n/a
Passport Req..
04-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
What the heck CIC??

We got our DM last Saturday in ECAS and this Saturday we got the following email:

"Your application is in the final stage of processing. In order to issue Permanent Residence visas, you are asked to complete and return Appendix ‘B'(attached) and the following instructions as indicated for yourself and each family member included on your application:

Ø Submit a photocopy/PDF Scan of ALL pages of your current, valid passport(s) (these copies do not need to be notarized/certified). Each individual must hold their own passport (including children); Diplomatic/Official passports are not acceptable.

Ø If you have changed your passport, then submit a photocopy or PDF Scan of ALL pages of your current, valid passport (these copies do not need to be notarized/certified). Each individual must hold their own passport (including children); Diplomatic/Official passports are not acceptable. Otherwise confirm in writing (email) this is still your current passport for travel

Ø Submit identification photographs to meet the enclosed Photograph Specifications

YOUR PERMANENT RESIDENT VISA WILL BE VALID FOR TRAVEL UNTIL: *05/06/2015 *MM/DD/YY

(1) There was NO attachment!!
(2) Why do they need a photo copy of our passport - AGAIN
(3) Why ID photos - AGAIN
(4) Our PR visa will be valid for travel - 2 months ago?? This one really worries me!
(5) There was no 'enclosed photo specifications'

Anyone else have any similar experience or advice with this kind of e-mail. I've already e-mailed them back saying I'm missing the attachment, but afraid it's going to go into the black hole of CIC email-land. We were pretty excited getting DM last week and now this.. I don't know what to make of it.. please help.

Evadyrrehs

Nov 4, 2013
Moncton NB Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 24/2014
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
Nov 13/2014
File Transfer...
SA Nov 13/2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
July 22/2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
None
VISA ISSUED...
DM June 2/2015 and COPR arrived June 10/2015
LANDED..........
June 15/2015 Yay! 8) PR card arrived Sept 3/2015
lleahdoll said:
Wouldn't that be ironic to get DM on July 4th... lol

I miss seeing fireworks every year!!
That would have been awesome to read some updates for July 4th Leah! 8) I'm sorry to see that it stayed pretty silent around here unfortunately.. Hopefully soon!

Cazzy_08

Star Member
Feb 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 2014
Doc's Request.
13th may 2015 (never got the memo) 8th July 2015
AOR Received.
18th September 2014
File Transfer...
Approved as a sponsor 5th November 2014
Med's Done....
Upfront in July
lleahdoll said:
Thanks Mulez!! Same to you, Cazzy, and the handful of others who are left from Ottawa!!
Thanks guys- looks like we might have to redo his medical and police checks

lleahdoll

Nov 12, 2012
USA
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
Sep 9th, 2014
Doc's Request.
May 5th, 2015 (CSQ requested)
AOR Received.
Oct 14th, 2014
File Transfer...
Nov 14th, 2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
July 29th, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM: Aug 1st, 2015 COPR: Aug 6th, 2015
LANDED..........
Sep 1st, 2015
Evadyrrehs said:
That would have been awesome to read some updates for July 4th Leah! 8) I'm sorry to see that it stayed pretty silent around here unfortunately.. Hopefully soon!
Yeah, super unfortunate. It wasn't our week :(

Cazzy_08 said:
Thanks guys- looks like we might have to redo his medical and police checks
My medical expires at the end of the month. I really hope they extend it. Especially since I've been in Canada the whole process so I couldn't have brought anything new into the country... haha

Why would you have to redo police checks?? You mean the FBI ones?

Cazzy_08

Star Member
Feb 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
18th September 2014
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Upfront in July
Yeah unless they don't expire? X

lleahdoll

Nov 12, 2012
USA
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
Sep 9th, 2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Oct 14th, 2014
File Transfer...
Nov 14th, 2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
July 29th, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Sep 1st, 2015
Cazzy_08 said:
Yeah unless they don't expire? X
I thought you just had to worry about them expiring before you sent them into cic. I can't recall anyone having to redo them during the process. Although maybe it depends on your visa office?

Can someone clue us in?

egbarr83

Mar 14, 2015
Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2014
AOR Received.
17-09-2014
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
04-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
lleahdoll said:
I thought you just had to worry about them expiring before you sent them into cic. I can't recall anyone having to redo them during the process. Although maybe it depends on your visa office?

Can someone clue us in?
I would like to know this as well.. has any september folks been asked to redo medicals that have expired? Ours have expired in May but we haven't been contacted to redo them? Is this something that would be requested by CIC...I just assumed they would send a request if they needed anymore information including new medicals. So little communication with Ottawa.

lleahdoll

Nov 12, 2012
USA
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
Sep 9th, 2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Oct 14th, 2014
File Transfer...
Nov 14th, 2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
July 29th, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Sep 1st, 2015
egbarr83 said:
I would like to know this as well.. has any september folks been asked to redo medicals that have expired? Ours have expired in May but we haven't been contacted to redo them? Is this something that would be requested by CIC...I just assumed they would send a request if they needed anymore information including new medicals. So little communication with Ottawa.
I was curious about the police check.

For the medical, they'll definitely contact you if they want you to redo them. I'd order notes if I were you and then maybe you can see if they extended them already.

