Waived
Passport Req..
14-AUG-2012
VISA ISSUED...
31st- Oct - 2012
LANDED..........
15th Nov 2012
ArslanZahid said:
what I got ur point is I shouldnt go to UoR. is it becasue sask is small province with only one advantage is PR. I have strong academics then I according to you I must opt for anything in Ontario.
You must try within universities in BC and Ontario region, PR is not difficult option for bright students in any region.
University of waterloo
Unviversity of Windsor
York university
Ryerson University

These are most famous and would provide you great opportunities as well

Jitu1011

Aug 23, 2011
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-05-2012
Doc's Request.
Reached Sydney 18-05-2012/ PER 4 June 2012
AOR Received.
20-JUNE-2012
IELTS Request
7.5 (Sent with application)
File Transfer...
20-June-2012
Med's Request
14-AUG-2012
Med's Done....
25-AUG-2012/ Medical Line updated on Ecas 7Oct2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-AUG-2012
VISA ISSUED...
31st- Oct - 2012
LANDED..........
15th Nov 2012
jonaj said:
i want to ask about fees for PR student who want to do Postgraduate in Financial Planning.I intend to resume next year all things being equal....and i want to ask if one can get loan from ONTARIO govt to finance it and what are the requirement?
If loan is not applicable,can someone get job within the school premises?

Thank YOU

All province govt provide permanent residents with education support, loans are not problem at all.

ArslanZahid

Champion Member
Oct 13, 2011
Sialkot
Visa Office......
Islamabad
App. Filed.......
05-03-2012
IELTS Request
Med's Request
25-06-2012
Med's Done....
29-06-2012
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
18-08-2012
Jitu1011 said:
You must try within universities in BC and Ontario region, PR is not difficult option for bright students in any region.
University of waterloo
Unviversity of Windsor
York university
Ryerson University

These are most famous and would provide you great opportunities as well
Ok let me tell you about myself and my aims.
Done B.SC Chemical UET LAhore 75.1%
got into MASc process systems engg UoR, I could easily got admision in above mention unversities except waterloo I think waterloo is bit heavyweight for me but no one knows may be waterloo for me.
Why I selected UoR is because of its less fee and procees systems program, this program is only offered in UoR among all canadian universities. but main goal was o get there is their low fee.
again before getting there I searched alot and found it very attractive I tell you why.
some internet information and comments from seniors.
answer to a question would I be employed in sask?
if u look at unemployment rate ..... 2nd lowest is in Alberta ........ 1st lowest is in Saskatchewan and in Saskatchewan its lowest through out North America ........... mind ya ..... North America includes US too .............. so if a village has lowest un-employment rate .... would u be employed ...... that's ur question .......... well if u cannot b employed there u cannot be employed anywhere in US n Canada ..............

Is it helpful if I move to small city like regina and get admission in UoR?

yeah its a small city but also a provincial capital.
if you are talking about part time job off campus it may be hard to find one but many people found it. but yeah after graduation plenty of jobs there for you.
"it's a technological advanced environment with marvelous achievements in process industry i.e. Saskatchewan accounts for 28% of the country's primary energy production, (highest of all provinces in Canada), Canada's second largest oil producer and third largest producer of natural gas and coal. its IT industry is at second after Ontario and also have plenty of work to do in agriculture sector"

If you ask me definitely go for UoR.
Let me tell you its not that easy to secure admission in UoR as from last year I have seen plenty of excellent students unable to break in UoR.

How is sak?
It's a good province and till this year graduates from all over Canada used to go to Saskatchewan to get job and apply for PR after 6 months of permanent job. But that policy has been changed now because Between January 2011 and November 2011 1,023 applications were received – an increase of 470 per cent over the same time period the year previous. However, even now the the students who studied from Saskatchewan institution can apply for SINP based on only 6 months job which is a big plus.

Secondly : I tell u one thing regina is a very very good city.

all copied material

Jitu1011

Aug 23, 2011
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-05-2012
Doc's Request.
Reached Sydney 18-05-2012/ PER 4 June 2012
AOR Received.
20-JUNE-2012
IELTS Request
7.5 (Sent with application)
File Transfer...
20-June-2012
Med's Request
14-AUG-2012
Med's Done....
25-AUG-2012/ Medical Line updated on Ecas 7Oct2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-AUG-2012
VISA ISSUED...
31st- Oct - 2012
LANDED..........
15th Nov 2012
ArslanZahid said:
Ok let me tell you about myself and my aims.
Done B.SC Chemical UET LAhore 75.1%
got into MASc process systems engg UoR, I could easily got admision in above mention unversities except waterloo I think waterloo is bit heavyweight for me but no one knows may be waterloo for me.
Why I selected UoR is because of its less fee and procees systems program, this program is only offered in UoR among all canadian universities. but main goal was o get there is their low fee.
again before getting there I searched alot and found it very attractive I tell you why.
some internet information and comments from seniors.
answer to a question would I be employed in sask?
if u look at unemployment rate ..... 2nd lowest is in Alberta ........ 1st lowest is in Saskatchewan and in Saskatchewan its lowest through out North America ........... mind ya ..... North America includes US too .............. so if a village has lowest un-employment rate .... would u be employed ...... that's ur question .......... well if u cannot b employed there u cannot be employed anywhere in US n Canada ..............

