+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2013 Citizenship Application

harryad

Nov 20, 2013
No updates.... :'(
called CIC many times....every agent told me....wait...background checks being done .....I did FP in april....does it take them so long to do background checks ?? these days everything is computerized... I thought it would take them only a couple of minutes to run FP or names through those databases ....
Anyway ....it is a waiting game.....with no end in sight :-[

rcc

Apr 28, 2014
I called CIC today and they said my file has been approved by the CJ on May 28th and that I am in the waiting list to get the oath invite letter. If I don't receive it by September I should contact them again.

Here is my timeline:

25-Sep-2013 - We received your application
10-Jan-2014 - We started processing your application
28-Apr-2014 - Citizenship test
28-May-2014 - File approved by CJ
TBD - Oath

sazamizi

Jan 26, 2014
Hamilton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi there,

where is your local office?

rcc said:
I called CIC today and they said my file has been approved by the CJ on May 28th and that I am in the waiting list to get the oath invite letter. If I don't receive it by September I should contact them again.

Here is my timeline:

25-Sep-2013 - We received your application
10-Jan-2014 - We started processing your application
28-Apr-2014 - Citizenship test
28-May-2014 - File approved by CJ
TBD - Oath

jujuberanch

Mar 26, 2013
when did they receive your application?

harryad said:
No updates.... :'(
called CIC many times....every agent told me....wait...background checks being done .....I did FP in april....does it take them so long to do background checks ?? these days everything is computerized... I thought it would take them only a couple of minutes to run FP or names through those databases ....
Anyway ....it is a waiting game.....with no end in sight :-[

sazamizi

Jan 26, 2014
Hamilton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Jujuberanch,

By chance do you know how long it could take to be called for the test after transferring file to local office? What is the worst case scenario?

harryad

Nov 20, 2013
jujuberanch said:
when did they receive your application?

juju....they received my application around 15 sept....fingerprinted in March end 2014.....and then ....nothing....silence.....darkness...doom.....cant find more words

sazamizi

Jan 26, 2014
Hamilton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
it's so frustrating !!!!
I think we are only less than 30% of Sep 2013 applicants who have remained . Most people have already written the or been invited to the oath ceremony!

harryad said:
juju....they received my application around 15 sept....fingerprinted in March end 2014.....and then ....nothing....silence.....darkness...doom.....cant find more words

AFMTL

Oct 7, 2013
I did my test today after submitting the RQ in end of April. The official said that I will need to meet with a judge in a couple of months and it should not be that long.

Anyone knows how long test to judge takes?

Thanks,

rcc

Apr 28, 2014
Mango91 said:
Today, I got an invitation letter for ceremony on Aug 14th.
Congrats Mango91! I also took the test Apr 28 in MTL. That is good news! Maybe I will be getting my invite soon. :D

rcc

Apr 28, 2014
rcc said:
Congrats Mango91! I also took the test Apr 28 in MTL. That is good news! Maybe I will be getting my invite soon. :D
Went to check the mailbox and I also got the oath letter today for the Aug 14 ceremony! ;D Woohoo!

sept-30

Star Member
Feb 19, 2014
sazamizi said:
Hi Jujuberanch,

By chance do you know how long it could take to be called for the test after transferring file to local office? What is the worst case scenario?
hi
did they finally transfer your file? when? if so, maybe I can expect a movement from my side too.