+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2014 - CEC Applications

joelkhor

Star Member
Jul 3, 2014
Hey guys, I have gotten a medical request as well as a request for my wife's police certs. Both medical results and the police certs have been submitted to CIC. My wife and I are both from visa exempt countries. So what will be the next step for us? Will CIC ask me to send copies of our passport or will they just mail the CoPR to me?

vermamohit28

Apr 9, 2015
Landed today at prescott intl bridge
Sept 15 applicant
PPR april 4
pp sent april 5
Visa issued april 8
received pp back april 22
Thank you guys for all the info.

Used to open this forum every 5 min. Lol
Finally PR. Hope all of you receive good news soon.

Once again thank you.

Prax

Star Member
Dec 2, 2014
sillyboy220 said:
But it is only valid within two years. Right?
The scores are required to be valid at the time of submitting your application. It doesn't matter if they expire at the later stages of processing.

Sam_2016

Star Member
Jan 21, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 Sep 2014
Doc's Request.
7 March 2016 (T4 and NOA 2014)
AOR Received.
5 Feb 2015
Med's Request
5 March 2016
Med's Done....
8 March 2016, Upfront RPRF: 6 March 2016
Passport Req..
Waitiiiiiiiiiiiiing
VISA ISSUED...
Waitiiiiiiiiiiiiing
Silence in progress ??? ??? ??? :-[ :-[ :-[ :-\ :-\ :-\ :'( :'( :'(

Deb_India

Nov 20, 2014
Sam_2016 said:
Silence in progress ??? ??? ??? :-[ :-[ :-[ :-\ :-\ :-\ :'( :'( :'(
Looks like CIC went from sleep mode to hibernate mode. Not much update through out the whole week. :( ??? :-\

landingCanada

Feb 11, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sep 8,2014
Doc's Request.
RCMP-March, 2015
AOR Received.
January 8,2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
RCMP again in March 2016 and submitted
Passport Req..
DM 4/24/2016 Sunday Morning
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Soon
Hi!

I got DM today from In Process in E Cas. There is no another mentioning after addition documents inside of it.

Is it normal?

Thanks! ;) ;)

AJMJ

Feb 11, 2015
RamRod said:
Okay here goes…my experience. I took a bus to Niagara Falls for my re-entry into Canada. I walked over to the Rainbow Bridge (weather was really nice, and I bought an ice cream) and crossed the bridge. You need 50 cents to cross (else you’re in trouble). So make sure you have at least two quarters.

Once I walked over to the other side (took about 10 mins), I was called in by the US immigration officer. It was around 10 AM on a Saturday and I was surprisingly all alone. No lineup/queue. The office just asked for my nationality, passport and I told him that I am not here for entering USA but flag polling back to Canada. He gave me a piece of paper - this is the administrative refusal form stating that I am not authorized to enter USA. All he asked me was, if am I doing this for PR or for Work Permit. Strange question, but I answered PR and he gave me the form.

I took this form and walked back to the Canadian border. There are two stops here. The first stop is where the CBSA officer gave me a yellow slip for the purposes of landing in Canada. I took this and went to a nearby building where the actual immigration is done.

As soon as I went in, I was called in right away by a grim faced CBSA officer (again no queue - I was lucky). The officer took my passport, the yellow slip and asked me to wait. I waited for about 15 minutes and then I was called again - this time by another officer.

He asked me the following:
1. How long I was living in Canada - I answered to the exact year, month and day. (He smiled, they usually don’t)
2. What is the immigration document that legalizes my stay in Canada - I said my work permit. He wanted to take a look, so I gave it to him
3. He asked about my work - I am an IT professional. (And promised him that I won’t hack into CBSA - again he smiled)
4. He asked about my marital status - This time I wasn't cocky and I gave a straight answer
5. If I plan to move from my current address in the next 3 months - NO
6. If I was still with the same company mentioned in my WP - I said YES.
7. And some strange questions - Am I armed? Do I have anything to declare? (All I had was my files, wallet and my jacket) Will I be brining anything from USA? Do I have any electronic goods? (Only my mobile phone) All answers were NO.
8. If I had any other immigration documents with me? I said I had my COPR and the administrative refusal form from USA border. He said that’s all he needed.
9. He asked me to sign my COPR form in front of him. Asked me to check all the details there before signing and date it as well which I did.
10. He asked about my proof of residence. I had my ID card so I handed it over to him.

FYI: He didn't ask for my proof of funds as I already had a job. I did take my bank statements and my employment letter just in case.

After all this, he looked me straight in the eye with a gaze so cold and tore up my work permit with a grin on his face (my heart skipped a beat) and he congratulated me on becoming a permanent resident of Canada. After being dramatic, he read my rights. When I asked about the theatrics he pulled with tearing my WP, he smiled and said I was a funny guy (believe me I am not) and that I didn't need it anymore.

After that he asked if I had any questions for him. I answered NO. That’s it. He said I was free to leave this building as a resident. The whole thing (from crossing the bridge to the end) took about one hour. All the officers were very friendly and helpful and again, I was lucky because there was no queue and hardly anyone waiting for their turn.
Thanks a lot. Congratulations once again!

Kota1978

Jan 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney,Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-Sep-2014
AOR Received.
30-Jan-2015
Med's Request
24-Feb-2016
Med's Done....
07-Mar-2016
Interview........
RPRF email on Mar-03-2016, paid same day.
Passport Req..
14-Apr-2016
VISA ISSUED...
04-May-2016
LANDED..........
15-May-2016--Yipee!!!!
Hi Guys..

Can someone tell how much waiting time for inland landing in Calgary. I didn't call them yet.

VitalyBogu

Star Member
Nov 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
14-06-2016
Hey guys!

A question about COPR,

If I'm from an visa exemp country, after decision made status in Ecas, should I see another line after they will send the COPR to me?
Like " we sent you correspondence on ....."

Thanks!

Hitzo

Mar 2, 2016
VitalyBogu said:
Hey guys!

A question about COPR,

If I'm from an visa exemp country, after decision made status in Ecas, should I see another line after they will send the COPR to me?
Like " we sent you correspondence on ....."

Thanks!
Honestly I don't understand Cic! I still have Decision made on my Ecas. The last line says.. Medicals received!
No one can understand cic lol ;D

Sam_2016

Star Member
Jan 21, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 Sep 2014
Doc's Request.
7 March 2016 (T4 and NOA 2014)
AOR Received.
5 Feb 2015
Med's Request
5 March 2016
Med's Done....
8 March 2016, Upfront RPRF: 6 March 2016
Passport Req..
Waitiiiiiiiiiiiiing
VISA ISSUED...
Waitiiiiiiiiiiiiing
Just talked to a CIC call center agent, not so nice and helpful ???
He told I am under background check and no more info can be provided
No estimation for any updates was provided by him :-X :-X :-\ :-\ ??? ???