Is it helpful if I move to small city like regina and get admission in UoR?

yeah its a small city but also a provincial capital.
if you are talking about part time job off campus it may be hard to find one but many people found it. but yeah after graduation plenty of jobs there for you.
"it's a technological advanced environment with marvelous achievements in process industry i.e. Saskatchewan accounts for 28% of the country's primary energy production, (highest of all provinces in Canada), Canada's second largest oil producer and third largest producer of natural gas and coal. its IT industry is at second after Ontario and also have plenty of work to do in agriculture sector"

If you ask me definitely go for UoR.
Let me tell you its not that easy to secure admission in UoR as from last year I have seen plenty of excellent students unable to break in UoR.

How is sak?
It's a good province and till this year graduates from all over Canada used to go to Saskatchewan to get job and apply for PR after 6 months of permanent job. But that policy has been changed now because Between January 2011 and November 2011 1,023 applications were received – an increase of 470 per cent over the same time period the year previous. However, even now the the students who studied from Saskatchewan institution can apply for SINP based on only 6 months job which is a big plus.

Secondly : I tell u one thing regina is a very very good city.

all copied material
Mr Zahid,
I am very impressed to see all your research but cant stop my self from laughing at the facts which you shared, at first instance it seem like that you are very bright student and will analyse facts and figure from 3d view. Can you imagine the truth about tax collections from all provinces, the total population of whole Saskatchewan province is 1million (April2012) where regina, saskatoon etc etc are just small cities. and regarding your oil exploration story and other facts let me give you a brief note on that .. the industry where foreign companies invested a huge capital to explore oil is expected to start operations by end of 2014 and still in phase of constructing infrastructure (where they will be making loss if unable to sell crude above $95/barrel and mind u US and Arab countries are exploring cheaper than this)

So now come to your job opportunities point major jobs in Oil industry have engineers placed from experienced companies from gulf and engineers from canada and countries like India and pakistan are not even bothered many of them are doing welding jobs in their pipelines, well experienced people from Kuwait, Dubai and UAE are doing jobs where opportunites are just 5000 , 100k applications were received for just temporary work permits for which a huge article was published in all newspaper in Nov2011.

I don't care to get in to an argument for no just reasons, so my dear friend if you believe what you posted as your strong facts I will suggest you to go ahead and take admission in that university. where you feel unemployment is lowest (you dont have knowledge abt indexation so may get attracted to percentages). Though I would like to ask did you mean those 250k students who apply in university of toronto from all over the world are stupid and that is why you are comparing them with 10000 students intake of UoR. Just google and see the ranking.

Go to linkedin create your profile, you will find lot of employed and unemployed alumni's ask them they will tell u the truth. My relatives are not MP in any province so I have no favoritism for any province .. I was just trying to tell new people the truth ... and really those who are just craving for PR doesn't make any difference, because I communicate with lot of people like you who has applied PR and SINP a year back and still waiting ....

search for them in this forum and u will know the truth else just land there and we will surely talk again ..... By the way I studied in Toronto and 75% of my classmates(Mech ENg, Robotics eng,) moved to saskatchewan 2 years back and whenever I talk to them they say Jitu u r the Luckiest..

ArslanZahid

Champion Member
Oct 13, 2011
Sialkot
Visa Office......
Islamabad
App. Filed.......
05-03-2012
IELTS Request
Med's Request
25-06-2012
Med's Done....
29-06-2012
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
18-08-2012
Jitu1011 said:
Mr Zahid,
I am very impressed to see all your research but cant stop my self from laughing at the facts which you shared, at first instance it seem like that you are very bright student and will analyse facts and figure from 3d view. Can you imagine the truth about tax collections from all provinces, the total population of whole Saskatchewan province is 1million (April2012) where regina, saskatoon etc etc are just small cities. and regarding your oil exploration story and other facts let me give you a brief note on that .. the industry where foreign companies invested a huge capital to explore oil is expected to start operations by end of 2014 and still in phase of constructing infrastructure (where they will be making loss if unable to sell crude above $95/barrel and mind u US and Arab countries are exploring cheaper than this)

So now come to your job opportunities point major jobs in Oil industry have engineers placed from experienced companies from gulf and engineers from canada and countries like India and pakistan are not even bothered many of them are doing welding jobs in their pipelines, well experienced people from Kuwait, Dubai and UAE are doing jobs where opportunites are just 5000 , 100k applications were received for just temporary work permits for which a huge article was published in all newspaper in Nov2011.

