Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
July 29th, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM: Aug 1st, 2015 COPR: Aug 6th, 2015
LANDED..........
Sep 1st, 2015
I emailed our MP today, here's what I wrote (wrote it as if I was my husband, haha)

"Dear xxxxx,

My name is xxxxxx, I'm a Canadian Citizen, residing in xxxxxx, Quebec. Myself and my wife, Leah, are currently caught up in the process of applying for Permanent Residency (PR) under the Spousal Sponsorship category.

We are outland applicants and we submitted our application to CIC September 9th, 2014. We had a small speed bump while waiting for sponsorship approval, finding out our application had been wrongly filed inland. That mistake of the Mississauga office cost us a month. Our application was then forwarded to Ottawa November 14th, 2014.

Since I am a resident of Quebec and my wife will be landing here, we had to submit for a CSQ. We received that in December and per the instructions that accompanied it, we did not mail a copy to Ottawa. In May 2015, my wife received a documents request for our CSQ, to further her application. We sent it the same day and CIC received it the very next day. According to our GCMS notes, the CSQ was not recorded into the system until what looks like May 22nd, 2015. Since then we have heard nothing and in our notes we saw my wife's medical went from "passed" to "not started". It seems the officer may have requested an extension of medical, April 27th, 2015. I'm just wondering why it would take over 2 months for that.

My wife's medicals expire July 29th (they were done last year on this date), and we want to make sure we have enough time to buy a reasonably priced plane ticket to get her to the states and then back here to land (if approved).

So, that's basically where we stand right now. We know we're well within the processing times, but we don't seem to be within the trends of other applicants who applied the same month as us. We aren't a complicated case from what we can tell; first marriage, no kids, close in age, etc.

If there is anything you can do for us, in your position as our Member of Parliament to request even a morsel of information regarding my wife's application for Permanent Residency, we would greatly appreciate it. We are not expecting anyone to help speed up the process, we just want to be treated fairly and to expect our application to be processed in a timely manner with a basic level of communication available for us to know where we stand.

Regards,
Xxxxx and Leah xxxxx"

Evadyrrehs

Nov 4, 2013
Moncton NB Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 24/2014
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
Nov 13/2014
File Transfer...
SA Nov 13/2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
July 22/2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
None
VISA ISSUED...
DM June 2/2015 and COPR arrived June 10/2015
LANDED..........
June 15/2015 Yay! 8) PR card arrived Sept 3/2015
I think it is really well written Leah and I'm sorry that you are still waiting for some news :(

It might be prudent to call and inquire if there is much of a waiting list for the medical exam, just so you can be prepared and a step ahead in case they decide not to extend your medicals etc..

lleahdoll

Nov 12, 2012
USA
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
Sep 9th, 2014
Doc's Request.
May 5th, 2015 (CSQ requested)
AOR Received.
Oct 14th, 2014
File Transfer...
Nov 14th, 2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
July 29th, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Sep 1st, 2015
Evadyrrehs said:
I think it is really well written Leah and I'm sorry that you are still waiting for some news :(

It might be prudent to call and inquire if there is much of a waiting list for the medical exam, just so you can be prepared and a step ahead in case they decide not to extend your medicals etc..
You mean call the call centre? I think they will extend my medicals since the officer noted that they expire in August (even though I did them the 29th of July, I guess they entered into the system in August?). The question is how long will they extend them... I need at least a month 1/2 after I get DM to buy a plane ticket, and I need to spend at least two weeks in the states to sort out everything.

Evadyrrehs

Nov 4, 2013
Moncton NB Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 24/2014
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
Nov 13/2014
File Transfer...
SA Nov 13/2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
July 22/2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
None
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
lleahdoll said:
You mean call the call centre? I think they will extend my medicals since the officer noted that they expire in August (even though I did them the 29th of July, I guess they entered into the system in August?). The question is how long will they extend them... I need at least a month 1/2 after I get DM to buy a plane ticket, and I need to spend at least two weeks in the states to sort out everything.
No I just meant to call the panel physician's office to see how long the wait list is to get in for a re-examination in case it may be needed etc.. Some have had their meds extended for quite a long time, for us we were given 2.5 months to land from when the COPR arrived.

You must be near to a DM Leah, and hopefully they will give you plenty of time to land like they have done with others here..

lleahdoll

Nov 12, 2012
USA
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
Sep 9th, 2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Oct 14th, 2014
File Transfer...
Nov 14th, 2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
July 29th, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Sep 1st, 2015
Evadyrrehs said:
No I just meant to call the panel physician's office to see how long the wait list is to get in for a re-examination in case it may be needed etc.. Some have had their meds extended for quite a long time, for us we were given 2.5 months to land from when the COPR arrived.

You must be near to a DM Leah, and hopefully they will give you plenty of time to land like they have done with others here..
Oh, ok! I don't think it'll be a probpem. Last year when we did our medical we only had to schedule a week ahead.
I really really hope it doesn't come to a re-medical. We're so tight on money as it is.

That's what everyone keeps saying for like a month now and still no DM... :/

Evadyrrehs

Nov 4, 2013
Moncton NB Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 24/2014
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
Nov 13/2014
File Transfer...
SA Nov 13/2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
July 22/2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
None
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
lleahdoll said:
Oh, ok! I don't think it'll be a probpem. Last year when we did our medical we only had to schedule a week ahead.
I really really hope it doesn't come to a re-medical. We're so tight on money as it is.

