Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
CA-Montréal
Visa Office......
Montreal-citizenship
App. Filed.......
25-09-2017
Ryathe said:
So after receiving sponsor's approval the application goes to your VO and, at the same time, you apply to Quebec, right? So how do they synchronize it? Quebec takes (officially) 20 days but the second stage of federal can take 8 months (in my case). So even after you get an approval from Quebec, you can be rejected in your VO, hm.

Anyway, I'm going to fill in Quebec papers during the week as well, just to encourage good vibes. ;D
I think that's right. I would guess the VO doesn't process anything until it receives the CSQ. My family's looking at 8 months, too, it seems, because we'll be processed through Ottawa rather than New York because of the Pilot Program (NY would have been 11 months). So with any luck, assuming the CSQ actually takes only 20 days, we'll be done by July!

markym

Jul 17, 2012
Winnipeg
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-09-2012
AOR Received.
10-26-2012
Med's Done....
17-08-2012
spazzybon said:
after entering your info on ecas it will go to the page it will show you mailing address and the status as recived with and undeline. just click the application recived and the next page will show you the stage its at.
Congratulations!!may i know what does the AOR contains? Thank you!!

And can i call them and ask why cant i check our status in ecas?

spazzybon

Sep 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
SEPT 11/2012
AOR Received.
SEPT/17/2012
File Transfer...
OCT 22/ 2012
Passport Req..
NOV/14/2012
markym said:
Congratulations!!may i know what does the AOR contains? Thank you!!

And can i call them and ask why cant i check our status in ecas?

ecas is very slow to update an AOR just says that they recived you application so in a few days they should send you sponser approval but each case is different. while looking at ecas if you enter the client id number u should use the sponsers info and if you enter the application number you need to enter your spouses info. they ussuallu updat ecas every tuesday.

gil1975

Aug 4, 2012
Ilocos Sur With Love
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-Sept-2012
File Transfer...
19-Nov-2012
Med's Done....
21-Aug-2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
11-May- 2013
VISA ISSUED...
18-June-2013
LANDED..........
27-July-2013
Hello fellow sept batch !!! its a good news for me and may wife we got our sponsorship approval yesterday...

markym

Jul 17, 2012
Winnipeg
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-09-2012
AOR Received.
10-26-2012
Med's Done....
17-08-2012
gil1975 said:
Hello fellow sept batch !!! its a good news for me and may wife we got our sponsorship approval yesterday...
Congratulations!! That's a great news. They're releasing faster now. Goodluck for the next stage:)

markym

Jul 17, 2012
Winnipeg
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-09-2012
AOR Received.
10-26-2012
Med's Done....
17-08-2012
spazzybon said:
ecas is very slow to update an AOR just says that they recived you application so in a few days they should send you sponser approval but each case is different. while looking at ecas if you enter the client id number u should use the sponsers info and if you enter the application number you need to enter your spouses info. they ussuallu updat ecas every tuesday.

The message says is that they've already received our application. So that's an AOR already?? Aw how great.. Thank you so much. I should check ecas nxt wik haha

lunas

Champion Member
Apr 10, 2012
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/07/2012
AOR Received.
11/07/2012
Med's Done....
8/15/2012
Passport Req..
03/14/2013
LANDED..........
04/19/2013
Congratulations for those who already got approvals! woot woot!
I am still waiting for mine ??? I am going to guess that the CIC is doing their research on their side as my husband has a past that haunts him. He did submit a criminal record from the canadian police though. That must not be enough. We'll keep waiting and perhaps call sometime next week.

sassylassie

Sep 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
19-11-2012
Med's Done....
29-05-2012
lunas said:
I am still waiting for mine ??? I am going to guess that the CIC is doing their research on their side as my husband has a past that haunts him. He did submit a criminal record from the canadian police though. That must not be enough. We'll keep waiting and perhaps call sometime next week.
Despite that it may not hurt to call and ask. A large # of applicants have not received an AOR or even approval...they called because it was past the processing time and they were already approved...mail or email was lost in the process advising of the approval...just be prepared for a maybe overworked/not happy employee on the other end and stay polite ...doesn't hurt to ask.

