+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2014 - CEC Applications

MubinSultan

Star Member
Apr 22, 2015
vark said:
Hi,
This is the question i posted online.

Hi,I Have applied for Permanent Residency under the old CEC 2014 category which was accepted by CIC on Oct1st 2014., I have not received any communication apart from the Receipt of Acknowledgement. Kindly please let us know on why the process for 2014 CEC PR applications has slowed down drastically and when will it be processed.? It is affecting a lot of applicants life including myself.Thanks,Varun

and the ANSWER was,
Links to information on the steps after an applicant has sent an immigration application is accessible from the “Help Centre” section of the Citizenship and Immigration Canada website at the following URL:

What happens after I send in my application?
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=022&t=4

Links to information related to the status of immigration or citizenship applications are accessible from the above-mentioned website at the following URL:

Application status
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/results-by-topic.asp?t=3

Please contact Citizenship and Immigration Canada to obtain additional information. Links to contact information for the Department are accessible from the "Contact information" section of the above-mentioned website at the following URL:

Contact us
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/index.asp

Such a waste of time asking them.. :-[ :-X
:eek: what the heck , we already know that

MubinSultan

Star Member
Apr 22, 2015
vark said:
Hi,
This is the question i posted online.

Hi,I Have applied for Permanent Residency under the old CEC 2014 category which was accepted by CIC on Oct1st 2014., I have not received any communication apart from the Receipt of Acknowledgement. Kindly please let us know on why the process for 2014 CEC PR applications has slowed down drastically and when will it be processed.? It is affecting a lot of applicants life including myself.Thanks,Varun

and the ANSWER was,
Links to information on the steps after an applicant has sent an immigration application is accessible from the “Help Centre” section of the Citizenship and Immigration Canada website at the following URL:

What happens after I send in my application?
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=022&t=4

Links to information related to the status of immigration or citizenship applications are accessible from the above-mentioned website at the following URL:

Application status
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/results-by-topic.asp?t=3

Please contact Citizenship and Immigration Canada to obtain additional information. Links to contact information for the Department are accessible from the "Contact information" section of the above-mentioned website at the following URL:

Contact us
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/index.asp

Such a waste of time asking them.. :-[ :-X
:eek: what the heck , we already know that

sahatamojit

Jul 21, 2014
Mississauga,Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2014
AOR Received.
21-01-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Med's Done....
17-04-2015
Passport Req..
16-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
06-04-2016
LANDED..........
09-04-2016
Just had a discussion with CIC agent and he mentioned that the file should be process on or before March 8th . My application received on Sep 8th.

I guess couple of August applicants also got same type of response. They are very much aware of the delay on CEC applications and they started working on the same.

yixiaop26

Jul 22, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sahatamojit said:
Just had a discussion with CIC agent and he mentioned that the file should be process on or before March 8th . My application received on Sep 8th.

I guess couple of August applicants also got same type of response. They are very much aware of the delay on CEC applications and they started working on the same.

How do you ask them ? why when I call them, every time, they just tell me you can only waiting, ask How long I will need wait, the answer is always "don't know " .

sahatamojit

Jul 21, 2014
Mississauga,Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2014
AOR Received.
21-01-2015
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
17-04-2015
Passport Req..
16-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
06-04-2016
LANDED..........
09-04-2016
yixiaop26 said:
How do you ask them ? why when I call them, every time, they just tell me you can only waiting, ask How long I will need wait, the answer is always "don't know " .
May be I was lucky :). the agent was helpful.

yixiaop26

Jul 22, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sahatamojit said:

it is calculated based on +18 months .

sahatamojit

Jul 21, 2014
Mississauga,Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2014
AOR Received.
21-01-2015
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
17-04-2015
Passport Req..
16-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
06-04-2016
LANDED..........
09-04-2016
yixiaop26 said:
it is calculated based on +18 months .
or 14 months from AOR.

Kiranmayi

Jul 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-09-2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
02-02-2015
IELTS Request
Send with Application
Med's Done....
15-12-2015 (upfront)
Passport Req..
29-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-03-2016
LANDED..........
16-03-2016
AK84 said:
Let more worry about BOWP : new rule
if your BOWP is expiring next month and you did not pass eligibility but still hold a full time job and AOR, according to the new rules, they don't freaking care about your and just refuse your BOWP because of your Eligibilty still not passed.

Then you should quit your job right away and start applying for restoration.
You know what please stop spam messages in all threads. We all understand our concerns and near future problems but so many of us called CIC call center and agents were clearly mentioned that AOR is enough to apply BOWP however need to wait few more days to see what is real or not.

adaytoremember

Sep 18, 2014
Kiranmayi said:
You know what please stop spam messages in all threads. We all understand our concerns and near future problems but so many of us called CIC call center and agents were clearly mentioned that AOR is enough to apply BOWP however need to wait few more days to see what is real or not.
Agreed.

pegasus90

Oct 22, 2014
sahatamojit said:

I called the CIC agent too and got a different respond. She basically told me that I have to wait for 4 more months in order for them (CIC) to make a note to CPC-Sydney to push the process.

My application was received on Sep 29 and she told me that there is nothing she can do until March 29 and will not make any note to CPC-Sydney.

shdmfgus

Aug 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept-25-2014
AOR Received.
Feb-05-2015
Med's Request
Mar-03-2016
Passport Req..
Visa Exempt Country
VISA ISSUED...
Apr-06-2016
Hi Guys,

I just got my GCMS note today, basically not eligibility process has started, criminality is in process...

It's been 15 months since we applied... no communication with CIC since AOR... are they seriously working... Do they even know how to send email or type...

Kota1978

Jan 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney,Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-Sep-2014
AOR Received.
30-Jan-2015
Med's Request
24-Feb-2016
Med's Done....
07-Mar-2016
Interview........
RPRF email on Mar-03-2016, paid same day.
Passport Req..
14-Apr-2016
VISA ISSUED...
04-May-2016
LANDED..........
15-May-2016--Yipee!!!!
Today another guy BOWP rejected....now tension is rising day by day...

Tru3N0rth

Nov 19, 2015
Same situation that many others: I called CIC, someone picked the called; I said I applied for CEC in 2014 and given that it has been more than 14 months I decided to call as the website suggests because maybe something is wrong with my application. The person in the other side did not ask my application number, and immediately replied that there is a delay with those applications. Then I asked when I should expect to hear anything about my process. He replied that at any time between today to March. I just said thanks, and he replied thanks for your understanding/patient (or so, I do not remember very well...).