+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2014 - CEC Applications

jigneshshah87

Oct 21, 2015
Hi.
i am september 9 applicant and since change in processing time 17 months i applied for GCMS report under "right to information act"
i received mail as follow.. please help me out if anybody is aware of that and what should i reply for this.

This is to acknowledge receipt of your request submitted pursuant to the Access to Information Act received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada on January 4, 2016 for the following records:

the electronic permanent residence file concerning " my name".

We regret to inform you that we are unable to process your request for the following reason:

· The Access to Information and Privacy division can only provide copies of immigration documents; our office does not respond to questions. Please advise our office if you still wish to receive your electronic permanent residence file.

Pearl1

Mar 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jigneshshah87 said:
Hi.
i am september 9 applicant and since change in processing time 17 months i applied for GCMS report under "right to information act"
i received mail as follow.. please help me out if anybody is aware of that and what should i reply for this.

This is to acknowledge receipt of your request submitted pursuant to the Access to Information Act received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada on January 4, 2016 for the following records:

the electronic permanent residence file concerning " my name".

We regret to inform you that we are unable to process your request for the following reason:

· The Access to Information and Privacy division can only provide copies of immigration documents; our office does not respond to questions. Please advise our office if you still wish to receive your electronic permanent residence file.
apply for electronic notes (not file)

Merengue

Jan 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-09-2014
AOR Received.
05-02-2015
Med's Request
Upfront 05-03-2016; Upfront RPRF 08-03-2016
OhWow said:
I used the contact form on their website. I also attached a screenshot, because at one point, my home address also disappeared. It was a bug that they fixed for everyone later on.
Hi there,

I updated my mailing address from my lawyer's address to mine (same as my current home address) approximately 3-4 months ago. Since then, my mailing address has disappeared. Which contact form did you use? Thank you!

cecpet

Oct 14, 2014
Merengue said:
Hi there,

I updated my mailing address from my lawyer's address to mine (same as my current home address) approximately 3-4 months ago. Since then, my mailing address has disappeared. Which contact form did you use? Thank you!
Today my mailing address also disappear, what happened I dont know.
I applied for BOWP since then they put my mailing add and home add same, where as my mailing add should be my lawyers add.
And today my mailing add has been disappear, i did not request any change in my add.
Any one know whats the reason of disappearing my mailing address ?

anjieun

Nov 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2014
AOR Received.
20-01-2015
i received my GSMS note today and noticed this lines were added:

" Text: Received a request for (case specific) information via MP line. Spoke to ("assistant name") from " my MP's name" MP office. (Advised MP file in process and provided processing times). "

i called my MP a month ago to contact the immigration.
not sure if this will do anything but i tried.
they told my MP that only step that's left is background check and it takes time since they are not the one who is doing it.

security : not started
criminality : in process

my due date is 21st Jan
has anyone reached their due date yet?

Pearl1

Mar 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
anjieun said:

" Text: Received a request for (case specific) information via MP line. Spoke to ("assistant name") from " my MP's name" MP office. (Advised MP file in process and provided processing times). "

they told my MP that only step that's left is background check and it takes time since they are not the one who is doing it.

what about the EE applicants ? how could they process everything in less than 6 months ? are they not doing background checks for them :eek: ?? esp. the ones who apply from outside the country. we, old cec applicants, are atleast already in the country and have gone through these checks (when we came here first)

vikrantcanada

May 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-10-2014
Doc's Request.
RCMP 30-03-2015. T4 and NOA for 2014 16-03-2016. RCMP (2nd time) 31-03-2016
AOR Received.
12-2-2015
Med's Done....
15-3-2016 (Upfront)
Interview........
RPRF 6-04-2016
Passport Req..
21-04-2016
LANDED..........
07-05-2016
Pearl1 said:
what about the EE applicants ? how could they process everything in less than 6 months ? are they not doing background checks for them :eek: ?? esp. the ones who apply from outside the country. we, old cec applicants, are atleast already in the country and have gone through these checks (when we came here first)
Exactly my thoughts. BG check is conducted by CSIS which is a third party works for CIC. CSIS is very efficient in their work and even if you have never been to Canada they will take 4-8 weeks to complete your background checks (in some cases more than that). My sister had never been to Canada and she had applied under EE FSW in August and she already has her PR and she will be landing in next few weeks. Its not that I am not happy for her but if the same agencies taking few months to process EE applicants why not the old CEC. May be we all are national threat to Canada!!!

Pearl1

Mar 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vikrantcanada said:
Exactly my thoughts. BG check is conducted by CSIS which is a third party works for CIC. CSIS is very efficient in their work and even if you have never been to Canada they will take 4-8 weeks to complete your background checks (in some cases more than that). My sister had never been to Canada and she had applied under EE FSW in August and she already has her PR and she will be landing in next few weeks. Its not that I am not happy for her but if the same agencies taking few months to process EE applicants why not the old CEC. May be we all are national threat to Canada!!!
haha, not a threat.

it's just ducking away... may be a way to prove that the new method is more efficient and no one is fooling around with people's money used to create this new system.

urzaaa

Star Member
Feb 9, 2015
anjieun said:
my due date is 21st Jan
Mine is (was) the 7th of January. I haven't called or received anything from them. But also I didn't know about that date. Maybe I'll give them a call tomorrow.

Gregor.Samsa

Feb 7, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
2016-03 (EE), TFW since 2012-04

shdmfgus

Aug 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept-25-2014
AOR Received.
Feb-05-2015
Med's Request
Mar-03-2016
Passport Req..
Visa Exempt Country
VISA ISSUED...
Apr-06-2016
anjieun said:

my due date is 21st Jan
Can I ask your eligibility status ?? Hope its not a blank anymore for Sept. Applicants !!

anjieun

Nov 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2014
AOR Received.
20-01-2015
shdmfgus said:
Can I ask your eligibility status ?? Hope its not a blank anymore for Sept. Applicants !!
Yes it's blank :(

vikasshr

Star Member
Oct 31, 2015
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03 Sep 2014
AOR Received.