Evadyrrehs

Nov 4, 2013
Moncton NB Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 24/2014
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
Nov 13/2014
File Transfer...
SA Nov 13/2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
July 22/2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
None
VISA ISSUED...
DM June 2/2015 and COPR arrived June 10/2015
LANDED..........
June 15/2015 Yay! 8) PR card arrived Sept 3/2015
You don't need to redo your FBI unless they lose them or something.. As long as the FBI check was within the allowed time frame when submitted back in Sept you're okay. The medicals do expire after 1 year but they often will extend them, it depends on the discretion of the agent working on your case.

kettle

Mar 19, 2015
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga (London)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
15.05.2015 in hand 29.05.2015
LANDED..........
egbarr83 said:
What the heck CIC??

We got our DM last Saturday in ECAS and this Saturday we got the following email:

"Your application is in the final stage of processing. In order to issue Permanent Residence visas, you are asked to complete and return Appendix ‘B'(attached) and the following instructions as indicated for yourself and each family member included on your application:

Ø Submit a photocopy/PDF Scan of ALL pages of your current, valid passport(s) (these copies do not need to be notarized/certified). Each individual must hold their own passport (including children); Diplomatic/Official passports are not acceptable.

Ø If you have changed your passport, then submit a photocopy or PDF Scan of ALL pages of your current, valid passport (these copies do not need to be notarized/certified). Each individual must hold their own passport (including children); Diplomatic/Official passports are not acceptable. Otherwise confirm in writing (email) this is still your current passport for travel

Ø Submit identification photographs to meet the enclosed Photograph Specifications

YOUR PERMANENT RESIDENT VISA WILL BE VALID FOR TRAVEL UNTIL: *05/06/2015 *MM/DD/YY

(1) There was NO attachment!!
(2) Why do they need a photo copy of our passport - AGAIN
(3) Why ID photos - AGAIN
(4) Our PR visa will be valid for travel - 2 months ago?? This one really worries me!
(5) There was no 'enclosed photo specifications'

Anyone else have any similar experience or advice with this kind of e-mail. I've already e-mailed them back saying I'm missing the attachment, but afraid it's going to go into the black hole of CIC email-land. We were pretty excited getting DM last week and now this.. I don't know what to make of it.. please help.
The date seems alarming to me personally, but the request of additional passport photos isn't unheard of or unreasonable, nor is requesting passport copies again. From what I read, that can be fairly standard operating procedure.

These requests came as a PDF for us, all of the required pages were in the PDF. Appendix B should be your updated information chart.

Hopefully someone with more experience contacting CIC can chime in.

egbarr83

Mar 14, 2015
Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2014
AOR Received.
17-09-2014
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
04-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
kettle said:
The date seems alarming to me personally, but the request of additional passport photos isn't unheard of or unreasonable, nor is requesting passport copies again. From what I read, that can be fairly standard operating procedure.

These requests came as a PDF for us, all of the required pages were in the PDF. Appendix B should be your updated information chart.

Hopefully someone with more experience contacting CIC can chime in.
Hi, I got a response last night from replying to the e-mail, and they apologized for the confusion and sent through an updated letter that looked nothing like the first letter that was sent and the date was corrected along with actually attaching the updated information chart form and photo specifications. So all good now and we send info off to Sydney office. I think the date just freaked me out, gave me a mild heartattack.. glad that is cleared up.

Btw our Medicals would of expired May 6, 2015 - they were extended on this updated letter giving us until March 2016 to travel.

Relief.. thanks for comments

lleahdoll

Nov 12, 2012
USA
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
Sep 9th, 2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Oct 14th, 2014
File Transfer...
Nov 14th, 2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
July 29th, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Sep 1st, 2015
Hi everyone! I got my GCMS notes!

It seems I may just be waiting on medical. It previously said passed but now says not started. There is a note requesting my medicals be extended so maybe I'm just waiting on that...

Mariac819

Feb 29, 2012
New York USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept. 10, 2014
Doc's Request.
May 06, 2015 - they lost my relationship proof and FBI clearance. They will accept copy of FBI, I sent in more relationship proof.
AOR Received.
Oct. 23, 2014 (By Phone)
File Transfer...
Oct. 28, 2014 (SA)
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
July 25, 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
DM - June 23, 2015 COPR June 24, 2015
LANDED..........
July 12, 2015
egbarr83 said:
Hi, I got a response last night from replying to the e-mail, and they apologized for the confusion and sent through an updated letter that looked nothing like the first letter that was sent and the date was corrected along with actually attaching the updated information chart form and photo specifications. So all good now and we send info off to Sydney office. I think the date just freaked me out, gave me a mild heartattack.. glad that is cleared up.

Btw our Medicals would of expired May 6, 2015 - they were extended on this updated letter giving us until March 2016 to travel.

Relief.. thanks for comments
I figured the date was a mistake! I have noticed that the emails are generic and then the people sending them add the extra details themselves.

Oh BTW in Canada 05/06/15 is June 5th 2015 not May 6th 2015 :) ... I noticed you thought they meant the visa expired 2 months ago. It would have been 1 month ago. Either way, like you said it was a mistake. Maybe they meant June 6th 2016?

I have heard that they can ask for pictures and passport copies when the app is sent to COPR stage. Everything seemed pretty standard except for the funky date. I would have also had a mild heart attack. I am glad it is all cleared up!

Cazzy_08

Star Member
Feb 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
18th September 2014
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Upfront in July
No update on the app, resent my form to request my notes so hopefully it will give us an insight. Not going to rebook the medical unless they contact us I guess

redrose19

May 17, 2015
Hello Everyone!!

Yay !! got decision made today and passport request!!

I am in US. What type of return envelop do I need to send with the passport? where would I find one? Please let me know the details?