+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2011 - Here we go!

Quince777

Aug 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
crisetphil said:
yah its really unfair..october got visa already..they forgot september in my vo.is it that we applied in quebec i dont even see my medical result just application receievd...very sad no news still address disappear........almost 2 weeks soon
Mine still says 'app received'. I can't believe other people who submitted after me are already 'in process' and someone even got a PPR.

D

Danswo

Quince777 said:
Well, even though I submitted my app at the same time as another person ('NSDOL' user) from Buffalo thread, that person is ahead of me, as they already got PPR! I'm happy for that person but at the same time jealous, as that person clearly got ahead of me with 'equal start'. Quite unfair :(
I hear you Quince!

It is hard cos there are people who have been waiting a long long time and still don't have PPR and I really feel for them and hope my application doesn't get dragged out forever. There are however people with similar timelines to me who have heard something at least whereas I haven't but I am just trying to be patient as I guess it will take however long it takes. Maybe I may never hear anything and just get a surprise copr in the post!

What I find more frustrating is that there is no rhyme or reason to the process and that some VO's are churning out visas in as little as 3 months even though posted processing times are 11 months and others take a lot longer. I understand it is a resource issue but re-allocation of resources might be an idea? Also that the IO's don't follow a structured approach and everyone gets different updates here and there and it's about as clear as mud!

As my partner says "Don't worry... it will happen!"

Quince777

Aug 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Danswo said:
I hear you Quince!

It is hard cos there are people who have been waiting a long long time and still don't have PPR and I really feel for them and hope my application doesn't get dragged out forever. There are however people with similar timelines to me who have heard something at least whereas I haven't but I am just trying to be patient as I guess it will take however long it takes. Maybe I may never hear anything and just get a surprise copr in the post!

What I find more frustrating is that there is no rhyme or reason to the process and that some VO's are churning out visas in as little as 3 months even though posted processing times are 11 months and others take a lot longer. I understand it is a resource issue but re-allocation of resources might be an idea? Also that the IO's don't follow a structured approach and everyone gets different updates here and there and it's about as clear as mud!

As my partner says "Don't worry... it will happen!"
You know what the hard thing is that I can't work. Why wouldn't they give open work permits to those who are waiting? At least I would have kept myself busy. But no they only gave me a visitor record with no chance of getting a job. That's why I notice all these things that start bothering me because at least if the process was fair, I would patiently wait for my turn. The last thing I want to know is that someone after me got processed before. Applying for a regular work permit is so damn hard, that I don't know what an employer would want to go through LMO process?! This is a mental torture sometimes!

bbiery

Star Member
Aug 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-10-2011
Doc's Request.
5-3-2012
AOR Received.
20-12-2011
Med's Request
08-03-2012
Med's Done....
20-09-2011
Passport Req..
26-04-2012/Decision Made 14-05-2012
Quince777 said:
You know what the hard thing is that I can't work. Why wouldn't they give open work permits to those who are waiting? At least I would have kept myself busy. But no they only gave me a visitor record with no chance of getting a job. That's why I notice all these things that start bothering me because at least if the process was fair, I would patiently wait for my turn. The last thing I want to know is that someone after me got processed before. Applying for a regular work permit is so damn hard, that I don't know what an employer would want to go through LMO process?! This is a mental torture sometimes!
My employer tried the lmo route, they told them they weren't paying enough and would have to raise my salary. They gave me a raise that put me above people with seniority and applied again. They jacked the salary requirement another 10k lol. Don't even bother.

Quince777

Aug 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bbiery said:
My employer tried the lmo route, they told them they weren't paying enough and would have to raise my salary. They gave me a raise that put me above people with seniority and applied again. They jacked the salary requirement another 10k lol. Don't even bother.
A lot of companies wouldn't even bother to go though LMO. If it's taking so much time and energy why bother? That's why at least those of us who are already here were able to get an open work permit after sponsor approval it would have helped a lot with adjustment, etc. I mean a lot of us coming here are young people (usually getting married when we're most productive), and last thing you want to do is just sit and wait. Honestly, those law-making government officials are worse than Nazis. I couldn't imagine that this process would be so painful!

