+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Separated for 21 months, divorce case in process, CIC requires divorce certificate, what to do ?

bkmsathi

Nov 19, 2017
Hi all,

I have been separated from my spouse for 21 months now, and my divorce case is in process. I have submited my application as "legally separated " and my AOR is Jan-27th 2018 and now CIC has raised ADR of divorce certificate.

I dont have divorce certificate but I have the divorce petition showing that I have filed it one year back and its still in process.

Please suggest what should I do.

thanks

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Hi all,

I have been separated from my spouse for 21 months now, and my divorce case is in process. I have submited my application as "legally separated " and my AOR is Jan-27th 2018 and now CIC has raised ADR of divorce certificate.

I dont have divorce certificate but I have the divorce petition showing that I have filed it one year back and its still in process.

thanks
You can disclose the receiving or acknowledgement that you received from the court while filing the divorce case. That was enough for one of my friends. I have a doubt on your status, why did you choose legally separated while creating your EE profile? you were supposed to select married but your spouse will not be accompanied. I think this is the reason they are asking for divorce certificate.

Try to write another LOE and mention in detail about your case. Also, attach all case-related documents that you have to prove your present situation.

That might help.

bkmsathi

Nov 19, 2017
I selected as legally separated due to the fact I was already separated for 18months and I had filed the divorce on Feb 2017. My case is still pending in Indian court and it usually takes up more than one year to get the divorce certificate. I am worried if cic will consider the LoE and divorce case petition for approving my pr application or will wait for my divorce certificate?

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
I selected as legally separated due to the fact I was already separated for 18months and I had filed the divorce on Feb 2017. My case is still pending in Indian court and it usually takes up more than one year to get the divorce certificate. I am worried if cic will consider the LoE and divorce case petition for approving my pr application or will wait for my divorce certificate?
Legal separation usually entails a court order that two spouses can live apart as unmarried persons. In your case, Ii would suggest to write an LOE and share the acknowledgement letter received from the court. That should suffice.

Rest, kindly wait for other members to respond on this query.

bkmsathi

Nov 19, 2017
Legal separation usually entails a court order that two spouses can live apart as unmarried persons. In your case, Ii would suggest to write an LOE and share the acknowledgement letter received from the court. That should suffice.

Rest, kindly wait for other members to respond on this query.
Sure. I did submit those documents to cic. Let’s see what the Visa officer responds.

bkmsathi

Nov 19, 2017
Hi all,

thanks
Kindly suggest