09-03-2016
Med's Done....
02-03-2016
Passport Req..
15-03-2016
LANDED..........
10-05-2016
mesumrizvi said:
The scenario does seem highly unlikely.. however, i have a friend who applied for EE on 5th August 2015 and got his PPR first week of October. Took him overall less than 2.5 months from applying till he completed landing... and i thought that was quite fast lol
Not it is not unlikely. I've been following EE timelines for a while. It seems some lucky dudes are getting DM in less than a month from AOR/application submission.

yixiaop26

Jul 22, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zareef said:
Not it is not unlikely. I've been following EE timelines for a while. It seems some lucky dudes are getting DM in less than a month from AOR/application submission.

Now I really worry CIC's decision is : if you have enough points, you should already applied EE, so they needn't handle old CEC.

if you don't apply EE, means you are lower point , so the old CEC is your last chance, it is already the biggest mercy of CIC who didn't cut off it now. so even waiting for 2-3 years, you are still lucky, at least they are accepted as a case in CIC.

Damn thing is , I can't afford the nightmare in which re preparing all these docs again . I have to explain to my boss and friend what I am doing. all of them will think I must lie something (e.g have problem with old CEC. )

if CIC can announce deny all old CEC, my life would be much easier.

MubinSultan

Star Member
Apr 22, 2015
yixiaop26 said:
Now I really worry CIC's decision is : if you have enough points, you should already applied EE, so they needn't handle old CEC.

if you don't apply EE, means you are lower point , so the old CEC is your last chance, it is already the biggest mercy of CIC who didn't cut off it now. so even waiting for 2-3 years, you are still lucky, at least they are accepted as a case in CIC.

Damn thing is , I can't afford the nightmare in which re preparing all these docs again . I have to explain to my boss and friend what I am doing. all of them will think I must lie something (e.g have problem with old CEC. )

if CIC can announce deny all old CEC, my life would be much easier.

I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU EITHER PROCESS IT OR JUST LET US KNOW EVEN AFTER 16 MONTHS ! ! I ALREADY SAID THIS IN MY OWN THREAD WAY BACK http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/when-they-will-start-processing-t360801.0.html

GUYS,

PLEASE DICIDE SOMETHING NOW

tc23

Jul 9, 2015
zareef said:
Yes, i basically re-did my entire application and entered the information into the online system.

I just received my CoPR document in the mail today and it was dated Oct 30, 2015 so it did take 30 days from my AOR to this. Was really surprised it was process this quickly. Though, if you looked at the Oct EE group, there were quite few others whose applications took less than 30 days.

ABS_1382

May 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2014
Doc's Request.
All docs sent with the file...
AOR Received.
18-02-2015
Med's Done....
08-03-2016 (Upfront - Med and RPRF)
Passport Req..
14-04-2016, Passport Sent: 18-04-2016, Received Back: 04-05-2016
This makes me believe that thinks like security, background check and all other excuses for the old CEC applications is a just a way to justify the time they take...
If CIC can process all the checks in 30 days for EE applicants then why would it take months and months for old applications.....Its just a matter of prioritization...I hope the new minister today notices this and gives a directive to clear all the old applications ASAP....

Marlee

Jan 16, 2014
Montréal, Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
CSQ: BIQ New York; QSW: CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CSQ: 14-01-2014, QSW: 08-12-2014
Doc's Request.
13-11-2015
Nomination.....
DM: 07-01-2016, CSQ: 15-10-2014
AOR Received.
CSQ: 14-05-2014, QSW: 26-03-2015
IELTS Request
IELTS 8.5 - TEFÀQ C1/C1
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waiver
Passport Req..
Visa-exempt
VISA ISSUED...
COPR received 14-01-2016
LANDED..........
17-01-2016
http://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/can-trudeau-settle-25-000-refugees-by-end-of-2015-1.2630521

Even if CIC lets every single employee work on refugee applications, I hardly think they will be able to finalize 25k applications within 2 months. According to Trudeau, this is what they will be aiming for though. That ultimately means that all other applications will be put on hold. Pre-EE as well as EE and Family Class applications. I am shattered but I honestly don't expect to see any progress here anytime soon. :'(

BlessedSherry

Aug 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/09/2014
Doc's Request.
17th March 16, docs sent 2nd April
AOR Received.
07/01/2015
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
Visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Copr 14.04.2016
LANDED..........
...Waiting
ABS_1382 said:
This makes me believe that thinks like security, background check and all other excuses for the old CEC applications is a just a way to justify the time they take...
If CIC can process all the checks in 30 days for EE applicants then why would it take months and months for old applications.....Its just a matter of prioritization...I hope the new minister today notices this and gives a directive to clear all the old applications ASAP....
Yup, just doens't make sense, how they can process application in 30 days, but ours is taking over a year???
I considered doing EE, but just the thought of going to sit Ielts again, spending money on a police certificate and medical just doesnt make sense for me.
The exchange rate for canadian dollars is really good at the moment, and I will continue working, and saving money, so I will be in a good position financially when my app is finally approved.

