Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept. 10, 2014
Doc's Request.
May 06, 2015 - they lost my relationship proof and FBI clearance. They will accept copy of FBI, I sent in more relationship proof.
AOR Received.
Oct. 23, 2014 (By Phone)
File Transfer...
Oct. 28, 2014 (SA)
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
July 25, 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
DM - June 23, 2015 COPR June 24, 2015
LANDED..........
July 12, 2015
redrose19 said:
Congrats Maria and all those who have received DM's!!

CIC came back to us asking for proof that my husband reside in Canada. Can someone please confirm the documents we have and let me know any additional I can add to this. so far we have.

My husband's
Driving license
T4
Bank Statements
lease
Pay Stubs

We are planning to send our response soon. Also how much approx time CIC would take to make the decision once we have send over the requested document?
Did you send an option C from CRA?

kettle

Mar 19, 2015
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga (London)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
15.05.2015 in hand 29.05.2015
LANDED..........
am I the only one who feels Mariac819's application was a bit overkill?

I understand trying to prove your relationship, but can you imagine being a caseworker trying to review 500+ pages? I am not making excuses for CIC and them losing your proof of relationship twice is ridiculous, but I can easily see how 500+ pages (and however many envelopes) would be separated from the application.

I am very glad to see DM on this application, but honestly I think sometimes less is more.

(sorry, I am not trying to offend, and I am not blaming Mariac819 for this.)

fabibeach

Star Member
Dec 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-20-2014
Doc's Request.
02-20-2015
AOR Received.
none; SA Received on: 12-15-2014; AOR2: 02-20-2015
File Transfer...
12-15-2014
Med's Done....
08-12-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Issued: 07-02-2015 DM: 07-07-2015 COPR received: 07-09-2015
LANDED..........
08-15-2015
kettle said:

I understand trying to prove your relationship, but can you imagine being a caseworker trying to review 500+ pages? I am not making excuses for CIC and them losing your proof of relationship twice is ridiculous, but I can easily see how 500+ pages (and however many envelopes) would be separated from the application.

I am very glad to see DM on this application, but honestly I think sometimes less is more.

I also sent a lot of evidence that me and my husband had from 6 years of relationship living together in both countries, first in Canada and then in Mexico. Lots of emails, lots of pictures, lots of printed texts, chats, money transfers, rentals, payment stubs, etc.
I also separated everything in different envelopes and sent it......THEN someone in another thread commented on how easy it was to get some envelopes lost or how easy could end being separated from the original application when you send them this way......and I panicked!!!
Thank God it didn´t happen to us too, but I understand it could make easier for documents to get mixed or lost.
BUT there´s absolutely no reason or excuse why this should happen, specially due to the importance of these documents, most of us are required to send ORIGINALS of everything, those are documents you can not easily replace so CIC MUST be extremely careful and am just glad someone was able to prove that CIC also makes mistakes and sometimes they are just too careless....I hope this does not happen again as no one deserves to be asked again and again for documentation they have already submitted.....Toronto Star should have asked CIC what steps they are taking in order for this not to happen again.
Here is hoping this doesn´t happen again in this or any other visa office.

Cazzy_08

Star Member
Feb 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 2014
Doc's Request.
13th may 2015 (never got the memo) 8th July 2015
AOR Received.
18th September 2014
File Transfer...
Approved as a sponsor 5th November 2014
Med's Done....
Upfront in July
kettle said:

Don't think it's overkill, cic don't make it clear on how much evidence is required, so it depends on how you take the application. I am not married so I don't have any marriage cents/pics, however we have been together nearly 8'years and are engaged, and live together so we sent in pictures, all travel confirmation of our holidays together, wedding invites, engagement cards, proof that we reside together. i hope it's enough haha!

Mariac819

Feb 29, 2012
New York USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept. 10, 2014
Doc's Request.
May 06, 2015 - they lost my relationship proof and FBI clearance. They will accept copy of FBI, I sent in more relationship proof.
AOR Received.
Oct. 23, 2014 (By Phone)
File Transfer...
Oct. 28, 2014 (SA)
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
July 25, 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
July 12, 2015
kettle said:

You don't think I spent nights awake crying blaming myself for this? You don't think I felt like this was all my fault for sending in so much? Your comment is just rude even if you didn't mean it to be rude. You have no idea how much I have suffered since May 6th. But whatever dude.

