10-05-2016
Passport Req..
Visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Coming soon
LANDED..........
ASAP when I got the COPR :")
Blackharmer said:
Hello all so after waiting for 2years my application got refused today.. Good luck to me.
Bye all
What?!?! Did they ask you to pay the RPRF?

HR8080

Star Member
Jan 29, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-09-2014
AOR Received.
06-02-2015
Med's Request
26-04-2016
Med's Done....
10-05-2016
Passport Req..
Visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Coming soon
LANDED..........
ASAP when I got the COPR :")
2016istheyear said:
i think they payed upfront
Why do you think it?

Septembre6

Jul 27, 2016
Blackharmer said:
Hello all so after waiting for 2years my application got refused today.. Good luck to me.
Bye all
Sorry to hear this. Do you mind tell us what is the reason CIC refuse your application?

cec_21

Star Member
Jul 27, 2016
kmougharbel said:
I got my passport request today. I have been a spectator on these forums but made a promise yesterday to post and update you guys incase I receive my passport request the next day. Lo' and behold, I received it this morning as I requested and now I owe you guys an elaboration.

I applied on September 24 2014, I wasn't able to work for 2 years as I was forced to stay here as a student after my post grad work permit of 3 years expired.

Anyways, please note that I had an assault charge and was granted a conditional discharge, and so even with some criminal some criminal history, which I satisfied the terms of and have since cleared from my record, I was able to attain my PR fluidly.

To conclude, don't worry folks. You'll get it soon. I contacted my MP a month ago to check on the status of my application but I don't believe this had any influence on CICs decision. I think it is time for you to get passport requests so don't stress.

Please remember that I have been in Canada since 2006 (that is 10 years in this country) and I haven't worked for the past 2 years due to my work permit expiring, and that I have had a criminal history issue I was dealing with. If you think your situation is tough then please consider mine and many people like myself facing tough, if not tougher situations are still getting their PRs. I stuck with it, and so can you. It took a toll in you psychologically being unemployed for so long and spending your life savings, and going into major debt; after a total of 10 years in canada with the two final gruesome years being unemployed I can say I DID IT thanks to my family and support of a few close friends.

I'm rambling here but I want you all to stay hopeful as you will get the passport request soon.

Love and peace to all. Stay hopeful and I'll meet you on the other side :)
Firstly, Congratulations! Secondly, thank you for the motivation and hopes. Enjoy your PR and good luck with your life..

Septembre6

Jul 27, 2016
kmougharbel said:
I got my passport request today. I have been a spectator on these forums but made a promise yesterday to post and update you guys incase I receive my passport request the next day. Lo' and behold, I received it this morning as I requested and now I owe you guys an elaboration.

I applied on September 24 2014, I wasn't able to work for 2 years as I was forced to stay here as a student after my post grad work permit of 3 years expired.

Anyways, please note that I had an assault charge and was granted a conditional discharge, and so even with some criminal some criminal history, which I satisfied the terms of and have since cleared from my record, I was able to attain my PR fluidly.

To conclude, don't worry folks. You'll get it soon. I contacted my MP a month ago to check on the status of my application but I don't believe this had any influence on CICs decision. I think it is time for you to get passport requests so don't stress.

Please remember that I have been in Canada since 2006 (that is 10 years in this country) and I haven't worked for the past 2 years due to my work permit expiring, and that I have had a criminal history issue I was dealing with. If you think your situation is tough then please consider mine and many people like myself facing tough, if not tougher situations are still getting their PRs. I stuck with it, and so can you. It took a toll in you psychologically being unemployed for so long and spending your life savings, and going into major debt; after a total of 10 years in canada with the two final gruesome years being unemployed I can say I DID IT thanks to my family and support of a few close friends.

I'm rambling here but I want you all to stay hopeful as you will get the passport request soon.

Thanks for your update, so happy for you.

2016istheyear

May 4, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kmougharbel said:

thanks so much for taking the time to sign up and post this. Congrats good luck going forward :)

RomanK

Feb 17, 2016
kmougharbel said:

Congratulations! And thank you for helping us to keep our hope... Good luck to you.

Sam_2016

Star Member
Jan 21, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 Sep 2014
Doc's Request.
7 March 2016 (T4 and NOA 2014)
AOR Received.
5 Feb 2015
Med's Request
5 March 2016
Med's Done....
8 March 2016, Upfront RPRF: 6 March 2016
Passport Req..
Waitiiiiiiiiiiiiing
VISA ISSUED...
Waitiiiiiiiiiiiiing
Can someone kindly provide me an answer for the following question:

What is the main difference between extending work permit through the CIC website or applying for BOWP? Are the same? With the same fees? Is there any benefit for one compared to another.

Any information is greatly appreciated!