July 16, 2014
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
April 13, 2014
LANDED..........
Already in canada on temp work visa... hopefully PR landing soon!
Mariac819 said:
Mine was received 9/10 - I heard nothing from CIC (Citizen and Immigration Canada). I actually had to call them to confirm that it was received because I didnt even get an AOR (Acknowledgement of receipt)- they don't really send this anymore it seems like.

I haven't gotten SA either ( Sponsor Approval)

Website doesn't show anything either - I get the same message as you.

So all I can really say is wait :-\ ... or call them if you are worried. But they didn't tell me anything. However, I am not the sponsor - my husband is. They will only talk to the sponsor.

I called because I was worried - All they were able to tell me was "Yes we have the application." They also gave me an application # which is useless online right now. They said "We cannot give you any further information - your sponsor must call in for further details on the progress of the application."
I think it is your time, Mariac819! Hopefully this week- fingers crossed for you!

Also, I tried to log in with my receipt ID as one of the options on the login, but it gave me the same message as you received. It was only after we got SA and got the UCI# that I was able to log in and access the little information that was posted: "Application was received. We mailed your results on.." and for my part "application was received on__. Medical results have been received." So, if you're having trouble logging in with any other method prior to SA, it probably won't work since I don't think they update the ecas site with your information until that part is processed.

ajhatti

Aug 4, 2014
Hi all,

We had filed our application on Sept 5, 2014. We were asked for updated IMM forms on Oct 9, which we sent October 17, 2014.

Does anybody know how much more time it might take after CIC has received the updated forms.

Gsizzle

Oct 27, 2014
Mariac819 said:
Mine was received 9/10 - I heard nothing from CIC (Citizen and Immigration Canada). I actually had to call them to confirm that it was received because I didnt even get an AOR (Acknowledgement of receipt)- they don't really send this anymore it seems like.

I haven't gotten SA either ( Sponsor Approval)

Website doesn't show anything either - I get the same message as you.

So all I can really say is wait :-\ ... or call them if you are worried. But they didn't tell me anything. However, I am not the sponsor - my husband is. They will only talk to the sponsor.

I called because I was worried - All they were able to tell me was "Yes we have the application." They also gave me an application # which is useless online right now. They said "We cannot give you any further information - your sponsor must call in for further details on the progress of the application."
Thanks for the kind feedback and clearing out a lot of confusion. Can't wait for the SA as well :)

Mariac819

Feb 29, 2012
New York USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept. 10, 2014
Doc's Request.
May 06, 2015 - they lost my relationship proof and FBI clearance. They will accept copy of FBI, I sent in more relationship proof.
AOR Received.
Oct. 23, 2014 (By Phone)
File Transfer...
Oct. 28, 2014 (SA)
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
July 25, 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
DM - June 23, 2015 COPR June 24, 2015
LANDED..........
July 12, 2015
Some News

Wanted to share for those who like me can't have their sponsor call everytime they need something from CIC.

Because the first stage is only about the sponsor, only they can call for information. My husband went into work late today just to talk to them (his normal business hours are the same as CIC so he had not had the time to talk to them).

When I called they wouldn't tell me anything useful.

Anyway - he called and they told him.

1. Your application was opened and scanned into the system
2. We have NOT yet looked at or assessed it :(
3. They are working on 9/8/2014 applications right now and it will be some time before we have an SA for you (im so sad)
4. He got the UCI # (guess this is good)
5. He requested I have the authorization to call at anytime and be given any information so they sent him this email which we will answer back today

Ill add the email links when i'm on a PC-

Date: Tue, Oct 28, 2014 at 8:15 AM
Subject: Request for information
To: ***** @ ********.com

Please do not reply to this email.

Date: 2014-10-28

Sir, Madam,

Thank you for contacting Citizenship and Immigration Canada. I am pleased to follow up on your request:

Application and forms - Use of a representative or Power of attorney

The purpose of the Privacy Act is to insure the protection of your personal information. The Access to Information Act gives you the right to access that information. You can also allow us to give your personal information to someone of your choice by providing a written authorization.

If you want to authorize someone to act on your behalf, you must send the Use of a Representative (IMM 5476) form or a Power of Attorney.

LINK: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/representative.asp

The authorized person will be able to:

Contact us on your behalf,
Get information on the status of your application, and
Update your information.

A representative can be paid or not. If your representative is paid, they must be:

• An immigration consultant who is a member in good standing of the Consultants of Canada Regulatory Council (ICCRC),
    A lawyer who is a member of a Canadian law society or a legal trainee under his supervision, or
    A notary of the Chambres des notaires du Québec or a legal trainee under his supervision.

If your representative is not paid, they can be a:

• Friend,
    Family member,
    Person in a religious or non-governmental organization,
    Etc.

You may have one representative only. If you appoint an additional representative, the previous representative will no longer be authorized to conduct business on your behalf and receive information on your file. To authorize a representative, you must send the IMM 5476 form or the Power of Attorney with your application.

If your application was already submitted, use the email form and upload the IMM 5476 or Power of Attorney.

Email Form Link: https://dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

Please allow 5 to 10 business days for the authorization to be added in your file.

The information in this email is meant to assist you in understanding the immigration and citizenship policies and/or procedures. If you plan on consulting this email again at a future date, please visit our website at www.cic.gc.ca to ensure that you have the most current information.

