Sept 26, 2014
AOR Received.
November 14, 2014
Med's Done....
September 9, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
May 29, 2014
michminn said:
I have been here since March 2014, you can obtain a visitor extension at the border; you'll be sent inside anyway if you are driving through with furniture etc. Otherwise, you can extend it online which takes about 13 days for processing.
I'm moving from Nashville, TN to Calgary, AB. I'll be flying in with just two suitcases and my two dogs. Did you move up after the SA went through, or did you start the entire process while living in Canada?

Mariac819

Feb 29, 2012
New York USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept. 10, 2014
Doc's Request.
May 06, 2015 - they lost my relationship proof and FBI clearance. They will accept copy of FBI, I sent in more relationship proof.
AOR Received.
Oct. 23, 2014 (By Phone)
File Transfer...
Oct. 28, 2014 (SA)
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
July 25, 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
DM - June 23, 2015 COPR June 24, 2015
LANDED..........
July 12, 2015
Claudzilla said:
So, is anyone actually planning on moving (if you're not already in CA), once you SA? It's my understanding that, at least for Americans, crossing the border shouldn't be a problem if you have your SA paperwork in hand so you can show them that you're doing everything by the book. I was then advised to file for a visitation extension (though I'm still not clear on when to do that).

I don't think you can technically "move" with an SA only. You can visit and then extend your visitor time but you won't be able to work or anything until your COPR is issued.

Someone please correct me if I am wrong :)

michminn

Aug 26, 2014
Nanaimo, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP - Miss to Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/09/2014
AOR Received.
05/12/2014
File Transfer...
05/12/2014
Med's Done....
18/03/2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waives/US citizen
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 17/6/2015
LANDED..........
Soon... 25/6/2015 !!!!!!!!!!! Anticipated
Claudzilla said:
I'm moving from Nashville, TN to Calgary, AB. I'll be flying in with just two suitcases and my two dogs. Did you move up after the SA went through, or did you start the entire process while living in Canada?
Long story...I'll make it short ;)

Soooooooooooooooooooooo...... lol!!

I moved to Canada in March, this year! And yes, I flew in also. I brought two very large suitcases with me and was there for my honeymoon; we just married 7 days prior. While I was there we decided to start my "Inland" application :-X we thought that was the only way?! And, we wanted to be together. I had to go back home obviously, I needed my dog and to settle affairs as well. We decided to drive back in April; if you show "Intent" you can get back into Canada as long as you are with your sponsor. We took the WORKS... Marriage certificate etc.. After collecting some more of my stuff and my lil' puppy, we headed back. My stomach was in knots the whole way, we where nervous I wouldn't get back in. :'( When we went across the border we where flagged to go inside, with the puppy sitting in the car barking the WHOLE time, we went inside. Inside it was cut and dry, we showed our receipt for the Inland application and marriage Cert. The officer was nice "Thankfully", and I was given a 6 month visitor visa (Us to Canada). I have sense learned that "Outland' was the faster approach and have recently reapplied via THAT route. It's been an interesting road so far as well entertaining. Good Luck ;)

** So no, we didn't wait for SA due to my being Implied at that time, only AOR would have applied.

lleahdoll

Nov 12, 2012
USA
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
Sep 9th, 2014
Doc's Request.
May 5th, 2015 (CSQ requested)
AOR Received.
Oct 14th, 2014
File Transfer...
Nov 14th, 2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
July 29th, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM: Aug 1st, 2015 COPR: Aug 6th, 2015
LANDED..........
Sep 1st, 2015
I also have a long story.... don't know if I can shorten it... here goes...

