09-03-2015
Med's Done....
11-03-2015
Passport Req..
02-06-2015
LANDED..........
04-07-2015
Hey Sava,

Just fyi ...one of my friend received his MR a week ago. He is a Sep applicant.

Could see that sometimes applications are processed randomly or as if its picked up from a lot.

Just what i personally feel.

mayanyunxiao

Star Member
Nov 13, 2014
clark kent said:
Hey Sava,

Just fyi ...one of my friend received his MR a week ago. He is a Sep applicant.

Could see that sometimes applications are processed randomly or as if its picked up from a lot.

Just what i personally feel.
Did he belong to CEC?
Did he do a upfront medical check?
Could you please share his timeline here?

clark kent

Aug 27, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-07-2014
AOR Received.
04-09-2014
Med's Request
09-03-2015
Med's Done....
11-03-2015
Passport Req..
02-06-2015
LANDED..........
04-07-2015
Hey Sava,

Don't have lot of details but yes he is a CEC Applicant and he did get MR Request.

Sorry he's not in the forum. Just spoke to him today and he mentioned.

As I mentioned earlier I don't understand how CIC works. :-X

permanent_res1

Star Member
May 2, 2015
Hi Guys, need one suggestion quickly. I am on closed WP. currently PR is in process (applied last year received AOR). My current employer in Canada has immigration consultant who takes care of filing work permit application/extension. My current employer is filing my bridge permit as well from the same consultant. Any suggestion or comments on same employer filing the bridge permit with current employer details in Form IMM5710? Can I see and track the bridge application details on MyCIC (i have MyCIC login details) after they file the bridge permit? ::)

Amisnic

Champion Member
Mar 28, 2014
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
NOC 2133
App. Filed.......
30-04-2014
AOR Received.
22-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
02-06-2015
The consultant will set it up so the application shows on his/hers account.
You can get the Application Number from them and link it to yours.

permanent_res1 said:
Hi Guys, need one suggestion quickly. I am on closed WP. currently PR is in process (applied last year received AOR). My current employer in Canada has immigration consultant who takes care of filing work permit application/extension. My current employer is filing my bridge permit as well from the same consultant. Any suggestion or comments on same employer filing the bridge permit with current employer details in Form IMM5710? Can I see and track the bridge application details on MyCIC (i have MyCIC login details) after they file the bridge permit? ::)

permanent_res1

Star Member
May 2, 2015
Thanks Amisnic. while linking the application what should go in expected start date and expected end date (i am asked to enter set of information while linking application, i have entered the remaining fields) will it be the Question 5 "Duration of expected employment" metioned in section "Details of intended work in canada" in IMM5710 form used during online submission?

i have online submission confirmation with application number but do we need to wait for few days before linking the application in MyCIC or can it be linked immediately after receiving the online application number?

caththisking

Nov 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2015
AOR Received.
23-04-2015
Med's Done....
20-04-2015
Passport Req..
18-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-09-2015
LANDED..........
Planning in DEC 2015
Does request for PCC mean eligibility passed??

sahatamojit

Jul 21, 2014
Mississauga,Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2014
AOR Received.
21-01-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Med's Done....
17-04-2015
Passport Req..
16-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
06-04-2016
LANDED..........
09-04-2016
caththisking said:
Does request for PCC mean eligibility passed??
No..PCC is just a mandatory document

msaleem

May 6, 2015
Hi,

I have already applied for my and my wife's PR in September and we are still waiting on our MR.

It seems that the whole process may take up some time therefore i am thinking of applying for my wife's open work permit. I am currently holding a PGWP and my wife is residing in Pakistan.

Wanted to know, if thats a good idea (that is applying for her OPW now)? will it complicate the PR process further?

Would appreciate your advice

nhixon

Star Member
Dec 4, 2014
msaleem said:
Hi,

I have already applied for my and my wife's PR in September and we are still waiting on our MR.

