+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2014 - CEC Applications

ib90

Mar 18, 2016
My 2 cents - when I noticed things were taking a long time to update on ECAS, or for me to get a confirmation email, I simply sent an email to the CIC asking to make sure everything was okay. The first time, I got a reply that pointed out an email with requested documents that I had never received. It wasn't in my trash, junk, or inbox. I wouldn't have known it was needed, nor would I have met the 30 day deadline, had I not asked what was going on with my file.

Following that debacle, I had sent an email to make sure they received my documents. The day after, my "medicals received" update happened on ECAS. A few days later, I sent an email asking if they received my upfront RPRF. Two days later, I got my Ready for Visa email.

It's possible that this was all a coincidence for me, but I'd check in with the CIC if you're seeing an unreasonable delay, perhaps?

TorontoCC

Sep 29, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 23, 2014
AOR Received.
Feb 3, 2015
Med's Request
Mar 2, 2016
Med's Done....
Mar 4, 2016
Passport Req..
Mar 22, 2016
Received passport back yesterday. Just landed today.

georgedy0920

Star Member
Aug 23, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sep 22, 2014
Doc's Request.
T4 & NOA for Y2014, Mar 16, 2016
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
Feb 02, 2015
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
Feb 26, 2016
Med's Done....
Mar 9, 2015 MR received on ECAS
Passport Req..
Apr 14, 2016
LANDED..........
May 1, 2016
ib90 said:
My 2 cents - when I noticed things were taking a long time to update on ECAS, or for me to get a confirmation email, I simply sent an email to the CIC asking to make sure everything was okay. The first time, I got a reply that pointed out an email with requested documents that I had never received. It wasn't in my trash, junk, or inbox. I wouldn't have known it was needed, nor would I have met the 30 day deadline, had I not asked what was going on with my file.

Following that debacle, I had sent an email to make sure they received my documents. The day after, my "medicals received" update happened on ECAS. A few days later, I sent an email asking if they received my upfront RPRF. Two days later, I got my Ready for Visa email.

It's possible that this was all a coincidence for me, but I'd check in with the CIC if you're seeing an unreasonable delay, perhaps?
Can I ask you some questions if you dont mind.
What is the email address you used to inquire about your PR application?
And did you include any personal info in that email like UCI#, app# or name, date of birth.
Thank you.

3Sep2014

Mar 3, 2016
I receive my Passport and COPR, and tomorrow I am going North Portal Border for landing. I am taking mine Passport, COPR and WorkPermit with me. Is there anything else I am missing? Any tips/advice for landing at border?

My Timelines are:
App Received: 3 Sept 2014
Medical Request: 10 Feb 2016
Medical Received: 29 Feb 2016
RPRF : 10 Mar 2016
PPR: 16 Mar 2016

Harsha5877

Star Member
Sep 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My return tracker got activated ;D ;D ;D ;D

One more step closer to the PR dream.

As I mentioned in my previous post, CIC has been instructed to complete all 2014 applications by end of May. This is unofficial as mentioned to my friend by his MP. If someone is still waiting for requests from CIC, request notes ASAP to know the reason for delay.

Cheers,

Blackharmer

Feb 11, 2016
ib90 said:
My 2 cents - when I noticed things were taking a long time to update on ECAS, or for me to get a confirmation email, I simply sent an email to the CIC asking to make sure everything was okay. The first time, I got a reply that pointed out an email with requested documents that I had never received. It wasn't in my trash, junk, or inbox. I wouldn't have known it was needed, nor would I have met the 30 day deadline, had I not asked what was going on with my file

Hello, what email do you email please? I mean the email address

JDHALI48

Star Member
Feb 17, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-OCT-2014
AOR Received.
26-FEB-2015
Med's Request
Upfront:08-MAR-2016
Passport Req..
June 2
mandeep13 said:
Hi
Can anyone tell me. How long it takes to get crop back when we send passport for stamping inside Canada ?

Thanks.
Almost 2 weeks .

Deb_India

Nov 20, 2014
I am yet to get any update on my application. Can someone please advise how to contact CIC to get an update on what are they looking for or what's going on my profile? if GCMS notes is the only fruitful way, how to do that? any help will be appreciated. I am little panicked though because of the delay.

My Timeline -
Application received - 04-Sep -2014
AoR received on - 16-Jan-2015
MR received: 21-Feb-2016 Done and updated to CIC on 26th Feb
RPRF requested and paid on - 04th March
Didn't hear anything after that from CIC.

Please revert with your valuable suggestions.
Note: ECAS updated to medicals received in February itself. No updates after that (nothing in March and till date in April :( :( :( )

BlessedSherry

Aug 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/09/2014
Doc's Request.
17th March 16, docs sent 2nd April
AOR Received.
07/01/2015
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
Visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Copr 14.04.2016
LANDED..........
...Waiting
Deb_India said:
I am yet to get any update on my application. Can someone please advise how to contact CIC to get an update on what are they looking for or what's going on my profile? if GCMS notes is the only fruitful way, how to do that? any help will be appreciated. I am little panicked though because of the delay.

My Timeline -
Application received - 04-Sep -2014
AoR received on - 16-Jan-2015
MR received: 21-Feb-2016 Done and updated to CIC on 26th Feb
RPRF requested and paid on - 04th March
Didn't hear anything after that from CIC.

Please revert with your valuable suggestions.
Note: ECAS updated to medicals received in February itself. No updates after that (nothing in March and till date in April :( :( :( )
We have similar timeline. We are somewhat lucky as some people from August have not even received medical request yet.
For some reason I feel confident we will get some good news this week...

ABS_1382

May 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2014
Doc's Request.
All docs sent with the file...
AOR Received.
18-02-2015
Med's Done....
08-03-2016 (Upfront - Med and RPRF)
Passport Req..
14-04-2016, Passport Sent: 18-04-2016, Received Back: 04-05-2016
cecslave said:
Hi All,

Does anyone know how long CIC will give us to send in our passport once we get PPR?

Thanks!
Its 30 days...

Sam_2016

Star Member
Jan 21, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 Sep 2014