My husband and I started talking online via OKCupid July 2012. We were officially bf/gf August 2012. At the time I started school for the fall semester and was living in a dorm. (Had been going to my school 2 years previously as well).
I started having bad anxiety and couldn't really deal with school and being alone (no family where I lived or friends). So we decided I'd take a break from school and come visit him. For how long, we weren't sure but we bought a return ticket for January. I left December 2012. I told the officers at the airport I was visiting my boyfriend for the holidays, which was technically true since I wasn't sure how long I'd be staying.
Well, I ended up staying until June 2013 (the whole 6 months allowed on a US passport). I went back to the states and I was planning on going back to visit him bc I wasn't sure about school yet but there was also a possibility I would start school again fall 2013. BUT while I was in the states (for about a week), my then boyfriend came and surprised me and proposed!!! Before that we had thought about going the common-law route but people on here weren't sure if being a visitor for 12 months would count so we were kinda at a stand still in our relationship.
So we got engaged June 2013, and then decided to get married ASAP so we could start immigration so we could be together, no worries. :) So, since we took that route, none of my family could come when we got married. It was just a civil ceremony but we hope to have a wedding when we can afford it.
Anywho, so I came back to Quebec with him June 2013, I told the officers I was visiting my fiance for the summer (this time I did not have a return ticket). No questions asked, I got the whole 6 months.
Then November 2013 I needed to leave to reset my passport. I could have done an extension but I wanted to visit family anyways, so I went to the states for a couple weeks and then came back early December 2013. I just told the lady at the airport I was visiting my husband and she stamped my passport, didn't even look up at me.
And since then we have been working on immigration and just settling into our apartment. May 2014, I didn't want to leave and we were trying to save money, so instead of me leaving to the states and then coming back, we applied for an extension. Well, stupid me screwed up the first extension. When it asked how long you plan to stay... I was confused on if that meant on your current stay or what you HOPE CIC will grant you... hahah I put how long I was currently staying til and that was only a month from that date..... I'm a dumb ass. hahah
So, I did a SECOND extension 2-ish weeks later, and I did it correctly this time, putting a year from the date I filed the extension. I got approved.. I think 4-6 days later for a one year extension!
Of course we're hoping PR goes through before that. :p

Anyways.... this was to show that yes you can "move" here before PR. But always say you're visiting. I still consider myself a visitor even though I pretty much feel like I've been living here for almost 2 years (in December). No, I can't work or go to school. And that's been a little tough. There are days I go stir crazy. But I'm also in a different situation because I have a lot of problems (anxiety, etc) that I am working on as well.
Also, I brought all my clothes winter clothes and personal belongings like make-up and such the first time I visited. I did bring some spring type clothes as well since I didn't know how long I would be staying. When I went back June 2013, I got the rest of my clothes, which wasn't too much and a couple personal items that my brother was storing for me. The rest of the things I didn't need, I gave to Salvation Army.
I also have quite a bit of things stored at a family members house from when I started going to college. Things like keepsakes from childhood, birthday cards, stuffed animals, my art from high school and before. Things that people don't bring with them to a college dorm.
So, I'm hoping I can get most of that when I get PR and go back to the states to do inventory for the B4.

Mariac819

Feb 29, 2012
New York USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept. 10, 2014
Doc's Request.
May 06, 2015 - they lost my relationship proof and FBI clearance. They will accept copy of FBI, I sent in more relationship proof.
AOR Received.
Oct. 23, 2014 (By Phone)
File Transfer...
Oct. 28, 2014 (SA)
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
July 25, 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
July 12, 2015
Like Leah said - you can "visit for an extend time" but you NEVER tell them you are moving until you have your COPR. So if you want to "move" You can do what Leah did but like she said. You can't work or study or have any legal status in the country. You also will have no health insurance, no drivers license. NOTHING. You are pretty much in limbo. I tell you this because I have stayed with my husband for months at a time in Canada but my entire life is still back home. I also had a career to attend too so I guess it is different. If you don't have anything back home it could be easier. good luck

michminn

Aug 26, 2014
Nanaimo, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP - Miss to Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/09/2014
AOR Received.
05/12/2014
File Transfer...
05/12/2014
Med's Done....
18/03/2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waives/US citizen
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 17/6/2015
LANDED..........
Mariac819 said:
Like Leah said - you can "visit for an extend time" but you NEVER tell them you are moving until you have your COPR. So if you want to "move" You can do what Leah did but like she said. You can't work or study or have any legal status in the country. You also will have no health insurance, no drivers license. NOTHING. You are pretty much in limbo. I tell you this because I have stayed with my husband for months at a time in Canada but my entire life is still back home. I also had a career to attend too so I guess it is different. If you don't have anything back home it could be easier. good luck
I have Health insurance and a Drivers license, I live in BC.