It seems that the whole process may take up some time therefore i am thinking of applying for my wife's open work permit. I am currently holding a PGWP and my wife is residing in Pakistan.

Wanted to know, if thats a good idea (that is applying for her OPW now)? will it complicate the PR process further?

Would appreciate your advice
Hi,

Well if your application has reached CIC in September, then as per the current flow expecting MR before end of July would be optimistic.

Applying for wife's OWP when her PR is in progress ? I don't think you can do that. Seniors on the forum kindly advise as I ain't too sure about this.

hiru85

May 11, 2015
Hi, all

I got a question if anybody can guide. let me start with my timeline.

Applied Under CEC : Sep 19, 2014.
CC Charged : Dec 03, 2014.
File Number Received : Feb 02, 2015.
Medical request : awaited.

Now, got married on Mar 30th 2015. I am willing to add my spouse on my PR file Under CEC and dont wanna take chance with CIC regarding status update. But the problem is she is in India and not having passport at the moment. She got appoint On 19 May for passport screening. So she will be having it around let say 1stAug. And i doubt it wont be a good idea to wait till Aug to Update With CIC.

What can be done in this case?? As of i know no documents can be processed further for spouse addition without her passport. Nor i can apply For her PCC without passport. Plz correct if i am wrong.

Also after getting her new passport is it a good idea to apply for her work permit (dependent).OR is it better to go for Visitor Visa and head on to work permit application from inside Canada.

Also on spouse addition Processing of my file could be delayed for sure. Does any1 have idea how many months it could be..

Thanks.

msaleem

May 6, 2015
nhixon said:
Hi,

Well if your application has reached CIC in September, then as per the current flow expecting MR before end of July would be optimistic.

Applying for wife's OWP when her PR is in progress ? I don't think you can do that. Seniors on the forum kindly advise as I ain't too sure about this.
Oh, i wasnt aware of that.

Yep would appreciate if others could confirm that.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Mississauga86

Star Member
Nov 21, 2014
msaleem said:
Oh, i wasnt aware of that.

Yep would appreciate if others could confirm that.

Thanks a lot in advance.
I think your spouse can apply for OWP. My wife did the same and she got approved as well...

nhixon

Star Member
Dec 4, 2014
hiru85 said:
Hi, all

I got a question if anybody can guide. let me start with my timeline.

Applied Under CEC : Sep 19, 2014.
CC Charged : Dec 03, 2014.
File Number Received : Feb 02, 2015.
Medical request : awaited.

Now, got married on Mar 30th 2015. I am willing to add my spouse on my PR file Under CEC and dont wanna take chance with CIC regarding status update. But the problem is she is in India and not having passport at the moment. She got appoint On 19 May for passport screening. So she will be having it around let say 1stAug. And i doubt it wont be a good idea to wait till Aug to Update With CIC.

What can be done in this case?? As of i know no documents can be processed further for spouse addition without her passport. Nor i can apply For her PCC without passport. Plz correct if i am wrong.

Also after getting her new passport is it a good idea to apply for her work permit (dependent).OR is it better to go for Visitor Visa and head on to work permit application from inside Canada.

Also on spouse addition Processing of my file could be delayed for sure. Does any1 have idea how many months it could be..

Thanks.
Hi,

Did you inform CIC about the marital status yet ? If you haven't, it is advised to do it asap. CIC might come back asking you later why was it hidden from them for a good amount of time. The reasons above as passport not present wouldn't help. So step 1 : Inform CIC ASAP and let them know that she doesnt have a passport at the moment and will be receiving in as per the timelines you mentioned above.

Step 2 : You can add your spouse to your PR application until you land !!! - if in case a person gets married just some days before landing.
I would suggest - After informing CIC, wait for the passport, add her details in your application, get her PCC done and then you are good to go.

Step 3 : It is advisable to apply for her dependent VISA with an open work permit than a normal visitor VISA since there are high chances of it to get rejected.

Well your application process might get extended by a couple of months as I have observed in other posts.

Hope this helps.