+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Separation after PR for 3 years

Cheryllove

Star Member
Oct 22, 2017
Port Alice, British Columbia
Category........
FAM
My husband and I may separate due to him hating all things American, invalidating me and nit picking me until I literally get sick. I’ve been a PR for 3 1/2 years am 67 years old and my only income is US Social Security which is @ $900CAD so I can’t afford to move on my own. Does anyone know what Social Assistance I can get in BC? I know this isn’t a strictly Family Sponsorship question but do not know where to turn. Living with him is increasingly becoming unbearable and his increasing disdain of anything I say or do is starting to cause extreme anxiety and depression for me. Any advice guy?? He tells me if I don’t like it go back to the US! But that is not an option I want to contemplate! I love it here on Northern Vancouver Island and want to stay! Just not with him.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
My husband and I may separate due to him hating all things American, invalidating me and nit picking me until I literally get sick. I’ve been a PR for 3 1/2 years am 67 years old and my only income is US Social Security which is @ $900CAD so I can’t afford to move on my own. Does anyone know what Social Assistance I can get in BC? I know this isn’t a strictly Family Sponsorship question but do not know where to turn. Living with him is increasingly becoming unbearable and his increasing disdain of anything I say or do is starting to cause extreme anxiety and depression for me. Any advice guy?? He tells me if I don’t like it go back to the US! But that is not an option I want to contemplate! I love it here on Northern Vancouver Island and want to stay! Just not with him.
https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/family-social-supports/income-assistance