Mariac819

Feb 29, 2012
New York USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept. 10, 2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Oct. 23, 2014 (By Phone)
File Transfer...
Oct. 28, 2014 (SA)
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
July 25, 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
July 12, 2015
michminn said:
I have Health insurance and a Drivers license, I live in BC.
My statement wasn't for you. But now I am curious. How do you have health insurance and a drivers license in BC with out being a permanent resident? Please share, because I am all over this if it can be done. I am sick and tired of being apart from my husband.

Nevermind just saw you are an inland applicant right?Then did outland? - So yeah if you were an inland applicant it works differently I am guessing?. I am outland, SO I am not sure how inland to outland affects your status in Canada.

I am extremely confused as you can tell lol...

michminn

Aug 26, 2014
Nanaimo, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP - Miss to Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/09/2014
AOR Received.
05/12/2014
File Transfer...
05/12/2014
Med's Done....
18/03/2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waives/US citizen
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 17/6/2015
LANDED..........
Mariac819 said:
My statement wasn't for you. But now I am curious. How do you have health insurance and a drivers license in BC with out being a permanent resident? Please share, because I am all over this if it can be done. I am sick and tired of being apart from my husband.

Nevermind just saw you are an inland applicant right?Then did outland? - So yeah if you were an inland applicant it works differently I am guessing?. I am outland, SO I am not sure how inland to outland affects your status in Canada.

I am extremely confused as you can tell lol...
My statement wasn't for you.

Please make sure that when posting in this forum you send a "Private message" if you do not want contradicting feedback given. We are all here to support one another. :D Inland/Outland doesn't matter, as long as you are here 6 mos. or more have an application on file and meet all qualifications.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t184207.0.html
http://www.health.gov.bc.ca/insurance/msp_register.html#appEligibility

lleahdoll

Nov 12, 2012
USA
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
Sep 9th, 2014
Doc's Request.
May 5th, 2015 (CSQ requested)
AOR Received.
Oct 14th, 2014
File Transfer...
Nov 14th, 2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
July 29th, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM: Aug 1st, 2015 COPR: Aug 6th, 2015
LANDED..........
Sep 1st, 2015
michminn said:

Please make sure that when posting in this forum you send a "Private message" if you do not want contradicting feedback given. We are all here to support one another. :D Inland/Outland doesn't matter, as long as you are here 6 mos. or more have an application on file and meet all qualifications.

I wish that was the case for Quebec as well :(
I have to wait til I have PR.
So I am in limbo.

But yes, like you said Maria, I have nothing back in the states as I only had school going on before I met my husband and that's on hold anyways.

Mariac819

Feb 29, 2012
New York USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept. 10, 2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Oct. 23, 2014 (By Phone)
File Transfer...
Oct. 28, 2014 (SA)
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
July 25, 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
July 12, 2015
michminn said:

ok

michminn

Aug 26, 2014
Nanaimo, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP - Miss to Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/09/2014
AOR Received.
05/12/2014
File Transfer...
05/12/2014
Med's Done....
18/03/2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waives/US citizen
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 17/6/2015
LANDED..........
A fellow "Maiden in waiting" hehe, made a statement. And, I agree

Many of us are stressed out over the application process, as she said: Many of us are typing messages in this forum NOT next to our loved ones. I can't imagine the pain and longing let alone the strength that many of you are feeling. Know that you are not alone, even though there are those of us IN Canada applying Outland we too suffer the pain of having to be away from our families back home. Yes, I have my beautiful wife at my side yes I am appreciative, but it would be nice to see my grandma without having to pay an astronomical amount for air fare, stress about re entry and worry if I am not going to see my wife again because immigration declined re entry.

