+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SEPTEMBER 2012 Applicants - Join here

Aug 26, 2012
Amanda10 said:
Hi CaptainT. good luck with your interview and I wish you all the best. COPR means Confirmation of Permanent Resident which is always given to the Applicant before landing in Canada and the Applicant need to meet an officer at the port of entry with that COPR. for AOR means Aknowledgement of Receipt. Cheese!!!!
Thank you Amanda! One more question, another abbreviation I've seen used is DM? I'll probably kick myself once I hear it, but what is this?

shanmba1174

Star Member
Nov 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2012
AOR Received.
04-12-2012
File Transfer...
13-12-2012
Med's Done....
15-06-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
27-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
14-06-2013
LANDED..........
26-06-2013 (DONE - thank u all)
CaptainTurtles said:
Thank you Amanda! One more question, another abbreviation I've seen used is DM? I'll probably kick myself once I hear it, but what is this?
DM -- Decision Made

Tullysgirl

May 23, 2012
Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-09-2012
Doc's Request.
07-03-2013
AOR Received.
25-10-2012
Med's Done....
30-07-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2013
LANDED..........
21-07-2013
CaptainTurtles said:
Hey fellow September applicants!

My application was sent/received at the end of September and still waiting. Additional paperwork was requested sometime in October, and two weeks a go I had an e-mail requesting me for an interview in London, England. My husband (who is sponsoring me) and I are flying out in nine days to attend the interview together. Nervous and excited at the same time for the interview, hopefully it means another step closer to the finishing line in this long tedious process!

Can I get a breakdown on the abbreviations often used on this forum? COPR, AOR? All this is quite new to me, I thought I did a lot of research before sending off our application but hell, even the landed immigrant interview was news to me.
AOR like already stated is Acknowledgement of Receipt-this is what you get (typically via e-mail) when CIC receives your sponsor's application/your application package. With where you're at in the process, you probably already got it.

COPR is Confirmation of Permanent Residency, which comes in the mail to the address you provided to CIC. This is after they've processed the Sponsor paperwork and have approved your PR application. You are considered a Perm Res at this point and can get a SIN (Social Insurance Number) which allows you to work (if you're not on a work visa). It also allows you to get the provincial health insurance (check your specific provence)

You may get a "DM" or "Decision Made" on e-cas (CIC's online system to check the status of your application) prior to getting the COPR. Typically within a week!

That's all I can think of for now! Enjoy London and you'll ROCK your interview! :D

Tullysgirl

May 23, 2012
Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-09-2012
Doc's Request.
07-03-2013
AOR Received.
25-10-2012
Med's Done....
30-07-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2013
LANDED..........
21-07-2013
SIN and Service Canada trip.... I wasn't issued a social insurance number. The SC officer, who was so sweet, after taking me through most of the process and collecting all my paperwork, said the information needed in the computer was either 1) the Landing Document or 2) the signature and badge # of the officer who signed the Landing Doc. Of which, I had neither. She sympathetically explained that they don't get training on this and apologized! I appreciated that sentiment. But, DARN! Guess I'm still a kept woman until July/August. ;D

Rosey_L

Aug 10, 2012
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
25-09-2012
AOR Received.
SA: 05-11-2012
File Transfer...
19-11-2012
Med's Done....
29-08-2012
Passport Req..
16-05-2013 [ InProcess.....: 30-06-2013] [Decision Made....: 01-07-2013]
VISA ISSUED...
Visa received: 05-07-2013 [issue date: 28-06-2013]
LANDED..........
21-07-2013
Received PPR today, finally! :D

claire_09

Star Member
Oct 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/12/2012
Doc's Request.
19/03/2013
File Transfer...
11/07/2012
Med's Done....
23/08/2012
VISA ISSUED...
16/05/2013
Rosey_L said:
Received PPR today, finally! :D
Congrats Rosey :) I got DM today so lets hope its a positive week for all September applicant still waiting!!

Rosey_L

Aug 10, 2012
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
25-09-2012
AOR Received.
SA: 05-11-2012
File Transfer...
19-11-2012
Med's Done....
29-08-2012
Passport Req..
16-05-2013 [ InProcess.....: 30-06-2013] [Decision Made....: 01-07-2013]
VISA ISSUED...
Visa received: 05-07-2013 [issue date: 28-06-2013]
LANDED..........
21-07-2013
claire_09 said:
Congrats Rosey :) I got DM today so lets hope its a positive week for all September applicant still waiting!!

Yay! Congrats too! :D

Tullysgirl

May 23, 2012
Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-09-2012
Doc's Request.
07-03-2013
AOR Received.
25-10-2012
Med's Done....
30-07-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2013
LANDED..........
21-07-2013
YAY Rosey and Claire! :p

Aug 26, 2012
Tullysgirl said:
AOR like already stated is Acknowledgement of Receipt-this is what you get (typically via e-mail) when CIC receives your sponsor's application/your application package. With where you're at in the process, you probably already got it.

COPR is Confirmation of Permanent Residency, which comes in the mail to the address you provided to CIC. This is after they've processed the Sponsor paperwork and have approved your PR application. You are considered a Perm Res at this point and can get a SIN (Social Insurance Number) which allows you to work (if you're not on a work visa). It also allows you to get the provincial health insurance (check your specific provence)

You may get a "DM" or "Decision Made" on e-cas (CIC's online system to check the status of your application) prior to getting the COPR. Typically within a week!

