+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2014 - CEC Applications

permanent_res1

Star Member
May 2, 2015
what is the average time its taking (expected) to get PPR after medical received update ECAS?
is this correct sequence? can some one who already landed give the time it took between each of below stage
Medicals - RPRF - Ready for Visa - PPR - COPR - Landing

Sam_2016

Star Member
Jan 21, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 Sep 2014
Doc's Request.
7 March 2016 (T4 and NOA 2014)
AOR Received.
5 Feb 2015
Med's Request
5 March 2016
Med's Done....
8 March 2016, Upfront RPRF: 6 March 2016
Passport Req..
Waitiiiiiiiiiiiiing
VISA ISSUED...
Waitiiiiiiiiiiiiing
heroforest said:
If you have MR, you are not in the second review
If it's not the second review... what is this delay for? :-\ :-\

Sam_2016

Star Member
Jan 21, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 Sep 2014
Doc's Request.
7 March 2016 (T4 and NOA 2014)
AOR Received.
5 Feb 2015
Med's Request
5 March 2016
Med's Done....
8 March 2016, Upfront RPRF: 6 March 2016
Passport Req..
Waitiiiiiiiiiiiiing
VISA ISSUED...
Waitiiiiiiiiiiiiing
heroforest said:
If you have MR, you are not in the second review
While they request documents after MR, it must be under the second review

Kota1978

Jan 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney,Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-Sep-2014
AOR Received.
30-Jan-2015
Med's Request
24-Feb-2016
Med's Done....
07-Mar-2016
Interview........
RPRF email on Mar-03-2016, paid same day.
Passport Req..
14-Apr-2016
VISA ISSUED...
04-May-2016
LANDED..........
15-May-2016--Yipee!!!!
Davehumpho12 said:
Hi I did medicals on 16th march. I am a Sept 12 applicant and have 2 lines on ECAS. No mention of medicals on ECAS. No requests for additional information.
Nothing from CIC in a while, so to those thinking there may be problems with their application, please note that there are earlier applicants with less updates than yourself. So sit tight and be patient.
I know its horrible but we will get there eventually.
Good to see some positive update..Keep it up buddy..I am also in same boat...

Palani88

Star Member
Jan 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 2nd 2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
Jan 14th 2015
IELTS Request
Sent along with package
File Transfer...
Jan 2015
Med's Request
March 10th 2016
Med's Done....
March 15th 2016
Passport Req..
April 6th 2016
VISA ISSUED...
NOT YET
LANDED..........
HOPEFULLY
New line added in ecas - decision made. Please give me a suggestion for my current situation.

Here is this. I need to go to India due to personal reasons. Since I sent my passport as they requested for PPR. Can I travel and come back to canada anytime as i heard somewere that the single entry permanent resident visa for landing will be valid upto 1 year.

Or if do landing and leave canada without pr card do I have to apply for travel document from India.

Which one is easy and legit?

Experts advise please..

ushiee88

Aug 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Palani88 said:
New line added in ecas - decision made. Please give me a suggestion for my current situation.

Here is this. I need to go to India due to personal reasons. Since I sent my passport as they requested for PPR. Can I travel and come back to canada anytime as i heard somewere that the single entry permanent resident visa for landing will be valid upto 1 year.

Or if do landing and leave canada without pr card do I have to apply for travel document from India.

Which one is easy and legit?

Experts advise please..
you can leave canada and come back before the expiry of the landing visa whenever that is. depends how long you get it for.. normally its a year but my friend got it for 6 months also.. or you could wait for 54 days to get your pr card.. there can be delays in that also so its safer to just go now and get landing done when youre coming back

Palani88

Star Member
Jan 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 2nd 2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
Jan 14th 2015
IELTS Request
Sent along with package
File Transfer...
Jan 2015
Med's Request
March 10th 2016
Med's Done....
March 15th 2016
Passport Req..
April 6th 2016
VISA ISSUED...
NOT YET
LANDED..........
HOPEFULLY
ushiee88 said:
you can leave canada and come back before the expiry of the landing visa whenever that is. depends how long you get it for.. normally its a year but my friend got it for 6 months also.. or you could wait for 54 days to get your pr card.. there can be delays in that also so its safer to just go now and get landing done when youre coming back

Alright then I can wait and see for how long the visa has been issued. Depending on that I will plan. Ur right abt processing times for pr card because I heard in the forum one guy on finishing his landing process he asked border officer abt when he expects to get pr card and the officer replied that it may take 10 weeks.

This makes me worried because I can't wait that long.

Anyway thanks and BTW wat abt ur appln process going on?

canadamaple

Jan 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014
AOR Received.
23-01-2015
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront, RPRF Upfront
This is news to me. I thought that needed to apply for travel document as soon a we leave Canada. If the landing visa is still valid, are you sure that we can Re enter Canada. Isn't the visa supposed to be a single entry visa? Please advise. Thanks

Prax

Star Member
Dec 2, 2014
kadiemc82 said:
Any last week of September applicant still waiting for update from CIC? I'm sept 29th. Cic requested additional documents t4 and noa on March 7, I sent upfront medical on Mar 24. They acknowledged receipt of both, but I'm waiting for additional progress on my file, as I see a lot of September applicants have already landed.
I am Sep 4th applicant, still waiting for PPR. Don't worry there are so many like us...keep fingers crossed and wait patiently

urzaaa

Star Member
Feb 9, 2015
Landing done yesterday at abbotsford-huntingdon. It's not the nearest to Vancouver, but I thought it was going to be faster and with less people waiting... And I was right ;)
The officer at the USA border was very nice, told him I was flagpoling, told me to go inside, ask me some questions and took me back to Canada. The Canadian officer very nice too. Asked me the same things and took me inside. I was the only one there :p so I just waited for about 10 minutes (maybe less) and all was done. Welcome to Canada and go back home.
The whole process since I arrived at the USA border and I left the Canada border took about 30-40 minutes. All the people was very kind and everybody congratulated me for this :)

Kiranmayi

Jul 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-09-2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
02-02-2015
IELTS Request
Send with Application
Med's Done....
15-12-2015 (upfront)
Passport Req..
29-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-03-2016
LANDED..........
16-03-2016
I really do not understand on what CIC is doing. I got an email today that my BOWP is approved and mailed to my address :p :p I applied in Sep 2015.

I am already a landed immigrant