That's what everyone keeps saying for like a month now and still no DM... :/
That's good news about getting an appointment and I don't think you'll need to redo the medical. I just thought after all this waiting that it would be good for you to be armed with the info about booking times in case you did have to re-med..

I thought for sure you'd see a DM by now, it's gotta be soon!

Wishing you good news asap!

Cazzy_08

Star Member
Feb 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 2014
Doc's Request.
13th may 2015 (never got the memo) 8th July 2015
AOR Received.
18th September 2014
File Transfer...
Approved as a sponsor 5th November 2014
Med's Done....
Upfront in July
Hi guys, sorry I have been a bit quiet, been focusing on getting this additional information over, well we have scanned and emailed it over to them this evening, so now a waiting game to see if we have provided enough, I sent over a document typed up of what I currently do I England as a job and there experience I have, I then sent over a facebook conversation with my sisters friend about working for the same company he works at (sun life financial) I also explained I signed up to workopolis for job email updates and sent examples of what jobs I would apply for, I also explained I had a bit of a mid term plan of studying to be a realtor given my experience. I sent in evidence of removal quotes, quote to ship our dog over () and s letter from my parents explaining they are happy to provide us with support and a roof over our heads. I also added I want to help in the community and do some voluntary work (I did a shoreline clean up when I last visited and added that in too)

I hope this is enough, not like I'm going to sit on my bum all day and do nothing! I'm far too active for that, need to be busy 24/7 whether it's work, crossfit, family, anything really!

Il keep you updated xxx

Mulez

Star Member
Mar 9, 2015
the Netherlands
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 12 2014
Doc's Request.
Yes, May 22 2015
File Transfer...
Oct 28 2014 SA
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Sept 4 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
IP: July 21 DM: July 28 2015
VISA ISSUED...
COPR: August 8 2015
LANDED..........
Landed on August 17th 2015
I haven't heard a single thing.
it's been 2 months since I sent in the requested documents. Still nothing.
I really want to go on with my life. It's really hard to plan things.
I know a view September applicants are still waiting with me. I hope we all hear something soon.

Cazzy_08

Star Member
Feb 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
18th September 2014
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Upfront in July
Mulez, I think we had to send in the same documents, did you post them or email? I emailed mine on Sunday, and posting them today, have you had acknowledgement that they have them? I can't believe they would keep holding onto a nearly finished file for that long!? You would think they would want to approve and close it off?

Mulez

Star Member
Mar 9, 2015
the Netherlands
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 12 2014
Doc's Request.
Yes, May 22 2015
File Transfer...
Oct 28 2014 SA
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Sept 4 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Cazzy_08 said:
Mulez, I think we had to send in the same documents, did you post them or email? I emailed mine on Sunday, and posting them today, have you had acknowledgement that they have them? I can't believe they would keep holding onto a nearly finished file for that long!? You would think they would want to approve and close it off?
Hi Cazzy,
I send the documents via email and snail mail. Just in case. Unless thay ask for original documents, everything can be scanned and emailed.
I remember you were asked to send in a stat. of a commen-law? Isn't that an original document?
Yes, i know! :(

sorry, i see you posting it today! :)

Mulez

Star Member
Mar 9, 2015
the Netherlands
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 12 2014
Doc's Request.
Yes, May 22 2015
File Transfer...
Oct 28 2014 SA
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Sept 4 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
when are you planning to move back to Canada?

Cazzy_08

Star Member
Feb 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
18th September 2014
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Upfront in July
We are planning on moving once we get approval, we are in England at the moment, it's just a matter of getting the decision, giving notice at work and letting the flat out! We have a basement at my parents house to move too and a few pipeline jobs that I can't really start applying for until we know we can move! What about you?

Mulez

Star Member
Mar 9, 2015
the Netherlands
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 12 2014
Doc's Request.
Yes, May 22 2015
File Transfer...
Oct 28 2014 SA
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Sept 4 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Yes, me too. I'm/was a teacher here in Holland. my contract is ending in September.

I have a job offer. Totally something else, but I don't care. I like change and challenge.
My wife works for an international company as a graphic designer. We're hoping she can still work for them once we move to Canada.
We're thinking about moving before the decision is made.
We will live with an uncle and aunt of her.

lleahdoll

Nov 12, 2012
USA
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
Sep 9th, 2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Oct 14th, 2014
File Transfer...
Nov 14th, 2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
July 29th, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Sep 1st, 2015
Mulez said:
I haven't heard a single thing.
it's been 2 months since I sent in the requested documents. Still nothing.
I really want to go on with my life. It's really hard to plan things.
I know a view September applicants are still waiting with me. I hope we all hear something soon.
Believe me I know how you feel! Have you ordered notes at all? I at least saw that they received my CSQ I sent at the beginning of May. Everything else seems to be passed and approved as well, so idk what the hold up is.
I saw quite a few October applicants getting DM so maybe they're working backwards... ha!

cdnsponsor

May 24, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-09-2014
File Transfer...
14-10-2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
15-01-2014
Interview........
08-04-2015
lleahdoll said:
Believe me I know how you feel! Have you ordered notes at all? I at least saw that they received my CSQ I sent at the beginning of May. Everything else seems to be passed and approved as well, so idk what the hold up is.
I saw quite a few October applicants getting DM so maybe they're working backwards... ha!
our application went to "in processs" a week ago, prior to that it sat in medical received for almost 2 months - no rhyme or reason to the process, I guess. but still hopeful for early September!