That's all I can think of for now! Enjoy London and you'll ROCK your interview! :D
Thanks for the reply!

Haven't received an AOR, we would phone CIC every few weeks to see what was happening (once our application had surpassed the suggested 60 something days) and we tend to hear different things each time. The first time it hadn't been looked at yet but they've received the additional information they requested, the second time it was being processed but they hadn't received the additional information, the very next day someone else had told us they have the additional info, but we hadn't paid the full amount, even though the previous two hadn't mentioned that. Then the fourth told us it was ready to be sent to London (still haven't had Sponsor approval) but he had our old address for us, even though the previous three people had the updates address! Oh and then out of the blue comes the interview! Very strange, but we're looking forward to clearing everything up with them in person.

I finished gathering my additional paperwork to take with me to the interview today, so today is a minor victory, now I can start packing!

IvanP

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
CA-Montréal
Visa Office......
Montreal-citizenship
App. Filed.......
25-09-2017
CaptainTurtles said:
Thanks for the reply!

Haven't received an AOR, we would phone CIC every few weeks to see what was happening (once our application had surpassed the suggested 60 something days) and we tend to hear different things each time. The first time it hadn't been looked at yet but they've received the additional information they requested, the second time it was being processed but they hadn't received the additional information, the very next day someone else had told us they have the additional info, but we hadn't paid the full amount, even though the previous two hadn't mentioned that. Then the fourth told us it was ready to be sent to London (still haven't had Sponsor approval) but he had our old address for us, even though the previous three people had the updates address! Oh and then out of the blue comes the interview! Very strange, but we're looking forward to clearing everything up with them in person.

I finished gathering my additional paperwork to take with me to the interview today, so today is a minor victory, now I can start packing!
Wow, hearing about your royal treatment kind of makes the eternal waiting seem more tolerable... Good luck at the interview!

Nanski99

Jul 22, 2013
May visa na ba kayo lahat? September applicant here but still no news about my children's papers. Their medical will expire Aug 16. Emailed them to let them know about the expiration bt no response. Passport was requested by VO as an additional document last June 01. Sent them d passport but no change on ecas up to mow. Dont know what to do now.

Tullysgirl

May 23, 2012
Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-09-2012
Doc's Request.
07-03-2013
AOR Received.
25-10-2012
Med's Done....
30-07-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2013
LANDED..........
21-07-2013
LANDED!! We crossed the border back into Canada on July 21st.

I'm glad I was on the ball because the CBSA officer @ the Kingsgate, Idaho office didn't even take my COPR, just my passport and then handed it back to me, said I was good to go. This was AFTER I'd told the officer at the window (mind you, I was driving a U-HAUL) I was there to "land".

I took the COPR and told her I needed it filled out, that I couldn't get an SIN (or a JOB!) without it filled out. I know, I'd already been to Service Canada months before and the gal there couldn't process me without it.

The officer took it to another officer who then told me they'd never had to fill one out. (SHEESH!!) I explained about the SIN and that I needed it. He then mentioned something about, "Well, unless you need to land". ??? Which I then promptly told him that's what I was there to do. :'(

He had me wait, he left, came back, called me back to the counter, asked a few questions, put me in the computer, signed the COPR and gave it back to me, told me he'd put me in as a Permanent Resident in the system (YAY!!!), said I'd get my PR card in 6-8 weeks and sent me on my way.

At Service Canada the next day, she noticed that he'd actually given me back the CIC copy of the COPR (the one with my pic on it), but she didn't think it would matter. I hadn't even noticed that it said, "CIC Copy" on the bottom.

BE WARNED!! BE ALERT!!

SIN in hand and Provincial insurance too and now job hunting!!

chickie72

VIP Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-12
Doc's Request.
09-06-13
AOR Received.
20-06-12
File Transfer...
04-10-12
Med's Request
20-06-12
Med's Done....
07-09-12
Passport Req..
March 4, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2014
LANDED..........
March 22, 2014
Tullysgirl said:
LANDED!! We crossed the border back into Canada on July 21st.

I'm glad I was on the ball because the CBSA officer @ the Kingsgate, Idaho office didn't even take my COPR, just my passport and then handed it back to me, said I was good to go. This was AFTER I'd told the officer at the window (mind you, I was driving a U-HAUL) I was there to "land".

I took the COPR and told her I needed it filled out, that I couldn't get an SIN (or a JOB!) without it filled out. I know, I'd already been to Service Canada months before and the gal there couldn't process me without it.

The officer took it to another officer who then told me they'd never had to fill one out. (SHEESH!!) I explained about the SIN and that I needed it. He then mentioned something about, "Well, unless you need to land". ??? Which I then promptly told him that's what I was there to do. :'(

He had me wait, he left, came back, called me back to the counter, asked a few questions, put me in the computer, signed the COPR and gave it back to me, told me he'd put me in as a Permanent Resident in the system (YAY!!!), said I'd get my PR card in 6-8 weeks and sent me on my way.

At Service Canada the next day, she noticed that he'd actually given me back the CIC copy of the COPR (the one with my pic on it), but she didn't think it would matter. I hadn't even noticed that it said, "CIC Copy" on the bottom.

BE WARNED!! BE ALERT!!

SIN in hand and Provincial insurance too and now job hunting!!
Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! way to go and officially welcome to Canada!