If CIC would say they want a limit of 100 pages then it would have been easy. Some of us are over planners and over preparers. I felt at that time if I sent in everything I had that I would be better off.

I included MULTIPLE tables of contents. Everything was labeled and indexed. It was more organized than anything I had ever done in my life.

IF I WAS A CASE WORKER I would have been happy to see such organization. All I would have had to do was look at the table of contents for what I needed.

It was only 7 envelopes and EVERYTHING was labeled and everything was together rubberbanded in one box. So you know what, they are getting paid to do a job. There is NO excuse for losing papers.

They have lost peoples' apps that are a lot smaller than mine.

So lets blame the victim... Its so much easier right?

Not to mention they also lost my FBI clearance and marriage certificate which were with all the PA forms. So what was the excuse for that? 10 pages was too much for them to handle?... I should have just send in 5 pages and told them to approve me because I didn't want to burden them with too much. lol

Mariac819

Feb 29, 2012
New York USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept. 10, 2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Oct. 23, 2014 (By Phone)
File Transfer...
Oct. 28, 2014 (SA)
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
July 25, 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
July 12, 2015
redrose19 said:
Thanks Maria,

How much time CIC take for DM once we send the requested document? any experiences
There is no rhyme or reason to CIC's decisions. Some people see DM right away after Doc request. Some are still waiting like Leah. It really is hit or miss. I wish you the best!!

saria1

May 22, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 28, 2014
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
January 16, 2015
File Transfer...
January 23, 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
October 27, 2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
None
VISA ISSUED...
June 17, 2015
LANDED..........
June 30, 2015
kettle said:

It is offensive and rude. Not only that, you have the biggest hairiest balls on the planet to even post it in the Sept thread, where, you know she's going to read it. Go do a little man'scaping and put yourself in check!

lleahdoll

Nov 12, 2012
USA
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
Sep 9th, 2014
Doc's Request.
May 5th, 2015 (CSQ requested)
AOR Received.
Oct 14th, 2014
File Transfer...
Nov 14th, 2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
July 29th, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM: Aug 1st, 2015 COPR: Aug 6th, 2015
LANDED..........
Sep 1st, 2015
Mariac819 said:
There is no rhyme or reason to CIC's decisions. Some people see DM right away after Doc request. Some are still waiting like Leah. It really is hit or miss. I wish you the best!!
Exactly. I sent in my doc request the same day they requested it. They received it the next day, May 6th, and I'm still in limbo just waiting.

lleahdoll

Nov 12, 2012
USA
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
Sep 9th, 2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Oct 14th, 2014
File Transfer...
Nov 14th, 2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
July 29th, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Sep 1st, 2015
kettle said:

Am I the only one who feels it was inappropriate and uncalled for for you to post this? This isn't constructive at all and you're just making her feel bad when, like you said, she has DM already.

And like Maria mentioned, they also lost her FBI check and marriage certificate which were in different folders as her 523 pages of proof. So, who do you blame for those loses?

kettle

Mar 19, 2015
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga (London)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
15.05.2015 in hand 29.05.2015
LANDED..........
I'm sorry you took it as blaming you. I wasn't. I was hoping to start a dialogue so that other people reading this thread and this forum could potentially benefit from it.

I don't see where I was absolving CIC from the blame of losing your application. I actually said the opposite if you choose to go back and read what I wrote instead of getting stuck on the mindset that I am blaming you. Instead of lashing out at a stranger online who wasn't at all cruel or rude to you maybe take your frustrations out elsewhere?

I know they lost your FBI clearance, which again is ridiculous (as I originally said)

Contrary to opinion I was actually quite concerned for Mariac819 and her application and quite likely breathed the same breath of relief when CIC agreed to accept a copy of her FBI clearance.

CIC messed up here, not Mariac819. That is clear.

Again, congratulations.

