+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2014 - CEC Applications

skyhighnow

Star Member
Feb 12, 2016
Hey all, I guess I am the only one who is left to get medical request. Oct 14 applicants- Its been a month today to provide them documents. I do not want to go for any upfront at this moment as just waiting. I am almost at the door of mental hospital, my mind is that freaked.

kidbroker

Feb 18, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
April 1st 2016
skyhighnow said:
Hey all, I guess I am the only one who is left to get medical request. Oct 14 applicants- Its been a month today to provide them documents. I do not want to go for any upfront at this moment as just waiting. I am almost at the door of mental hospital, my mind is that freaked.
Why don't you send an email to CIC and ask them about the latest status.
Have you applied for GCMS notes?

skyhighnow

Star Member
Feb 12, 2016
No I did not, attorney asked to wait for this month. I did call them but no specific answer at all. Who I can send an email to?? What if I have attorney ..?

AJMJ

Feb 11, 2015
RamRod said:
Hello guys,

I have successfully completed my landing in Canada. I am now officially a Permanent Resident.

I know I have not posted much in this forum, but for those who are still waiting in various stages - if you have any questions, please let me know. I'll be happy to help out.
Congrats ! Can you please share your experience and questions/proofs/documents CIC officer asked? e.g. on proof of funds etc.

Bwalya

Oct 7, 2015
Hello Guys,

I need your help badly....I am 23 weeks pregnant and i thought i could do my medicals easily, But turns out most physicians in Ottawa wont do my x-rays until after i deliver. does anyone know of any physician in Ontario that can proceed with my X-ray? i need to get this done within the Month.

Thanks in advance

ccyg8774

Apr 19, 2016
Bwalya said:
Hello Guys,

I need your help badly....I am 23 weeks pregnant and i thought i could do my medicals easily, But turns out most physicians in Ottawa wont do my x-rays until after i deliver. does anyone know of any physician in Ontario that can proceed with my X-ray? i need to get this done within the Month.

Thanks in advance
They won't do your x-ray while you are pregnent for a REASON!

kateandphil

Apr 4, 2016
I have received an email from my lawyer (having submitted meds and final payment) saying that next CIC will request photocopies of our passport pages and submit them to a visa application centre where we will pick up our confirmation of permanent residency letter.
Applying from england. i'd assumed that we would be mailed this.

Im a little confused, however this method seems faster if I'm understanding it correctly (depending on how long it takes to get an appointment)

BlessedSherry

Aug 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/09/2014
Doc's Request.
17th March 16, docs sent 2nd April
AOR Received.
07/01/2015
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
Visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Copr 14.04.2016
LANDED..........
...Waiting
kateandphil said:
I have received an email from my lawyer (having submitted meds and final payment) saying that next CIC will request photocopies of our passport pages and submit them to a visa application centre where we will pick up our confirmation of permanent residency letter.

Im a little confused, however this method seems faster if I'm understanding it correctly (depending on how long it takes to get an appointment)
Sounds a little strange.
Which stream did you apply from? Canadian experience class?
I'm from England too.
I got an email asking to confirm my address and then the copr was mailed out to the address I provided...

Harsha5877

Star Member
Sep 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Some of you are still depending a lot on your lawyer/consultants advice to wait. Take control of your applications and ask for GCMC or go for upfront MR/RRPF fee payment as warranted. Most of us who got PR have done stuff upfront.

Its your application. Don't wait unless you are ready to go thru the waiting game.

Cheers and all the best!!!

kadiemc82

Star Member
Dec 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-09-2014
Doc's Request.
NOA and T4 07-03-2016
AOR Received.
06-02-2015
Med's Request
UPFRONT 24-03-2016
Med's Done....
RPRF request 26-04-2016
Passport Req..
02-06-2016
LANDED..........
14-06-2016
I just called CIC to get an update on my file. The agent told me that a decision is due on my file the latest Aug 29. She also told me that my eligibility has not been passed yet and that they are reviewing the additional information they requested T4 and NOA. She claims those documents will be reviewed before eligibility can be passed. I sent those additional documents more than a month ago. I feel so hopeless. It seems everyone is getting some update on their file and I have to wait all the way until August 29. The agent also mentioned that security is being processed. I'm Sept 29 applicant.

vurtuwant

Mar 17, 2016
kadiemc82 said:
I just called CIC to get an update on my file. The agent told me that a decision is due on my file the latest Aug 29. She also told me that my eligibility has not been passed yet and that they are reviewing the additional information they requested T4 and NOA. She claims those documents will be reviewed before eligibility can be passed. I sent those additional documents more than a month ago. I feel so hopeless. It seems everyone is getting some update on their file and I have to wait all the way until August 29. The agent also mentioned that security is being processed. I'm Sept 29 applicant.
I'm in the same boat, Sept 9th and no updates since I sent additional documents over a month ago -- it seems random at this point who gets processed and when as they aren't going by date order. I got the same line as you, that no decision was made yet and they were still reviewing the documents. It seems like sending additional docs resets the clock somehow and means a longer wait.

