+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

separated couple

valentinagi

Feb 22, 2018
Hi, we have received the invitation to apply under the CEC
We have moved to Canada 1 year ago as married couple under my work visa, however in the last year we have fallen apart and we are now recently separated (2 different addresses), and try to see if by staying apart for some time can fix things. We have two kids.
Would this be an issue? How can I manage this? We are still married and we have no separation paper, just trying to figure things out.
Any similar experience?

Thank you

Valentina

Ademola15

Mar 27, 2018
Hi, we have received the invitation to apply under the CEC
We have moved to Canada 1 year ago as married couple under my work visa, however in the last year we have fallen apart and we are now recently separated (2 different addresses), and try to see if by staying apart for some time can fix things. We have two kids.
Would this be an issue? How can I manage this? We are still married and we have no separation paper, just trying to figure things out.
Any similar experience?

Thank you

Valentina
well as far as they are concerned you are still married untill you provide another evidence to the contrary. so just continue dealing with them as married , anything contrary to that will amount to false declaration because you are not legally divorced. your wife needs to be carried long tho.

limin_w

Jul 17, 2017
well as far as they are concerned you are still married untill you provide another evidence to the contrary. so just continue dealing with them as married , anything contrary to that will amount to false declaration because you are not legally divorced. your wife needs to be carried long tho.
Well this is technically separated, not married.
Definition from IRCC: "Separated means that two people are married but no longer living together, and they do not wish to live together again. They may be waiting for a divorce or have not yet decided to divorce."
Not sure how separated status would impact your application though.

valentinagi

Feb 22, 2018
Well this is technically separated, not married.
Definition from IRCC: "Separated means that two people are married but no longer living together, and they do not wish to live together again. They may be waiting for a divorce or have not yet decided to divorce."
Not sure how separated status would impact your application though.
Thank you. We don't know what we are going to do. I have a lease for 16 months he has one for 6, really to figure things out. Would this make a difference.

valentinagi

Feb 22, 2018
Thank you, this was my idea too.
The only concern is about the address to use, mine, his?

Ademola15

Mar 27, 2018
Thank you, this was my idea too.
The only concern is about the address to use, mine, his?
thats why i said you need to carry your patner along so you save yourself undue headache. and agree on one address. it think its easier that way..i think.

valentinagi

Feb 22, 2018
thats why i said you need to carry your patner along so you save yourself undue headache. and agree on one address. it think its easier that way..i think.
yes, sorry, a little of language barrier there. That was the plan. I just don't know how to justify his apartment. That's all
Thank you for the suggestion