+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

separating

sunnyinlombardy

Star Member
Mar 30, 2013
Hi everyone I need some guidance on what to do. My husband and I were married for almost 8 years, we lived abroad together. In 2015, we came to Canada and applied for sponsorship and he became PR in February 2017. We'be going through some rough times and I decided that we should separate and he will be moving out next month. I don't know if this is permanent as we still love each other but we just can't make things work for now and we are both unhappy. How do I inform Immigration Canada of this? Do I call them or is there a form to fill out? I tried looking around online but didn't really get anywhere. TIA

ama25

May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-09-2016
AOR Received.
19-10-2016
Med's Done....
28-08-2016
Since he's already a PR you don't need to inform anything to IRCC. It's none of their business.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hi everyone I need some guidance on what to do. My husband and I were married for almost 8 years, we lived abroad together. In 2015, we came to Canada and applied for sponsorship and he became PR in February 2017. We'be going through some rough times and I decided that we should separate and he will be moving out next month. I don't know if this is permanent as we still love each other but we just can't make things work for now and we are both unhappy. How do I inform Immigration Canada of this? Do I call them or is there a form to fill out? I tried looking around online but didn't really get anywhere. TIA
IRCC don't care BUT you are still responsible for the sponsorship undertaking for the remainder of the three years since he landed as a PR. Whether you are together or not makes no difference to this. If he goes on welfare for any reason, you are obligated to repay the Canadian Government.

Reactions: carolbb23