21-10-2014 (SA)
File Transfer...
22-10-2014
Med's Request
Upfront- Spouse
Med's Done....
03-05-2014
JAMO1973 said:
I actually originally sent my application on August 3 and it was returned 2 weeks ago for outdated forms that WERE updated. So now I had to re-send it blablabla. So I think the best is to try to forget about the applications until they advise you. Try not to guess what or when they will do something. It's impossible to know with CIC.
I am nervous, as we are moving Provinces in a month. I am making a Career change. I was hoping for SA before they had a chance to find out my life is changing. I am making more money, so that's not the issue. I am concerned of what a massive headache it will be if they call the employer on my application, and that Employer says that I no longer work there, that this isn't a HUGE hiccup in this whole new process... you see the concern.... ::) ???

taffy7

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2014/June 10th 2014 application complete
Doc's Request.
09 June 2014 same doc's requested again 6th Oct 2014. docs not needed again mistake by cic
AOR Received.
sponsorship approval 05 Aug 2014
File Transfer...
05 Aug 2014
Med's Request
28 July 2015
Med's Done....
30th Dec 2013
Passport Req..
in process 18th July 2015/ DM 5/12/2015
LANDED..........
28/12/2015
DANERIN said:
I am nervous, as we are moving Provinces in a month. I am making a Career change. I was hoping for SA before they had a chance to find out my life is changing. I am making more money, so that's not the issue. I am concerned of what a massive headache it will be if they call the employer on my application, and that Employer says that I no longer work there, that this isn't a HUGE hiccup in this whole new process... you see the concern.... ::) ???
They never called my employer and i got sponsorship Good luck.

Mariac819

Feb 29, 2012
New York USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept. 10, 2014
Doc's Request.
May 06, 2015 - they lost my relationship proof and FBI clearance. They will accept copy of FBI, I sent in more relationship proof.
AOR Received.
Oct. 23, 2014 (By Phone)
File Transfer...
Oct. 28, 2014 (SA)
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
July 25, 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
DM - June 23, 2015 COPR June 24, 2015
LANDED..........
July 12, 2015
JAMO1973 said:
Only one person from August has gotten approval and they are a Canadian-American couple which is always easier. Don't expect anything so soon.
Sigh... why does everyone say its always easier for Canadian - American couples. We wait in the dark just the same :(

Mariac819

Feb 29, 2012
New York USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept. 10, 2014
Doc's Request.
May 06, 2015 - they lost my relationship proof and FBI clearance. They will accept copy of FBI, I sent in more relationship proof.
AOR Received.
Oct. 23, 2014 (By Phone)
File Transfer...
Oct. 28, 2014 (SA)
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
July 25, 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
July 12, 2015
DANERIN said:

Danerin - They updated their website on 9/24/14 with the Following:

55 days

Working on applications received on July 31, 2014

***It was previously 48 days so they did add a few days to the processing time. They update that every week or so***

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-fc.asp

JAMO1973

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 6, 2014
AOR Received.
Nov. 19, 2014 AOR2 Feb.12 and request for PGR same day
File Transfer...
Nov. 24, 2014
Med's Done....
July 24, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
July 28, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
August 6, 2015
You've only waited 3 1/2 weeks.

Mariac819

Feb 29, 2012
New York USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept. 10, 2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Oct. 23, 2014 (By Phone)
File Transfer...
Oct. 28, 2014 (SA)
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
July 25, 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
July 12, 2015
JAMO1973 said:
You've only waited 3 1/2 weeks.
If you really want to point things out.... I have been with my husband for 5 years long distance traveling back and forth between both countries. So I have been waiting 5 years if you want to be TECHNICAL . None of US should Judge what someone else goes through with out knowing because everyone's situation is different. That is all I was getting at.

oconnoec

Star Member
Aug 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Medical
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 13, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
July 16, 2014
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
April 13, 2014
LANDED..........
Already in canada on temp work visa... hopefully PR landing soon!
Mariac819 said:

