+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2013 Citizenship Application

muzmil

Feb 11, 2008
@Shaikat, Did you travel during the 4 year period ? ur case processed so quick.. any special thing you added in the application like passport copies, tax documents ?

shaikat

Star Member
Oct 24, 2013
muzmil said:
@ Shaikat, Did you travel during the 4 year period ? ur case processed so quick.. any special thing you added in the application like passport copies, tax documents ?

yes I did travel.....usa many times.....asia twice.....longest vacation was 2 weeks. btw they have asked in the letter to bring all the original documents to support my application.....I don't know what that means but I guess passport, pr card, health card, drivers license, copr.....anyone else have any experience what other documents I should bring?

Canadian2015

Nov 18, 2013
Congrats Shakiat..Very happy for you.

Please add me to the table. I applied received Sep 3 2013, in process Nov 7th 2013. I called CIC and they said my application was transferred to scarborough on Dec 20 2013 and it takes 9 months to get a test date :( I guess scarborough is real slow?

Also I applied right at 1095 days. Is that a problem? I hope I dont get an RQ, Would this trigger it?

Thanks

lilua

Jun 11, 2013
Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shaikat said:
yes I did travel.....usa many times.....asia twice.....longest vacation was 2 weeks. btw they have asked in the letter to bring all the original documents to support my application.....I don't know what that means but I guess passport, pr card, health card, drivers license, copr.....anyone else have any experience what other documents I should bring?
Is Driving License a mandatory? Who do not have driving license what will they do? I think you have missed out: 1) Lease/rental agreement of your residence, pay stubs/t4, if possible a certificate from your employer

shaikat

Star Member
Oct 24, 2013
I did not submit any t4, pay slips or rental agreement in my initial application....plus beside the supporting line in bracket they mentioned birth certificate, etc........any member here who went with the same process can shade some lights ...what did u bring? I have no problem collecting them but is it really necessary?

lilua

Jun 11, 2013
Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shaikat said:
I did not submit any t4, pay slips or rental agreement in my initial application....plus beside the supporting line in bracket they mentioned birth certificate, etc........any member here who went with the same process can shade some lights ...what did u bring? I have no problem collecting them but is it really necessary?
Is Birth Certificate necessary? What do you mean by 'the supporting line in bracket'...is that mean in lieu of something or that?

zzsfx

Star Member
Oct 17, 2013
shaikat said:
Usually, you have to bring the original passport including expired one. PR card, landing paper. Driver Lic, Health card (OHIP)
Just in case, you'd better bring some documents to prove you're working/living in Canada.

shaikat

Star Member
Oct 24, 2013
lilua said:
Is Birth Certificate necessary? What do you mean by 'the supporting line in bracket'...is that mean in lieu of something or that?
the exam letter listed what I have to bring.....one of the line is supporting documents in bracket they gave an example birth certificate ,etc. That's it. Also asked me to bring, pr card , copr and passports. It's pretty generic letter.....but all the boxes for documents is checked for me.

Nara

Star Member
Nov 7, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canadian2015 we are on the same boat with you :). My file was also transferred to Scarborough office. Hopefully they will not send us the RQ :-X

Canadian2015 said:
Congrats Shakiat..Very happy for you.

Please add me to the table. I applied received Sep 3 2013, in process Nov 7th 2013. I called CIC and they said my application was transferred to scarborough on Dec 20 2013 and it takes 9 months to get a test date :( I guess scarborough is real slow?

Also I applied right at 1095 days. Is that a problem? I hope I dont get an RQ, Would this trigger it?

Thanks

Stork1

Oct 28, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Silver77 said:
application received Sep 18 2013

started processing application Jan 10 2014

Received discover Canada and confirmation letter Jan 16 2014
Congrats Silver77. Which city do you live in?

MontToron

Jan 17, 2014
Dear all,

I am completing my citizenship application and plan to submit in a couple of weeks. I was wondering if the 2 pieces of identification could be the copy of passport and PR card. I don't want to submit the health card or driver's license, because I might move out of the city where I currently reside. I assume that if I don't submit some area-limited ID, changing the address would be straightforward, particularly, in case I move out of the country.

Your input will be much appreciated.

Thanks !