Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
2016-03 (EE), TFW since 2012-04
Kiranmayi said:
hello all Sept active fellas.

Could you please update your Forum profile with all necessary information so that everyone can see without asking questions regarding application dates. Thanks in advance!

I updated mine today. :)
Mine is up to date, but perhaps a bit confused due to old/EE CEC applications

lucifier

Star Member
Jan 26, 2016
Anyone notice that the BOWP processing time updated to 140D and CIC made themself a laughing stock again!!!
They are processing March 2105 application @@

Sparkleincalgary

Nov 3, 2014
All the best to those who have had great movement recently... See you on the other side soon !
Seems to be Ottawa visa office on top gear. does anyone know the date being processed at the sydney visa centre ?

nrat1987

Jan 27, 2016
Friends, I received AOR on FEB 5 & I submitted PCC on APR 28-2015 . Should i need to resend PCC once again now? I came back from canada one and half a year before.I dint get my medicals also yet.

blitzkrieger

Star Member
Sep 16, 2014
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
AOR Received.
30-01-2015
Med's Request
07-02-2016
Med's Done....
22-02-2016
Hey Guys,

I am 15th Sep 2014 applicant. My 1st BOWP is expiring on 8th Feb 2016, I have already applied for 2nd BOWP as there is no news yet on my CEC application. I will be on implied status after 8th Feb & in AB it is not possible for me to renew my Health Card until I get landing document ( in my case its WP) with current processing time I dont think I will get BOWP until mid of March. I was wondering if I get medical request in between then how would I go for it ? as I wont be having valid health card neither any firm status in this country..

kamatmahesh

Star Member
Jan 6, 2014
Toronto
blitzkrieger said:
Hey Guys,

I am 15th Sep 2014 applicant. My 1st BOWP is expiring on 8th Feb 2016, I have already applied for 2nd BOWP as there is no news yet on my CEC application. I will be on implied status after 8th Feb & in AB it is not possible for me to renew my Health Card until I get landing document ( in my case its WP) with current processing time I dont think I will get BOWP until mid of March. I was wondering if I get medical request in between then how would I go for it ? as I wont be having valid health card neither any firm status in this country..
Are you telling me your medical exams for CIC will be covered by Alberta Provincial Health Card ? Atleast in Ontario it is not covered so you will have to pay the doctor from your own pocket, so it doesn't matter you have your health card or not

BlessedSherry

Aug 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/09/2014
Doc's Request.
17th March 16, docs sent 2nd April
AOR Received.
07/01/2015
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
Visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Copr 14.04.2016
LANDED..........
...Waiting
blitzkrieger said:
Hey Guys,

You don't need health card to book your medical, just check cic website to find your nearest panel physician and book an appointment, with or without health card there is a fee to pay.

blitzkrieger

Star Member
Sep 16, 2014
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
AOR Received.
30-01-2015
Med's Request
07-02-2016
Med's Done....
22-02-2016
kamatmahesh said:
Are you telling me your medical exams for CIC will be covered by Alberta Provincial Health Card ? Atleast in Ontario it is not covered so you will have to pay the doctor from your own pocket, so it doesn't matter you have your health card or not
No..
I am sure it is not covered in AB as well my question was, if they ask me for my health card or status in country because I will be on implied status..

blitzkrieger

Star Member
Sep 16, 2014
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
AOR Received.
30-01-2015
Med's Request
07-02-2016
Med's Done....
22-02-2016
blitzkrieger said:
No..
I am sure it is not covered in AB as well my question was, if they ask me for my health card or status in country because I will be on implied status..

thanks ... just clearing my doubts...

kamatmahesh

Star Member
Jan 6, 2014
Toronto
blitzkrieger said:

thanks ... just clearing my doubts...
I am sure they will not ask you your health card or your status in the country. I have had to do it twice now and never asked. They know you are doing it for immigration.

urzaaa

Star Member
Feb 9, 2015
blitzkrieger said:
Hey Guys,

They have already answered your questions so I'm not going to say anything about that. But maybe you don't know (or maybe you know) that you have to call them before being in implied status if you don't want to lose your coverage. They won't send you a new health card, but your number will remain active in their system http://www.health.alberta.ca/AHCIP/temporary-residents.html

AHCIP coverage does not continue with CIC “implied” status

A designation by CIC of “implied” status does not qualify you to maintain your AHCIP coverage. A new Canada entry document is required for your coverage to continue.

While waiting in Alberta for a new work*, study* or visitor* permit, or confirmation of permanent residency, you may be eligible for a one time only temporary extension of health care insurance coverage.

Contact us before the expiration date of your Canada entry document
*Not all Alberta visitor permits qualify the permit holder for health care insurance coverage in Alberta.

You may wish to purchase Visitor to Canada Insurance, which is available from private insurance companies, if you are physically present in Canada but not eligible for AHCIP coverage.
That's what I had to do last year and no problem at all ;) Problem is, if you don't do this, then you'll have to wait another 3 months after receiving your new work permit in order to have your health card again.

blitzkrieger

Star Member
Sep 16, 2014
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
AOR Received.
30-01-2015
Med's Request
07-02-2016
Med's Done....
22-02-2016
urzaaa said:
They have already answered your questions so I'm not going to say anything about that. But maybe you don't know (or maybe you know) that you have to call them before being in implied status if you don't want to lose your coverage. They won't send you a new health card, but your number will remain active in their system http://www.health.alberta.ca/AHCIP/temporary-residents.html

That's what I had to do last year and no problem at all ;) Problem is, if you don't do this, then you'll have to wait another 3 months after receiving your new work permit in order to have your health card again.
Muchas Gracias !!!!

I had no idea about this...

Gregor.Samsa

Feb 7, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
2016-03 (EE), TFW since 2012-04
blitzkrieger said:
Muchas Gracias !!!!

I had no idea about this...
If you're in Alberta I know someone who get 3 months Health Card extension under Implied Status.

I don't know how it works but you can ask in any Registry about it.