+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2013 Citizenship Application

GIAWM

Star Member
Nov 12, 2009
Sorry for the tardiness in updating the thread.....
Anyways... the good news is after submitting the fingerprints in Mar, I got a letter to appear for test scheduled for end of May... As 'gp' said there is nothing to worry as long as we have a clean record...I was thinking that it will go off the routine so didn't bother to call CIC. But with Gods grace I got the letter 6 weeks after submitting FP.
Will update after the test.... Good Luck to all....

believe13

Star Member
Sep 18, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
GIAWM said:
Sorry for the tardiness in updating the thread.....
Anyways... the good news is after submitting the fingerprints in Mar, I got a letter to appear for test scheduled for end of May... As 'gp' said there is nothing to worry as long as we have a clean record...I was thinking that it will go off the routine so didn't bother to call CIC. But with Gods grace I got the letter 6 weeks after submitting FP.
Will update after the test.... Good Luck to all....
hi

good luck another promising fp applicant. I also submitted fp rqst in March & have a clean record so fingers crossed get called soon :)
Just curious with u & gp if & when Ecas has been updated since test hs been mailed?

GIAWM

Star Member
Nov 12, 2009
believe13 said:
hi

good luck another promising fp applicant. I also submitted fp rqst in March & have a clean record so fingers crossed get called soon :)
Just curious with u & gp if & when Ecas has been updated since test hs been mailed?
Ecas was updated after I received the letter by mail.

@harryad : My local office is Mississauga

sazamizi

Jan 26, 2014
Hamilton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It seems the normal processing time is tending to infinity for September applicants.

You guys have any idea why CIC has dramatically decreased the processing speed?

harryad

Nov 20, 2013
giawm....you got ur test in 6 weeks cause you are in Mississauga ( fastest local office in Canada )...I am in Ottawa...and Ottawa is very slow.... I read somewhere that they don't even have a Citizenship judge in Ottawa...the only one they had died about 6 months back....now they loan a guy from other places once in a while....that is why you will only see a oath ceremony only once in a while in Ottawa.....
So I guess I should go to sleep for 6 months ... and then call them and see ...

sept-30

Star Member
Feb 19, 2014
I called cic and agent said the same thing: you file is still in Sydney and its normal. you may have to wait until 12 months.12 months? in Ontario? that's not so true!

sazamizi

Jan 26, 2014
Hamilton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm pretty sure they have intentionally and dramatically slowed down the process.
I won't be surprised if routine cases take over two years while some people got their citizenship very fast when the government was introducing the new bill in Jan/Feb.
Yesterday, one colleague of mine told if you are not happy with the system in Canada you can go back home.
This is what it is my friends !!!

sept-30 said:
I called cic and agent said the same thing: you file is still in Sydney and its normal. you may have to wait until 12 months.12 months? in Ontario? that's not so true!

sept-30

Star Member
Feb 19, 2014
tell your friend as long as we keep our promise to be a good citizen we want our right and if somebody doesn't like us to be here ... too bad :)

sazamizi

Jan 26, 2014
Hamilton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Agree!
and if Canada is not happy with us here, they just have to give us back the years and money we have spent then I can get ready to leave here...

sept-30 said:
tell your friend as long as we keep our promise to be a good citizen we want our right and if somebody doesn't like us to be here ... too bad :)

jujuberanch

Mar 26, 2013
My MP's assistant made inquiries about my application status. And according to the agent that he spoke to, my case should be finalized before too long.

sazamizi said:
Agree!
and if Canada is not happy with us here, they just have to give us back the years and money we have spent then I can get ready to leave here...

daktrader

Apr 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thats the Standard feedback that all MPs give
Apply for the ATIP to get further details on your application.

Good Luck!

jujuberanch said:
My MP's assistant made inquiries about my application status. And according to the agent that he spoke to, my case should be finalized before too long.

sept-30

Star Member
Feb 19, 2014
jujuberanch said:
kindly, I have two questions. is your file in sydney or local office? and if it already is transferred how long it took for you?

sept-30

Star Member
Feb 19, 2014
sazamizi said:
Agree!
that was exactly what I first wrote and for some reason I erased it and change it to different sentence.

wadelmaki

Star Member
Sep 17, 2013
sept-30 said:
kindly, I have two questions. is your file in sydney or local office? and if it already is transferred how long it took for you?
sept-30,

In my case, I applied in July and my file is still in Sydney "till today" eating dust and no word of when it will be transferred to the local office in Alberta. So, you are not alone.