Kota1978

Jan 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney,Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-Sep-2014
AOR Received.
30-Jan-2015
Med's Request
24-Feb-2016
Med's Done....
07-Mar-2016
Interview........
RPRF email on Mar-03-2016, paid same day.
Passport Req..
14-Apr-2016
VISA ISSUED...
04-May-2016
LANDED..........
15-May-2016--Yipee!!!!
kateandphil said:

In my Ready for Visa email these things are mentioned, hope it would help

=========================================

STEP 2: DETERMINE IF YOU NEED TO SUBMIT YOUR PASSPORT(S)

· Determine whether you require a visa to enter Canada at www.cic.gc.ca/ENGLISH/visit/visas.asp.

· If you require a visa to enter Canada:

You will need to submit the passport for you and for each accompanying family member. Your passport(s) must be valid for at least 6 months and have at least two blank pages. If a child is included on your passport, you must have one blank page per accompanying child.

Please note that if you are holder(s) of passport(s) from countries which require visa to enter Canada AND permanent resident(s) of the U.S.A. OR currently in Canada with valid temporary residence visa(s), you are still required to submit your passport(s).

· If you do not require a visa to enter Canada:

You will need to submit one photocopy of the photo page and any pages containing amendments of the passport for you and one for each accompanying family member. Please do not send your passport(s). Your passport(s) must be valid for at least 6 months.

Please note that Confirmation of Permanent Residence documents and permanent residence visas cannot be issued to holders of Diplomatic, Official or Military passports. You must have an ordinary passport.

RamRod

Jun 10, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9/18/2014
Doc's Request.
Done with Application
AOR Received.
1/30/2015
IELTS Request
Done with Application
Med's Request
3/1/2016
Med's Done....
3/4/2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
3/22/2016
VISA ISSUED...
4/6/2016
LANDED..........
4/16/2016
AJMJ said:
Congrats ! Can you please share your experience and questions/proofs/documents CIC officer asked? e.g. on proof of funds etc.
Okay here goes…my experience. I took a bus to Niagara Falls for my re-entry into Canada. I walked over to the Rainbow Bridge (weather was really nice, and I bought an ice cream) and crossed the bridge. You need 50 cents to cross (else you’re in trouble). So make sure you have at least two quarters.

Once I walked over to the other side (took about 10 mins), I was called in by the US immigration officer. It was around 10 AM on a Saturday and I was surprisingly all alone. No lineup/queue. The office just asked for my nationality, passport and I told him that I am not here for entering USA but flag polling back to Canada. He gave me a piece of paper - this is the administrative refusal form stating that I am not authorized to enter USA. All he asked me was, if am I doing this for PR or for Work Permit. Strange question, but I answered PR and he gave me the form.

I took this form and walked back to the Canadian border. There are two stops here. The first stop is where the CBSA officer gave me a yellow slip for the purposes of landing in Canada. I took this and went to a nearby building where the actual immigration is done.

As soon as I went in, I was called in right away by a grim faced CBSA officer (again no queue - I was lucky). The officer took my passport, the yellow slip and asked me to wait. I waited for about 15 minutes and then I was called again - this time by another officer.

He asked me the following:
1. How long I was living in Canada - I answered to the exact year, month and day. (He smiled, they usually don’t)
2. What is the immigration document that legalizes my stay in Canada - I said my work permit. He wanted to take a look, so I gave it to him
3. He asked about my work - I am an IT professional. (And promised him that I won’t hack into CBSA - again he smiled)
4. He asked about my marital status - This time I wasn't cocky and I gave a straight answer
5. If I plan to move from my current address in the next 3 months - NO
6. If I was still with the same company mentioned in my WP - I said YES.
7. And some strange questions - Am I armed? Do I have anything to declare? (All I had was my files, wallet and my jacket) Will I be brining anything from USA? Do I have any electronic goods? (Only my mobile phone) All answers were NO.
8. If I had any other immigration documents with me? I said I had my COPR and the administrative refusal form from USA border. He said that’s all he needed.
9. He asked me to sign my COPR form in front of him. Asked me to check all the details there before signing and date it as well which I did.
10. He asked about my proof of residence. I had my ID card so I handed it over to him.

FYI: He didn't ask for my proof of funds as I already had a job. I did take my bank statements and my employment letter just in case.

After all this, he looked me straight in the eye with a gaze so cold and tore up my work permit with a grin on his face (my heart skipped a beat) and he congratulated me on becoming a permanent resident of Canada. After being dramatic, he read my rights. When I asked about the theatrics he pulled with tearing my WP, he smiled and said I was a funny guy (believe me I am not) and that I didn't need it anymore.

After that he asked if I had any questions for him. I answered NO. That’s it. He said I was free to leave this building as a resident. The whole thing (from crossing the bridge to the end) took about one hour. All the officers were very friendly and helpful and again, I was lucky because there was no queue and hardly anyone waiting for their turn.