D

Danswo

Quince777 said:
I am lucky in the respect I was just old enough to apply for a working holiday visa before applying for residency (even though I went through a lot of hassle trying to get that and it took a while) and that I'm here with my partner. I think if I couldn't have the latter I'd be going nuts cos I just want to be with her!

LMO's are a tough one and even on my work permit I have come up against road blocks of companies who will only hire you if you're a resident! But like I said I can't complain so I won't.

It is mental torture. I spent a fair amount of time as a visitor too and while my work permit was processed so I understand how you feel! Hopefully it isn't much longer for you.

Quince777

Aug 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Danswo said:
I am lucky in the respect I was just old enough to apply for a working holiday visa before applying for residency (even though I went through a lot of hassle trying to get that and it took a while) and that I'm here with my partner. I think if I couldn't have the latter I'd be going nuts cos I just want to be with her!

LMO's are a tough one and even on my work permit I have come up against road blocks of companies who will only hire you if you're a resident! But like I said I can't complain so I won't.

It is mental torture. I spent a fair amount of time as a visitor too and while my work permit was processed so I understand how you feel! Hopefully it isn't much longer for you.
It's good that you were able to get a working holiday visa. That definitely helps with the waiting.
Well I'm not sure how long more this process will take - no control of it whatsoever. All we can do is wait and hope for the best!

Elizabeth Joe

Star Member
May 3, 2011
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Berlin
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2011
AOR Received.
16-12-2011
File Transfer...
28-11-2011
Med's Done....
02-09-2011
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2012
LANDED..........
24-04-2012
I understand everybodies frustration with the whole process, but try to see it from a different perspective. We can be lucky that we can stay with our partners during the process, even if we can't work at least we are not alone. There are a lot of people that have to wait in there home country until they get there PR and are seperated from their partners.

And for the different processing times: each case is different and needs different checks and procedures. And why be jealous of somebody that gets approved sooner than yourself, there is probably a reason for that. They are processing a lot of cases at the same time and they are able to finish some sooner than others, that doesn't necessarily mean they ar not working on yours. I think we should be happy for everybody that gets approved quick.

emrn

Jun 8, 2011
Makati City, Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-09-2011 (September 02,2011)
File Transfer...
13-12-2011
Med's Request
13-12-2012 (remeds)
Med's Done....
27-07-2011/ remeds done 19-12-2012
Interview........
13-11-2012 Passed the Eligibility ;)
Passport Req..
27-12-2011 sent the same day
VISA ISSUED...
March 26, 2013 (DM: 28-03-2013)
LANDED..........
April 19, 2013
Elizabeth Joe said:
I understand everybodies frustration with the whole process, but try to see it from a different perspective. We can be lucky that we can stay with our partners during the process, even if we can't work at least we are not alone. There are a lot of people that have to wait in there home country until they get there PR and are seperated from their partners.

And for the different processing times: each case is different and needs different checks and procedures. And why be jealous of somebody that gets approved sooner than yourself, there is probably a reason for that. They are processing a lot of cases at the same time and they are able to finish some sooner than others, that doesn't necessarily mean they ar not working on yours. I think we should be happy for everybody that gets approved quick.
Yes indeed you are lucky to be with your partner while everything is in process as for me we are here waiting and the stress and frustration really gets to us. I dont really mind waiting as long as I am with my husband but here on our VO they totally skipped September and there are already 2 from october the first one who got approved from october filed their app oct 28 which is almost november who were approved and I really felt it was unfair however we're happy for that person that got approved but we still can't help but feel bad about it.