I would also like to suggest other online services that you might find helpful:
Download application forms and guides
Change of address
Check your application status
Help Centre to find answers to your questions

Agent #****
Citizenship and Immigration Canada

Note The information provided may change without notice. If there is conflicting information between the text in the email and the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, the Citizenship Act or their regulations, the Act and/or Regulations prevail. This email was sent to you in the language of your choice. The information on the CIC website is available in both official languages. The masculine form may have been used for convenience; it refers to both men and women.

michminn

Aug 26, 2014
Nanaimo, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP - Miss to Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/09/2014
AOR Received.
05/12/2014
File Transfer...
05/12/2014
Med's Done....
18/03/2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waives/US citizen
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 17/6/2015
LANDED..........
Soon... 25/6/2015 !!!!!!!!!!! Anticipated
Re: some Sad news for me today

Mariac819 said:
Wanted to share for those who like me can't have their sponsor call everytime they need something from CIC.

Because the first stage is only about the sponsor, only they can call for information. My husband went into work late today just to talk to them (his normal business hours are the same as CIC so he had not had the time to talk to them).

When I called they wouldn't tell me anything useful.

Anyway - he called and they told him.

1. Your application was opened and scanned into the system
2. We have NOT yet looked at or assessed it :(
3. They are working on 9/8/2014 applications right now and it will be some time before we have an SA for you (im so sad)
4. He got the UCI # (guess this is good)
5. He requested I have the authorization to call at anytime and be given any information so they sent him this email which we will answer back today

Ill add the email links when i'm on a PC-
What a crock of "Chit", anything to make the "Already" difficult more so.

michminn

Aug 26, 2014
Nanaimo, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP - Miss to Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/09/2014
AOR Received.
05/12/2014
File Transfer...
05/12/2014
Med's Done....
18/03/2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waives/US citizen
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 17/6/2015
LANDED..........
Spouse, common‑law partner or dependent child
44 days

Working on applications received on September 8, 2014)

Mariac819

Feb 29, 2012
New York USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept. 10, 2014
Doc's Request.
May 06, 2015 - they lost my relationship proof and FBI clearance. They will accept copy of FBI, I sent in more relationship proof.
AOR Received.
Oct. 23, 2014 (By Phone)
File Transfer...
Oct. 28, 2014 (SA)
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
July 25, 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
July 12, 2015
I got SA!!!!!!!!! :)

OK as you guys can read! Just this morning my husband was told no one has look at our application and it would be some time. Then we get SA a few hours later?????

Coincidence????

This seems to be happening to a few people!

andrew-brit

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2014
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2014
Doc's Request.
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
SA: 31-10-2014 In Process: 07-09-2015
File Transfer...
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014 extended until 19-10-2016
Passport Req..
DM 05-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
30-12-2015
Mariac819 said:

OK as you guys can read! Just this morning my husband was told no one has look at our application and it would be some time. Then we get SA a few hours later?????

Coincidence????

Congrats Maria! I have seen others contact CIC, told that they are nowhere near to receiving SA and them boom, it happens! I think it may be that the people you speak to have little/no access to real time info on your file?

Mariac819

Feb 29, 2012
New York USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept. 10, 2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Oct. 23, 2014 (By Phone)
File Transfer...
Oct. 28, 2014 (SA)
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
July 25, 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
July 12, 2015
andrew-brit said:
Congrats Maria! I have seen others contact CIC, told that they are nowhere near to receiving SA and them boom, it happens! I think it may be that the people you speak to have little/no access to real time info on your file?
I think you are right also!

I am going to fill in the links to the email they sent us above if any wife/husband wants to give their significant other access to call like we were going to do.

warzo

Aug 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2014
AOR Received.
29-11-2014
File Transfer...
01-12-2014 - In Process...: - 17-08-2015
Med's Done....
06-08-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
13-11-2015
LANDED..........
28-12-2015
Mariac819 said:
I think you are right also!

I am going to fill in the links to the email they sent us above if any wife/husband wants to give their significant other access to call like we were going to do.
congrats :).

Evadyrrehs

Nov 4, 2013
Moncton NB Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 24/2014
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
Nov 13/2014
File Transfer...
SA Nov 13/2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
July 22/2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
None
VISA ISSUED...
DM June 2/2015 and COPR arrived June 10/2015
LANDED..........
June 15/2015 Yay! 8) PR card arrived Sept 3/2015
Mariac819 said:

Coincidence????

Hooray!!! That is Awesomesauce! ;D Sherry and I are two weeks behind Y'all so we shall see but in the mean time Yahoo! 8)

michminn

Aug 26, 2014
Nanaimo, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP - Miss to Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/09/2014
AOR Received.
05/12/2014
File Transfer...
05/12/2014
Med's Done....
18/03/2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waives/US citizen
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 17/6/2015
LANDED..........
Mariac819 said:

Coincidence????

CONGRATULATIONS MARIA!!!!!!!!!! AYAYAYYAYAYAYAYAYAYYAYAYA SO HAPPY FOR YOU....WOOOHOOOO

michminn

Aug 26, 2014
Nanaimo, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP - Miss to Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/09/2014
AOR Received.
05/12/2014
File Transfer...
05/12/2014
Med's Done....
18/03/2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waives/US citizen
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 17/6/2015
LANDED..........

Gsizzle

Oct 27, 2014
Mariac819 said:

Coincidence????

Congrats Mariac819! Would you be able to share the number your husband used to get in touch with the CIC?

Waiting on my SA as well.