Harsha5877

Star Member
Sep 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

I have decided that I will go with EE. Just got to know yesterday that spouse of principal applicants are not eligible for BOWP. In my case, this is not a situation I want to be.

CIC has played a terrible joke when me and my wife have good jobs, skilled and highly qualified (kind of candidates they are after). I still have 8 months of work permit and do not want to take any chances.

Regards.

zareef

Dec 27, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014
Doc's Request.
23-02-2016
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
IELTS Request
CELPIP sent with app
Med's Request
09-03-2016
Med's Done....
02-03-2016
Passport Req..
15-03-2016
LANDED..........
10-05-2016
Reach out to the new immigration minister:

https://www(dot)facebook(dot)com/McCallumj1
John @ ElectMcCallum(dot)ca
https://twitter(dot)com/@johnmccallumlpc

NPrabhu

Oct 15, 2014
Harsha5877 said:
Hi All,

I have decided that I will go with EE. Just got to know yesterday that spouse of principal applicants are not eligible for BOWP. In my case, this is not a situation I want to be.

CIC has played a terrible joke when me and my wife have good jobs, skilled and highly qualified (kind of candidates they are after). I still have 8 months of work permit and do not want to take any chances.

Regards.
Is that a new policy that spouse of principal applicants are not issued BOWP? I applied in May 2015; and received BOWP for me and my spouse in Sep. I don't think there is any such clause.

Regards

Harsha5877

Star Member
Sep 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
NPrabhu said:
Is that a new policy that spouse of principal applicants are not issued BOWP? I applied in May 2015; and received BOWP for me and my spouse in Sep. I don't think there is any such clause.

Regards
This is what the CIC webpage says (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/work/prov/bridging.asp)

The following foreign nationals do not qualify for a bridging work permit:

foreign nationals in Canada under section 186 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR) (work permit exempt);
foreign nationals who have let their status expire and must apply for restoration in order to return to temporary resident status;
foreign nationals whose work permits are valid for longer than four months or who already have a new LMIA that can be used as the basis for a new work permit application;
foreign nationals applying for a bridging work permit at the port of entry;
spouse and dependants of the principal permanent resident applicant;
provincial nominees who have not submitted a copy of their nomination letter with the application for a bridging work permit, or whose nomination letter specifically indicates employment restrictions.

If this is a new policy, I have rotten luck since this is the second time. When I converted my study permit to PGWP, they changed the policy that the PGWP holder must have NOC 0, A or B category jobs for the spouse to get open work permit.

Regards,
Harsha

Harsha5877

Star Member
Sep 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Disregard the above information. I should have read the information properly. When I scroll down in the same page, this is what I found.

Spouse or common‑law partner and dependants
Certain conditions must be met by the holder of a bridging work permit in order for their spouse or common‑law partner to also be eligible for an open work permit under subparagraph 205(c)(ii) as a spouse or common‑law partner of a skilled worker (see International Mobility Program: Public policy, competitiveness and economy).

In all cases, the bridging work permit must be valid for longer than six months.

>>>>>>>For spouses or common-law partners of CEC applicants, there are no set preconditions to be met by the principal CEC applicant.

CIC is driving me crazy :-\

CEC2013RAY

Jul 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2014
Doc's Request.
24-03-2015
AOR Received.
02-03-2015
Passport Req..
01-03-2016
Harsha5877 said:
Disregard the above information. I should have read the information properly. When I scroll down in the same page, this is what I found.

Spouse or common‑law partner and dependants
Certain conditions must be met by the holder of a bridging work permit in order for their spouse or common‑law partner to also be eligible for an open work permit under subparagraph 205(c)(ii) as a spouse or common‑law partner of a skilled worker (see International Mobility Program: Public policy, competitiveness and economy).

In all cases, the bridging work permit must be valid for longer than six months.

>>>>>>>For spouses or common-law partners of CEC applicants, there are no set preconditions to be met by the principal CEC applicant.

CIC is driving me crazy :-\
Just to be clear, BOWP is only for principle permanent resident applicant. For spouse, it is called OWP (open work permit).

kesavan1234

Feb 11, 2015
CEC2013RAY said:
Just to be clear, BOWP is only for principle permanent resident applicant. For spouse, it is called OWP (open work permit).
Guys new ministers twitter link is below, please do raise our concern

John McCallum - Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship

Social media: (@JohnMcCallumLPC / Facebook)

tc23

Jul 9, 2015
Overall, I had to pay the application fees - $550 again, did not have to take another language test as the Celpip results were valid for two years, did one medical upfront (for EE), and pay for the RFPR upfront. It was a hassle to gather and re submit all the documents, but I think it's still worth it given how much quicker EE apps are processed. (Till today, my Sept CEC Ecas does not indicate any progress since Feb 2015 and no MR yet.) I was already on a bridging work permit after a 3yr PGWP so I opted the EE route to get the PR sooner.

Was reminded by the CIC office today, that in the event if you do have two concurrent applications and one of them is confirmed/finalised, you'd need to inform CIC to withdraw the other application.

Just my two cents here as I understand that everyone's case is different. Thanks to all the members who've helped me! :)