Quince777

Aug 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
emrn said:
our VO they totally skipped September and there are already 2 from october the first one who got approved from october filed their app oct 28 which is almost november who were approved and I really felt it was unfair however we're happy for that person that got approved but we still can't help but feel bad about it.
I have the same feeling. It's not that I wish bad things to others - NO. I only wish 'good' to everyone to get through this fast without complications. I'm only happy for someone who got approved! It's just the feeling of unfairness inside me telling why not me ??? since mine was received at VO earlier :-\

mumbles

Star Member
Sep 29, 2011
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-09-2011
AOR Received.
06-01-2012
File Transfer...
16-11-2011
Med's Done....
10-05-11
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-03-12
LANDED..........
05-05-12
Elizabeth Joe said:
I think we should be happy for everybody that gets approved quick.
its not that Quince isnt really happy for the people who are getting processed....it REALLY is human nature to feel jealous.....

Elizabeth Joe

Star Member
May 3, 2011
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Berlin
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2011
AOR Received.
16-12-2011
File Transfer...
28-11-2011
Med's Done....
02-09-2011
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2012
LANDED..........
24-04-2012
emrn said:
Yes indeed you are lucky to be with your partner while everything is in process as for me we are here waiting and the stress and frustration really gets to us. I dont really mind waiting as long as I am with my husband but here on our VO they totally skipped September and there are already 2 from october the first one who got approved from october filed their app oct 28 which is almost november who were approved and I really felt it was unfair however we're happy for that person that got approved but we still can't help but feel bad about it.
Does anybody that filed in October through Manila have their Visa yet? I could only find a whole bunch that got PPR. And most Manila peolpe in September got their PPR a while ago. Maybe Manila requests the Passport early like New Delhi for example.

emrn

Jun 8, 2011
Makati City, Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-09-2011 (September 02,2011)
File Transfer...
13-12-2011
Med's Request
13-12-2012 (remeds)
Med's Done....
27-07-2011/ remeds done 19-12-2012
Interview........
13-11-2012 Passed the Eligibility ;)
Passport Req..
27-12-2011 sent the same day
VISA ISSUED...
March 26, 2013 (DM: 28-03-2013)
LANDED..........
April 19, 2013
Elizabeth Joe said:
Does anybody that filed in October through Manila have their Visa yet? I could only find a whole bunch that got PPR. And most Manila peolpe in September got their PPR a while ago. Maybe Manila requests the Passport early like New Delhi for example.
yes 2 from october already got approved and the other one she filed her app oct 28 and usually CEM considers that like november already. her papers was just processed for 90 days the fastest yet from Manila. She's really lucky! ;D Today we got a decision made for september batch the first one lol. Hopefully before end of this week I get good news, I already gave up hope that I will be with my husband on Valentine's day I just hope I will be there before april my husband's birthday.

leroadrunner

Apr 19, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-09-2011
AOR Received.
21-12-2011 In Process: 25-01-2012
File Transfer...
21-11-2011
Med's Done....
30-08-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
30-01-2012
OMG! I am still in shock, my wife got her PPR! She got a letter in the mail that it was approved Jan 30th, so it was only IN PROCESS for 5 days! What a miracle!

I am still in shock and shaking! She will be here in March!

Now, its for sure Caipirinha time!

Have faith everyone...I can tell you that prayer does work!

Good luck to all! Cheers!

kannadiga

Sep 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-09-2011
File Transfer...
02-12-2011
Med's Done....
09-08-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
14-02-2012
LANDED..........
22-03-2012 (Insha Allah)
leroadrunner said:
OMG! I am still in shock, my wife got her PPR! She got a letter in the mail that it was approved Jan 30th, so it was only IN PROCESS for 5 days! What a miracle!

I am still in shock and shaking! She will be here in March!

Now, its for sure Caipirinha time!

Have faith everyone...I can tell you that prayer does work!

Good luck to all! Cheers!
Congratulations leroadrunner!!! Happy for you :)