Mariac819 said:
You don't think I spent nights awake crying blaming myself for this? You don't think I felt like this was all my fault for sending in so much? Your comment is just rude even if you didn't mean it to be rude. You have no idea how much I have suffered since May 6th. But whatever dude.

If CIC would say they want a limit of 100 pages then it would have been easy. Some of us are over planners and over preparers. I felt at that time if I sent in everything I had that I would be better off.

I included MULTIPLE tables of contents. Everything was labeled and indexed. It was more organized than anything I had ever done in my life.

IF I WAS A CASE WORKER I would have been happy to see such organization. All I would have had to do was look at the table of contents for what I needed.

It was only 7 envelopes and EVERYTHING was labeled and everything was together rubberbanded in one box. So you know what, they are getting paid to do a job. There is NO excuse for losing papers.

They have lost peoples' apps that are a lot smaller than mine.

So lets blame the victim... Its so much easier right?

Not to mention they also lost my FBI clearance and marriage certificate which were with all the PA forms. So what was the excuse for that? 10 pages was too much for them to handle?... I should have just send in 5 pages and told them to approve me because I didn't want to burden them with too much. lol

Evadyrrehs

Nov 4, 2013
Moncton NB Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 24/2014
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
Nov 13/2014
File Transfer...
SA Nov 13/2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
July 22/2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
None
VISA ISSUED...
DM June 2/2015 and COPR arrived June 10/2015
LANDED..........
June 15/2015 Yay! 8) PR card arrived Sept 3/2015
Well it's Friday night about 11:40pm in my part of the globe.. That means we are on our way to another Saturday and there will be status updates on ECAS once again sometime in the am.. Cazzy, Leah, Mulez, and all others here! Wishing and hoping for some extra good luck for everyone, and to be reading the great news of some DM's this coming Saturday morn 8)

lleahdoll

Nov 12, 2012
USA
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
Sep 9th, 2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Oct 14th, 2014
File Transfer...
Nov 14th, 2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
July 29th, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Sep 1st, 2015
Evadyrrehs said:
Well it's Friday night about 11:40pm in my part of the globe.. That means we are on our way to another Saturday and there will be status updates on ECAS once again sometime in the am.. Cazzy, Leah, Mulez, and all others here! Wishing and hoping for some extra good luck for everyone, and to be reading the great news of some DM's this coming Saturday morn 8)
This Tuesday/Saturday thing seems to be an actual trend. Has anyone actually received DM NOT on these days??? Haha

Mariac819

Feb 29, 2012
New York USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept. 10, 2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Oct. 23, 2014 (By Phone)
File Transfer...
Oct. 28, 2014 (SA)
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
July 25, 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
July 12, 2015
kettle said:
I'm sorry you took it as blaming you. I wasn't. I was hoping to start a dialogue so that other people reading this thread and this forum could potentially benefit from it.

I don't see where I was absolving CIC from the blame of losing your application. I actually said the opposite if you choose to go back and read what I wrote instead of getting stuck on the mindset that I am blaming you. Instead of lashing out at a stranger online who wasn't at all cruel or rude to you maybe take your frustrations out elsewhere?

I know they lost your FBI clearance, which again is ridiculous (as I originally said)

Contrary to opinion I was actually quite concerned for Mariac819 and her application and quite likely breathed the same breath of relief when CIC agreed to accept a copy of her FBI clearance.

CIC messed up here, not Mariac819. That is clear.

Again, congratulations.
I wasn't the only one who read it as rude. Maybe it was your wording. But we can't really get much out of words.

Thanks for the congrats!..

Evadyrrehs

Nov 4, 2013
Moncton NB Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 24/2014
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
Nov 13/2014
File Transfer...
SA Nov 13/2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
July 22/2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
None
VISA ISSUED...
DM June 2/2015 and COPR arrived June 10/2015
LANDED..........
June 15/2015 Yay! 8) PR card arrived Sept 3/2015
lleahdoll said:
This Tuesday/Saturday thing seems to be an actual trend. Has anyone actually received DM NOT on these days??? Haha
Some have but I've noticed for some weeks now that Ottawa updates the ECAS almost exclusively in the am on Tues and Sats, so it really does seem to be their trend lol.. Hope you guys and gals hear something today! 8)