+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2014 - CEC Applications

Tom32787

Nov 24, 2015
I am on this site all day and there is no update from any September 2014 applicants.
That is scary, Either we are at the end of the list or Snooze mode.

Kota1978

Jan 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney,Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-Sep-2014
AOR Received.
30-Jan-2015
Med's Request
24-Feb-2016
Med's Done....
07-Mar-2016
Interview........
RPRF email on Mar-03-2016, paid same day.
Passport Req..
14-Apr-2016
VISA ISSUED...
04-May-2016
LANDED..........
15-May-2016--Yipee!!!!
Hi Guys,

Finally we landed at CARWAY,AB on Sunday 15,May 2016

Just wanted to share my experience.

Total drive took around 3 hours from Calgary (one stop in between for Tim Horton Coffee). First US border would come , no wait.

Officer asked our purpose to come & asked standard 2-3 questions like do you have any weapons/alcohol ..answer : No
than he would be asking passport & COPR. After checking COPR he returned COPR & said park your vehicle & come inside building.
By the time we parked & went inside our administrative refusal letter in plain paper was ready ( No stamping in our passport).

Here I would like to mention attitude of US officer was quite friendly & they were not rude at all( I read lots of negative comments about US officers)

After taking administrative refusal letter & passport We took a u-turn & come to Canada border.

Here again Officer asked same standard question like do you have any weapons etc.

After checking our passport officer said come inside building.

Here we have to wait for another half an hours since there were 8-9 people were waiting before us. You have to give your work permit ( If you have all its good) but I misplaced 2 that's didn't create any problem) passports, COPR (both copy).

They didn't ask for proof of funds or photo.

Finally after half an hour wait our name called & officer asked to sign in COPR. After signing COPR officer took one copy of COPR & another gave it to ourself.

Officer told to go to service Canada for new SIN & Congratulate us for the PR & finally said "Welcome to Canada". We were on the way within 35 minutes...no issue at all..

I would like to say big Thank you to all the forum members for the tremendous support & advice I received during the whole frustrating PR process.

Best of luck to all those guys who are still waiting, patience is the key, hang in there, your time would come. Everyone would be getting PR finally, rejection at this stage (after 19 months) is quite impossible.

Last but not the least at one stage I was in second review & finally got PR within 18 months.

kadiemc82

Star Member
Dec 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-09-2014
Doc's Request.
NOA and T4 07-03-2016
AOR Received.
06-02-2015
Med's Request
UPFRONT 24-03-2016
Med's Done....
RPRF request 26-04-2016
Passport Req..
02-06-2016
LANDED..........
14-06-2016
Kota1978 said:
Hi Guys,

Total drive took around 3 hours from Calgary (one stop in between for Tim Horton Coffee). First US border would come , no wait.

Officer asked our purpose to come & asked standard 2-3 questions like do you have any weapons/alcohol ..answer : No
than he would be asking passport & COPR. After checking COPR he returned COPR & said park your vehicle & come inside building.
By the time we parked & went inside our administrative refusal letter in plain paper was ready ( No stamping in our passport).

Here I would like to mention attitude of US officer was quite friendly & they were not rude at all( I read lots of negative comments about US officers)

After taking administrative refusal letter & passport We took a u-turn & come to Canada border.

Here again Officer asked same standard question like do you have any weapons etc.

Here we have to wait for another half an hours since there were 8-9 people were waiting before us. You have to give your work permit ( If you have all its good) but I misplaced 2 that's didn't create any problem) passports, COPR (both copy).

Finally after half an hour wait our name called & officer asked to sign in COPR. After signing COPR officer took one copy of COPR & another gave it to ourself.

Officer told to go to service Canada for new SIN & Congratulate us for the PR & finally said "Welcome to Canada". We were on the way within 35 minutes...no issue at all..

I would like to say big Thank you to all the forum members for the tremendous support & advice I received during the whole frustrating PR process.

Best of luck to all those guys who are still waiting, patience is the key, hang in there, your time would come. Everyone would be getting PR finally, rejection at this stage (after 19 months) is quite impossible.

Last but not the least at one stage I was in second review & finally got PR within 18 months.
Congratulations and thank you for the encouragement for those of us who are still waiting. So US border security don't stamp your passport with rejection? So happy to hear this because I was worried that if they did, it would affect my chances of applying for US visa in the future.

davidiamyou

Jun 15, 2015
Hey guys, just received my notes. Under the MEDICAL section, I read:

Type: Medical
IME Status: Not Started
Reason for Closure: Received in eMed

Does that mean CIC has received my medical result?

I emailed a copy of my eMed result to CIC and an agent replied that the acknowledge the email receipt and had associated that with my file. However, ECAS is still not showing the status update. It's almost three weeks now.

canadababu

Star Member
May 23, 2015
TORONTO
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-09-2014
AOR Received.
02-02-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront 17-11-2015
Looks like not many PPR's this week.
Have a good long weekend guys. 8) 8)
Let's hope we all get PPR's next week.

Kota1978

Jan 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney,Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-Sep-2014
AOR Received.
30-Jan-2015
Med's Request
24-Feb-2016
Med's Done....
07-Mar-2016
Interview........
RPRF email on Mar-03-2016, paid same day.
Passport Req..
14-Apr-2016
VISA ISSUED...
04-May-2016
LANDED..........
15-May-2016--Yipee!!!!
kadiemc82 said:
Congratulations and thank you for the encouragement for those of us who are still waiting. So US border security don't stamp your passport with rejection? So happy to hear this because I was worried that if they did, it would affect my chances of applying for US visa in the future.
Yes US officer don't do anything on our passport.
The administrative refusal letter was in a plain paper. No stamp nothing.

Tarundhingraa

Star Member
Sep 26, 2015
Hello

My work permit is expiring on 30th may and i m yet to get the PPR

Can anyone tell me the process for extending the CLOSE work permit??Do we have to apply for BOWP through GCkey or some other process?

Also list of documents too?

and if someone has explanation letter also...I will be very thankful if you can send me the same

Thanks a lot

aryaban

Star Member
Dec 30, 2014
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-09-2014
Doc's Request.
16-02-2015
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
11-02-2015
IELTS Request
upfront on 08-04-2014
File Transfer...
29-10-2016
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
31-12-2014
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
10-03-2016
Hi. Planning to do my flagpoling ritual tomorrow. That being victoria day holiday,should there be any difficulty or holiday at the border? I'll doing in at the rainbow bridge.

Thanks in advance!

Kota1978 said:
Hi Guys,

roberto_hongo

Star Member
Aug 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-09-2014
AOR Received.
13-01-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront on 30-07-2015
Passport Req..
Visa Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2016
LANDED..........
23-05-2016
Sept 2 applicant here. Finally landed today at Aldergrove, BC!
Took a trip down to Seattle on Sunday with a few friends and did my landing today on the way back. We had a choice between Peace Arch, Pacific Crossing and Aldergrove, and chose to cross from the least crowded border as there was a long weekend rush at Peace Arch and Pacific Crossing. The landing process went exactly as noted by others in this forum, except that I was with four others with Canadian Citizenship in a rented car, and they were also asked to step out of the car and hand in their passports. Other than that, the entire process took about 20 minutes. They quickly inspected our car at the end, and handed over our passports and my copy of COPR along with a printed copy of the Information for PR. No questions about the available funds nor request for the new photo. The officer told me that my PR card will be mailed to my address within 8 to 10 weeks which is pretty much what the current PR card processing time is online. It was a bit anti-climactic but it is such a relief to finally be done with this entire process.
Thank you so much for all the help in this forum, and all the best for those waiting to hear from CIC!