+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Seperate Family Sponsorship applications

cook1818

Jun 20, 2010
As a canadian citizen, i would like to sponsor my current partner, my biological child and my partners dependant child.In total i need to sponsor 3 people.When i submit my application to CIC, do i need to prepare 3 whole seperate applications and put them into 1 envelope.I read you need to submit seperate applications for each family member and put them in the same envelope.

Anyone with experience or advise in this regards?Urgent please help

Do we need to prepare every application form 3 times

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
It's one application. Your partner is the primary applicant and the children are dependents.

Note that your biological child may already be a Canadian citizen. If so, you need to apply for that child to be recognized as a citizen rather than including the child as a dependent in the sponsorship application. Were you a citizen at the time that child was born? If yes - how did you obtain your citizenship?

cook1818

Jun 20, 2010
Thanks for response, but it says on the CIC website that if you have more then 1 dependant child which i do(biological child and child of my common law partner), then you should complete a seperate application for each child.

Any advise, will i need to do application for my common law partner and then another 2 applications for each dependant child and then place in the same envelope.My child is not a canadian citizen as he is second generation, i got citizenship through my mother.

sashali78

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cook1818 said:
Thanks for response, but it says on the CIC website that if you have more then 1 dependant child which i do(biological child and child of my common law partner), then you should complete a seperate application for each child.

Any advise, will i need to do application for my common law partner and then another 2 applications for each dependant child and then place in the same envelope.My child is not a canadian citizen as he is second generation, i got citizenship through my mother.
Is your biological child is a common child with your current partner? If thats the case then it one application as Scylla mentioned, your spouse is the principal applicant and both children are her dependents.
If your biological child is a child from previous relationship then its two separate applications, one for your biological child and one for your spouse as principal applicant and her child as a dependent.

cook1818

Jun 20, 2010
Thanks. 1 child is my biological child from a previous relationship and then i have my current common law partner and his dependant child, i would like to sponsor all 3 of them.My understanding from above response is 1 application for my biological child and a seperate application for my common law partner and his dependant child.Can we then place the 2 applications in 1 envelope as is essence we are now all part of the same family.

sashali78

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cook1818 said:
Thanks. 1 child is my biological child from a previous relationship and then i have my current common law partner and his dependant child, i would like to sponsor all 3 of them.My understanding from above response is 1 application for my biological child and a seperate application for my common law partner and his dependant child.Can we then place the 2 applications in 1 envelope as is essence we are now all part of the same family.
I don't think its a good idea as it can lead to mix up between documents in 2 applications. Two applications are 2 separate immigration cases and as such should be packed and mailed separately.

cook1818

Jun 20, 2010
I will preapare 2 seperate applications( 1 for my child and another for my partner and his dependant child) and place each application in its own envelope and then send in 1 DHL envelope.

sashali78

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cook1818 said:
I will preapare 2 seperate applications( 1 for my child and another for my partner and his dependant child) and place each application in its own envelope and then send in 1 DHL envelope.
It's your decision how you will do it. Me personally, given the history of CIC losing/misplacing/mixing documents so easily in the past, i would not take the chance and would pay extra just to make sure it can't happen to my case.

cook1818

Jun 20, 2010
Why do i need to make 2 seperate applications, why cant i make 1 family sponsorship application for my partner and the 2 dependent children(1 biological child from another relationship and 1 dependent child of current partner).Where does it specify that i must submit 2 seperate applications , 1 for partner and dependent child and another seperate application for my biologocal child from another relationship.

cook1818

Jun 20, 2010
As per the CIC website , it states "If you want to sponsor more than one dependent child, you must fill out an application form for each child and send all the applications in the same envelope"

Confused , help would be appreciated as some advise 1 application for current partner and both dependent kids and others advise 2 seperate applications, one for current partner and dependent child and another for biological child from previous relationship

Please help

truesmile

Champion Member
Jun 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2012
AOR Received.
18-07-2012
File Transfer...
24-07-2012
Med's Done....
18-05-2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
05-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2013
LANDED..........
02-02-2013
Just curious but as a Canadian citizen (and I know there are valid reasons) why do you need to "sponsor" your biological child? Citizenship didn't pass at birth for this reason or that?

cook1818

Jun 20, 2010
Anyone with advise, i still dont see why i cannot lodge 1 family sponsorship application for my current partner and our 2 dependent children(1 biologocal child from another relationship and my current partners child).It does not state anywhere that i must make seperate applications becuase the children are not from same relationship.

Any advise would be appreciated.In guidelines it says you can include your partner and any dependent kids of you or your partner.

I did however find that in the helpdesk section, it states that if you wish to sponsor more then 1 dependent child, you should fill out an application form for each child and send them in same envelope.

What shoudl i do, 1 application for my partner and both dependent kids or 2 applications , 1 for my partner and dependent kid and another application for my biologocal child and then place them in the same envelope.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
cook1818 said:
I did however find that in the helpdesk section, it states that if you wish to sponsor more then 1 dependent child, you should fill out an application form for each child and send them in same envelope.

What shoudl i do, 1 application for my partner and both dependent kids or 2 applications , 1 for my partner and dependent kid and another application for my biologocal child and then place them in the same envelope.
That is referring to when a person is sponsoring ONLY dependent children. You are also sponsoring a partner, so it does NOT apply to you.

You need to submit one complete application for your partner and shared child and another complete application for your own child.