correspondence from CIC referenced above in the timeline was a request for additional information to support our relationship and specifically called out another copy of my previous marriage divorce certificate. In response, we submitted ~30 emails spanning 9 years, another copy of divorce certificate, and a mixture of legal papers showing both of us listed (mortgage, home insurance, car titles, etc.). We responded on January 13 via email and honestly was shocked they turned it around in a month. We are off to the border on Monday -

The information on this board was priceless and we used no attorney or other consultants. Good luck all!

That's great to hear!! Congrats. Seems that US applicants are being processed faster so far this year. Thank you for the update and wishing you both the best with your new life in Canada together :)

Gypsysoul

Jan 7, 2016
ja7toronto said:

Here was our timeline:

Feb 16 - Decision Made
Feb 19 - COPR

So did you have the FBI cert ready to go when they requsted? Or did they approve without it? Im curious

ja7toronto

Jul 7, 2015
Gypsysoul,

We didn't have it approved, we simply sent them a copy of our application for the FBI Background check as we were not aware one was needed. CIC emailed us to ensure that we have nothing to worry about and as long as we send them proof of applying for the FBI Background check.

stephcy

Star Member
Dec 15, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
AOR Received.
22-10-2015
File Transfer...
04-11-2015
Med's Done....
21-07-2015
Passport Req..
DECISION MADE 07.03.2016 - no passport request
VISA ISSUED...
CoPR 14.03.2016
LANDED..........
19-03-2016
Congrats ja7toronto and flgregg :)

It seems that US applicants are processed so fast :) I hope that other VO start moving too and that everyone we will get good news soon :)

itsfriday

Nov 26, 2015
ja7toronto said:

Here was our timeline:

Feb 16 - Decision Made
Feb 19 - COPR

Did u guys receive your COPR via email or mail ?? Was it mailed to you in the states?? When was it dated and when did u receive it? Please share the following information as i am in the same boat. Thanks and congrats.

Zake424

Jul 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-09-2015
AOR Received.
27-10-2015
Med's Done....
20-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 02-20-2015
LANDED..........
Landing on April 18, 2016
I received my COPR on February 20, 2016. We are so excited!! I can't believe it only took 5 months from the time they received my application and only 3 months from the time they started processing it. So thankful that it's over and finally I can officially land and live with my husband. I've updated the September spreadsheet. Thanks to everyone who participates on these message boards and answers questions.

BTW, I know some applicants are being asked to submit new small photos for the PR since the size requirements changed. I was not asked to submit new photos. They attached one of the photos I originally submitted with my PR application to my COPR.

Zake424

Jul 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-09-2015
AOR Received.
27-10-2015
Med's Done....
20-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 02-20-2015
LANDED..........
Landing on April 18, 2016
ItsFriday......my COPR was dated Feb. 15, 2016. I received it via mail at my home address in Texas on Saturday, Feb. 20.

Gypsysoul

Jan 7, 2016
ja7toronto said:
Gypsysoul,

We didn't have it approved, we simply sent them a copy of our application for the FBI Background check as we were not aware one was needed. CIC emailed us to ensure that we have nothing to worry about and as long as we send them proof of applying for the FBI Background check.
Sorry. Im just trying to understand. Lol. You recieved COPR and they did it with just proof of applying for FBI cert? Sorry to annoy. Lol