netsrak

Sep 10, 2012
Pampanga
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 03 2012
Med's Done....
April 10 2012
lunas said:
dont worry everything will be alright

IvanP

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
CA-Montréal
Visa Office......
Montreal-citizenship
App. Filed.......
25-09-2017
lunas said:
First stage approval should be approving you, Lunas, not your husband, no? It seems strange that his criminal record would be a problem for approving you as a sponsor. I would guess your file is on the desk of someone who took a vacation, got sick or had a family emergency, or is just very, very slow.

Dan_from_Surrey

Nov 5, 2010
Surrey BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-09-2012
Doc's Request.
Submitted with app
AOR Received.
Sponsorship approval 24-10-12
File Transfer...
24-10-12
Med's Request
Meds received 1-11-12
Med's Done....
15-08-2012 - Meds re-done 24-10-2013
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
04-06-2013 DM 04-11-13
VISA ISSUED...
11-12-2013
LANDED..........
22-11-2013!
Woohoo Got the first stage approval while I was out of town! Came in last Thursday! which was a 33 turn around for the first leg of this journey. Now time to sit an wait some more ;)

lunas

Champion Member
Apr 10, 2012
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/07/2012
AOR Received.
11/07/2012
Med's Done....
8/15/2012
Passport Req..
03/14/2013
LANDED..........
04/19/2013
IvanP said:
First stage approval should be approving you, Lunas, not your husband, no? It seems strange that his criminal record would be a problem for approving you as a sponsor. I would guess your file is on the desk of someone who took a vacation, got sick or had a family emergency, or is just very, very slow.
??? I am the principal applicant, my hubby is the sponsor ???

sassylassie

Sep 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
19-11-2012
Med's Done....
29-05-2012
lunas said:
??? I am the principal applicant, my hubby is the sponsor ???
Ok Lunas....as the sponsor your husband would only be denied if he has a criminal record that involved violence especially against a family member. I have read this many times on this site. I strongly suggest you have your hubby call the call centre first thing tomorrow. It will prolly put your mind at ease...and answer some questions. You both may be surprised to learn that he has already been approved or they maybe able to tell you why the delay and how much more time to give it! Good luck!

Ryathe

Star Member
May 1, 2012
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-09-2012
File Transfer...
30-10-2012
Med's Done....
24-08-2012
Passport Req..
3-1-2013
VISA ISSUED...
23-1-2013
LANDED..........
23-1-2013
Seeing how the October applicants are already getting approved makes me REALLY want to call cic. ??? ...I'll wait till Tuesday... :D

lunas

Champion Member
Apr 10, 2012
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/07/2012
AOR Received.
11/07/2012
Med's Done....
8/15/2012
Passport Req..
03/14/2013
LANDED..........
04/19/2013
sassylassie said:
Ok Lunas....as the sponsor your husband would only be denied if he has a criminal record that involved violence especially against a family member. I have read this many times on this site. I strongly suggest you have your hubby call the call centre first thing tomorrow. It will prolly put your mind at ease...and answer some questions. You both may be surprised to learn that he has already been approved or they maybe able to tell you why the delay and how much more time to give it! Good luck!
Thank you for your support. His conviction from 17 years ago fall into the exceptions specified by the CIC except that it wasn't against a family member. We are trying to hold onto the thought that it happened so many years ago and it was a one time incident and that it wasn't against a family member (unless they overlook that part). We have already contacted a lawyer but she told us to stay positive and all we can do is wait. If we get a refusal letter then she told us to go to her to proceed with the appeal process. We might be overreacting but better safe than sorry. My hubby will definitely call next week. I'll keep you updated guys!