+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2013 Citizenship Application

marathon11

Jan 20, 2014
Nara said:
My ECAS just got updated today:

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on September 5, 2013.

2. We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on September 5, 2013. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

3. We started processing your application on November 14, 2013.

4. We sent you a notice on January 15, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on February 10, 2014. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

5. We sent you a notice on March 13, 2014 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on March 27, 2014. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

My whole process, from start to finish, just over 6 months.

Will keep you posted after the Oath Ceremony! Good luck to all of you dear September applicants!
CONGRATS NARA!! Your timeline and mine are almost identical. We both applied in September 2013 and are on our way to becoming Canadian citizens in just a few more days.

Let's hope that Spring of 2014 brings beautiful beginnings for a large number of citizenship hopefuls!!

sept-30

Star Member
Feb 19, 2014
hi
To day I called cic and although my back ground check was done while ago my file after near 4 months is still in Sydney . since my local office is supposed to be Windsor I expected for a faster progress. I am thinking to get a ATIP report to see if there is something wrong in my file. does any body think this is a helpful action?

mrbravo

Star Member
Nov 2, 2013
sept-30 said:
hi
To day I called cic and although my back ground check was done while ago my file after near 4 months is still in Sydney . since my local office is supposed to be Windsor I expected for a faster progress. I am thinking to get a ATIP report to see if there is something wrong in my file. does any body think this is a helpful action?
Have you asked the agent why your file is not yet transferred to local office?

sazamizi

Jan 26, 2014
Hamilton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi there,

I guess we are in the same boat with a difference that I don't know where my local office can be !
BTW, how long does it take that you receive the ATIP report?

sept-30 said:
hi

sept-30

Star Member
Feb 19, 2014
mrbravo said:
Have you asked the agent why your file is not yet transferred to local office?
thanks for reply
yes I did and they always say: every thing is ok but I should consider that the process takes 24 to 35 months and its still early and I have to be patient! but I know they are not telling the truth , according this website and my friends status it takes much sooner to get citizenship.That's why I thought maybe by getting ATIP I could get some information.

sept-30

Star Member
Feb 19, 2014
sazamizi said:
Hi there,

I guess we are in the same boat with a difference that I don't know where my local office can be !
BTW, how long does it take that you receive the ATIP report?
Hi
according what I red from others comments, I think it takes 30 days,

sazamizi

Jan 26, 2014
Hamilton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for info.

It's not question of jealousy or something but it's not fair at all that the similar applications are being processed in different ways and delays ! At least, I'm pretty sure about some of my friends' applications !!!

sept-30 said:
Hi
according what I red from others comments, I think it takes 30 days,

gp

Star Member
Oct 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HI All,
Got a letter to provide fingerprints for my wife. Dont know what has led to this . But my wife has a perfectly clean record. Going to do the fingerprints sometime this week.
Does anyone know how long does it take for test letter after fingerprinting?

jujuberanch

Mar 26, 2013
when was the letter dated? has this request been reflected on your ecas update?

gp said:
HI All,
Got a letter to provide fingerprints for my wife. Dont know what has led to this . But my wife has a perfectly clean record. Going to do the fingerprints sometime this week.
Does anyone know how long does it take for test letter after fingerprinting?

believe13

Star Member
Sep 18, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jujuberanch said:
Hi

According to what I have read CIC doesn't update ECAS for fingerprint rqsts...mine has not changed since I rcvd mine last week.

I think this is becoming common practise to rqst fingerprints by my research there is no set time for test date it varies on average between 2-6 months or more!

Good luck everyone

gp

Star Member
Oct 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jujuberanch said:
the letter is dated 11th march and no change in Ecas status.

AFMTL

Oct 7, 2013
I got an RQ today, letter was from 10 March 2014

Application Sent: 21 September 2013
In Process: 09 January 2014
Fingerprint: 27 February 2014

jujuberanch

Mar 26, 2013
hey AFMTL, is the RQ request reflected on your ecas update?

AFMTL said:
I got an RQ today, letter was from 10 March 2014

Application Sent: 21 September 2013
In Process: 09 January 2014
Fingerprint: 27 February 2014

AFMTL

Oct 7, 2013
jujuberanch said:
hey AFMTL, is the RQ request reflected on your ecas update?
So far no, but it may be soon. I am glad to get it before the test rather than having it as a surprise after the test, at least I will get it over with sooner.

jujuberanch

Mar 26, 2013
which office issued the RQ? sydney or your local office? do you know if your file has been transferred to the local office yet?

AFMTL said:
So far no, but it may be soon. I am glad to get it before the test rather than having it as a surprise after the test, at least I will get it over with sooner.