+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2013 Citizenship Application

harryad

Nov 20, 2013
I did finger prints last week.
called cic today to find out if they received It...
agent old me...it may take upto COUPLE OF MONTHS for them to do my background checks :eek:

Does it take many months after finger printing.... any take on how long it takes to test from finger printing ?? or is that one of the STANDARD ANSWERS they give.

sazamizi

Jan 26, 2014
Hamilton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I heard from a colleague who is an Oct. 2013 applicant and has a European background that he has invited for writing the test in two weeks. He told he had more than 10 short trips to the states and Europe during his 4 years of residency in Canada.

Thank you CIC,
S.

jujuberanch

Mar 26, 2013
have they transferred your file to the local office yet?

sazamizi said:
I heard from a colleague who is an Oct. 2013 applicant and has a European background that he has invited for writing the test in two weeks. He told he had more than 10 short trips to the states and Europe during his 4 years of residency in Canada.

Thank you CIC,
S.

sazamizi

Jan 26, 2014
Hamilton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I really don't know. I'm not calling them again , still waiting for the ATIP report.
my guess is my file is still in Sydney. and Hamilton is really slow as they are so many refugees file in this office.

What about yours?

jujuberanch said:
have they transferred your file to the local office yet?

jujuberanch

Mar 26, 2013
My local office received my file a month ago according to one of the call centre agents. So far nothing.

sazamizi said:
I really don't know. I'm not calling the again , still waiting for the ATIP report.
my guess is my file is still in Sydney. and Hamilton is a really slow office as they are so many refugees file in this office.

What about yours?

sept-30

Star Member
Feb 19, 2014
to day I called cic and the agent told me that they are waiting for some verification although my back ground check is done. does any body knows that what is this verifications?

clickxclick

Nov 7, 2013
jujuberanch said:
do you know where your file is now?
I was told that there are delays in verifying my documents and that everything is still at the main processing center.

Since my mother was born in Newfoundland, I was told I'm Canadian by birth and just looking for Proof Of Citizenship. I won't need to take a test, I'll just get a letter (not ETA whatsoever) that says I am or I am not a citizen of Canada.

harryad

Nov 20, 2013
I did fingerprints 2 weeks back. Commissionaires told me that normally rcmp sends the results to cic within a week.
I called cic yesterday and asked if they have recived fingerprint results from rcmp...the answer was NO :'(

is that something to worry about....I donot have any criminal history...except a few parking tickets :eek:

Normally how many days does rcmp take to send the results...any takes.

Are there any other clearances ? does cic obtain those after rcmp results or this is the last clearance.

worried..tense...angry...frustrated..... because my passport and PR card expire next year....it can be a pain to renew those.....if only I could get my citizenship by then