Not one person in this forum has it worse or better than the other, everyone has their own unique situation. One thing is certain, we are all strong and willing to go through whatever obstacles the government deems fit to be with our Soul mates. Let's support each other, be there for one another and care if someone is having a bad day or stressed to the max. :D

WE CAN BE 1 FORUM STRONG LOL... IT'S WHAT WE FEEL THAT MATTERS NOT WHAT YOU HEAR OR SAY

HUGS TO ALL OF MY SEPTEMBER FRIENDS, HANG N THERE WE WILL MAKE IT!! 8)

Claudzilla

Star Member
Sep 26, 2014
Airdrie, AB by way of Nashville, TN
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 26, 2014
AOR Received.
November 14, 2014
Med's Done....
September 9, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
May 29, 2014
Mariac819 said:
I don't think you can technically "move" with an SA only. You can visit and then extend your visitor time but you won't be able to work or anything until your COPR is issued.

Someone please correct me if I am wrong :)
Yeah, sorry, I didn't mean technically "move", more just like "go up with no intention of coming back unless I have to". :) Basically, the idea is to go up to visit for the 6 month maximum after SA is approved, and then file for a visitor's extension on top of that to hopefully make it a year. If I have to return to the US at some point down the road, for a few months, so be it, but it's a lot better than waiting out the entire 16 months away from my new husband and home.

I've already left my job in the US and sold my house here. So there's nothing holding me here at all once SA goes through. I understand I'll have the dreaded "insurance/drivers license" limbo, but we've decided it's not the end of the world.

Mariac819

Feb 29, 2012
New York USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept. 10, 2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Oct. 23, 2014 (By Phone)
File Transfer...
Oct. 28, 2014 (SA)
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
July 25, 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
July 12, 2015
michminn said:
A fellow "Maiden in waiting" hehe, made a statement. And, I agree

Many of us are stressed out over the application process, as she said: Many of us are typing messages in this forum NOT next to our loved ones. I can't imagine the pain and longing let alone the strength that many of you are feeling. Know that you are not alone, even though there are those of us IN Canada applying Outland we too suffer the pain of having to be away from our families back home. Yes, I have my beautiful wife at my side yes I am appreciative, but it would be nice to see my grandma without having to pay an astronomical amount for air fare, stress about re entry and worry if I am not going to see my wife again because immigration declined re entry.

Not one person in this forum has it worse or better than the other, everyone has their own unique situation. One thing is certain, we are all strong and willing to go through whatever obstacles the government deems fit to be with our Soul mates. Let's support each other, be there for one another and care if someone is having a bad day or stressed to the max. :D

WE CAN BE 1 FORUM STRONG LOL... IT'S WHAT WE FEEL THAT MATTERS NOT WHAT YOU HEAR OR SAY

HUGS TO ALL OF MY SEPTEMBER FRIENDS, HANG N THERE WE WILL MAKE IT!! 8)
Beautifully said!

Mariac819

Feb 29, 2012
New York USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept. 10, 2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Oct. 23, 2014 (By Phone)
File Transfer...
Oct. 28, 2014 (SA)
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
July 25, 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
July 12, 2015
Claudzilla said:
Yeah, sorry, I didn't mean technically "move", more just like "go up with no intention of coming back unless I have to". :) Basically, the idea is to go up to visit for the 6 month maximum after SA is approved, and then file for a visitor's extension on top of that to hopefully make it a year. If I have to return to the US at some point down the road, for a few months, so be it, but it's a lot better than waiting out the entire 16 months away from my new husband and home.

I've already left my job in the US and sold my house here. So there's nothing holding me here at all once SA goes through. I understand I'll have the dreaded "insurance/drivers license" limbo, but we've decided it's not the end of the world.
I'm doing the same exact thing come End of November, im going to settle my affairs here in NYC and head HOME to "visit" my husband for the holidays!

michminn

Aug 26, 2014
Nanaimo, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP - Miss to Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/09/2014
AOR Received.
05/12/2014