55 days

***It was previously 48 days so they did add a few days to the processing time. They update that every week or so***
I applied in August (and also updated the August Ottawa spreadsheet), but I just got our sponsor approval for my Canadian husband today! He was approved 37 days after we applied on August 13, 2014, but did not receive official word until he got the letter in the mail today (Sept 30th, 2014). So, have faith! I think it is actually being processed faster than what they update online for some. There weren't too many others that I've found on the site that have applied at the same time I did, so this is all I know! My application is in Ottawa right now and I will update you as I hear more. By the way, we are an American-Canadian couple, too :) With no kids

Mariac819

Feb 29, 2012
New York USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept. 10, 2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Oct. 23, 2014 (By Phone)
File Transfer...
Oct. 28, 2014 (SA)
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
July 25, 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
July 12, 2015
oconnoec said:
I applied in August (and also updated the August Ottawa spreadsheet), but I just got our sponsor approval for my Canadian husband today! He was approved 37 days after we applied on August 13, 2014, but did not receive official word until he got the letter in the mail today (Sept 30th, 2014). So, have faith! I think it is actually being processed faster than what they update online for some. There weren't too many others that I've found on the site that have applied at the same time I did, so this is all I know! My application is in Ottawa right now and I will update you as I hear more. By the way, we are an American-Canadian couple, too :) With no kids
Haha i just answered you in the other thread :)... Again, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you! for posting this!!! :):) It put a smile on my face!!! I hope it moves along that quickly for all of us waiting :)

DANERIN

Star Member
Jun 7, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2014
AOR Received.
21-10-2014 (SA)
File Transfer...
22-10-2014
Med's Request
Upfront- Spouse
Med's Done....
03-05-2014
oconnoec said:
Wonderful news.. So happy things are going quickly for you!!
X

DANERIN

Star Member
Jun 7, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2014
AOR Received.
21-10-2014 (SA)
File Transfer...
22-10-2014
Med's Request
Upfront- Spouse
Med's Done....
03-05-2014
taffy7 said:
They never called my employer and i got sponsorship Good luck.
That's nice to hear, thanks a million! :D

Christoph100

Jun 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-07-2014
Doc's Request.
23-09-2014 Rcvd 27-09-2014, 29-09-2014
AOR Received.
SA :04-09-2014
File Transfer...
04-09-2014 AOR2 09-23-2014
Med's Done....
05-07-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-04-2015 Validity-10-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
16-04-2015
LANDED..........
31-05-2015
Mariac819 said:
Sigh... why does everyone say its always easier for Canadian - American couples. We wait in the dark just the same :(
You may wait in the dark like the the rest of us......however

1. Total processing time is normally quicker.
2. Validity of relationship is not normally scrutinized as much as an over seas spouse that requires a visitor visa just to enter Canada.
3. Travel between the two countries is pretty straight fore ward.

Onemoretime

Star Member
Jul 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-08-2014
File Transfer...
08-10-2014
Med's Done....
08-08-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
18-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-04-2015
Mariac819 said:

55 days

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-fc.asp
The previous processing times of 48 days per the CIC seem to tie in with the average processing times of the July spreadsheet on this forum which shows 49 days. Unfortunately, based on the waiting time so far for the August applications, the 55 days seems more likely and CIC seems to have slowed down their process. Therefore, expect at least 8 weeks (if no issues with the application or no complications). Just my assessment and 2 cents...good luck to everyone!

Dalrac1970

Oct 1, 2014
Hello All,

Very pleased to see that this is a well organised and resourced forum - I really love the spreadsheet too!

The Husband and I submitted our spousal application to Mississauga on 26th Sept 2014 via UPS. Our VO is London. We did the upfront meds and had the forms back to include in application pack. Police checks all clear and have paid the full fees. Originally I was under the impression that processing times with a full application and upfront medical were significantly reduced, in some cases to under sixth months. It seems, however, that London VO, according to the other outland spreadsheets, take a longer time than other places to process and give SA. We thought it should be a smooth enough albeit a long-winded process but since reading the forum I am now beginning to really panic!

Firstly I think we may have missed an 'Additional Family Information' form, not realising that my Canadian Husband (the sponsor) was to complete this. We went over and over the information, but seem to have not understood that this was for the sponsor to complete if they were the spouse...so that will be hold up number

Secondly, we now think that my child, (husbands step-son) may cause a problem. My son and I have the same name (my maiden name) and I never took my husband's name for professional reasons...I am concerned this will confuse the IO and they may need more info about this!?!

In all, we thought this may take about a year but have now heard that this is usually more likely to be 18 months...so much conflicting info, I was hoping someone may be able to help? Obviously I am a newbie on here. If I have out this post in the wrong place, or done something wrong, please forgive me and advise the correct procedure for such forums.

Good luck everyone. Here's to playing the waiting game!

MilesAway

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Doc's Request.
09-04-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-06-2015
Dalrac1970 said:
Hello All,

Very pleased to see that this is a well organised and resourced forum - I really love the spreadsheet too!

The Husband and I submitted our spousal application to Mississauga on 26th Sept 2014 via UPS. Our VO is London. We did the upfront meds and had the forms back to include in application pack. Police checks all clear and have paid the full fees. Originally I was under the impression that processing times with a full application and upfront medical were significantly reduced, in some cases to under sixth months. It seems, however, that London VO, according to the other outland spreadsheets, take a longer time than other places to process and give SA. We thought it should be a smooth enough albeit a long-winded process but since reading the forum I am now beginning to really panic!

Firstly I think we may have missed an 'Additional Family Information' form, not realising that my Canadian Husband (the sponsor) was to complete this. We went over and over the information, but seem to have not understood that this was for the sponsor to complete if they were the spouse...so that will be hold up number

Secondly, we now think that my child, (husbands step-son) may cause a problem. My son and I have the same name (my maiden name) and I never took my husband's name for professional reasons...I am concerned this will confuse the IO and they may need more info about this!?!

In all, we thought this may take about a year but have now heard that this is usually more likely to be 18 months...so much conflicting info, I was hoping someone may be able to help? Obviously I am a newbie on here. If I have out this post in the wrong place, or done something wrong, please forgive me and advise the correct procedure for such forums.

Good luck everyone. Here's to playing the waiting game!
The Additional Family Info form is only for the principal applicant. The sponsor does not need to complete it. When they say spouse, they mean that the principal applicant has a spouse who is not the sponsor. For example, sponsoring parents or grandparents.

London can be quite quick. Some of the cases have been sent to Ottawa instead, for reasons unknown (this is standard for CIC), and they've been processed quite quickly. I think I saw one of them done in 4 months?

If you explained that you did not take your husband's last name for that reason, I don't see why it would matter. I did not take my spouse's name, and a lot of people do not. In Quebec, you cannot take your husband's last name.

If your case is straight-forward, then I would expect to be done in under a year. If you've got any unusual situations or red flags in your application, then it might go slower and/or an interview might be required.

Dalrac1970

Oct 1, 2014
Thanks for that info MilesAway,

Phew, that is what we understood the additional family info section guidance to mean, hence we didn't complete or send it.

Our only other worry... My son(13) lives with us and always has. I was not married to nor ever lived with the birth father, and he has had very little, sporadic contact. Birth father is named on the birth cert. but son has my surname. I have sole parental responsibility by UK law. There is nothing to suggest that I should have his birth fathers permission to take him to Canada, but other forums have suggested that Canada requires both parent's consent. Is this likely to cause a problem or delay process?

I understand that each case is different, but none of the posts I have read on this topic appear on recent threads or UK spousal applications.

Sorry if this is not the right place for such questions.

Thanks again for your earlier reply MilesAway.