I don't care to get in to an argument for no just reasons, so my dear friend if you believe what you posted as your strong facts I will suggest you to go ahead and take admission in that university. where you feel unemployment is lowest (you dont have knowledge abt indexation so may get attracted to percentages). Though I would like to ask did you mean those 250k students who apply in university of toronto from all over the world are stupid and that is why you are comparing them with 10000 students intake of UoR. Just google and see the ranking.

Go to linkedin create your profile, you will find lot of employed and unemployed alumni's ask them they will tell u the truth. My relatives are not MP in any province so I have no favoritism for any province .. I was just trying to tell new people the truth ... and really those who are just craving for PR doesn't make any difference, because I communicate with lot of people like you who has applied PR and SINP a year back and still waiting ....

search for them in this forum and u will know the truth else just land there and we will surely talk again ..... By the way I studied in Toronto and 75% of my classmates(Mech ENg, Robotics eng,) moved to saskatchewan 2 years back and whenever I talk to them they say Jitu u r the Luckiest..
hoho great jitu.

you are right in this I have no idea about the tax collection and yup my analysis may be one dimensional only. but the latter portion of ur 1st paragraph can not be digested. that oil exploration gonna start in 2014. I know 3-4 people(who inspired me to get to canada and feel proud to be chemical engr) working there from 2002 in oil sector and nowadays making around 200K $CAD annually(in alberta and sask). one of them recently moved to saudi aramco and I get shocked when I saw his offer letter. it says $CAD 16780/month excluding all the taxes. and you are saying they brought people from dubai, actully if you look at dubai and saudi oil sector all the heavy posts are occupied by US and Canadian nationals.

I agree regina and saskatoon are small cities as compared to Toronto/Vancouver

I also dont agree as you said they dont bother Paki/indians in oil sector(I dont know about any other field). but In oil sector they are looking for hundreds of people and they hire people having no link with oil. I mean energy engineers nuclear engineers are being hired in oil and gas sector. as far as Alberta and sask are concerned I as a masters degree holder with one year Paki experience will easily hit oil and gas sector at least at least 30K/yr initially(I will be happy). I dont see any difficulty in it. If you see US and Canada is in need of Chemical engineers then any other country in the world so as chemical engineer US and canada is gold mine.

yup agreed toronto is far more big and far more prestigious institute then regina. but I earlier told you I dont have enough money to pay toronto's fee so I choose regina because of its low fee structures. I respect Uni of toronto. but to tell you one thing If I had money I will not go for UoT. I will certainly go for UoA. (and may be after 2 semesters in regina I will try to transfer my credits to UoA)

I didnt know about PR relaxing rules of sask and believe me or not I didnt apply to UoR because of relaxed PR rules you may be right people wait long to get PR. but in my plans I will try to hit CEC.

may be you are lucky but as you said "75%" of your class fellows moved in a province having such low standard in ur veiws. dont u think y they moved to sask? just because of PR? no jitu no they must have seen something glowing which attracted a hugh number(75%) form toronto to sask and this glowing thing is sask job market what I personally think (correct me if I am wrong, koi larai ni koi chagra ni apa doven punjabi aan :p).

H

HBK

ArslanZahid said:
hoho great jitu.

you are right in this I have no idea about the tax collection and yup my analysis may be one dimensional only. but the latter portion of ur 1st paragraph can not be digested. that oil exploration gonna start in 2014. I know 3-4 people(who inspired me to get to canada and feel proud to be chemical engr) working there from 2002 in oil sector and nowadays making around 200K $CAD annually(in alberta and sask). one of them recently moved to saudi aramco and I get shocked when I saw his offer letter. it says $CAD 16780/month excluding all the taxes. and you are saying they brought people from dubai, actully if you look at dubai and saudi oil sector all the heavy posts are occupied by US and Canadian nationals.

I agree regina and saskatoon are small cities as compared to Toronto/Vancouver

I also dont agree as you said they dont bother Paki/indians in oil sector(I dont know about any other field). but In oil sector they are looking for hundreds of people and they hire people having no link with oil. I mean energy engineers nuclear engineers are being hired in oil and gas sector. as far as Alberta and sask are concerned I as a masters degree holder with one year Paki experience will easily hit oil and gas sector at least at least 30K/yr initially(I will be happy). I dont see any difficulty in it. If you see US and Canada is in need of Chemical engineers then any other country in the world so as chemical engineer US and canada is gold mine.

yup agreed toronto is far more big and far more prestigious institute then regina. but I earlier told you I dont have enough money to pay toronto's fee so I choose regina because of its low fee structures. I respect Uni of toronto. but to tell you one thing If I had money I will not go for UoT. I will certainly go for UoA. (and may be after 2 semesters in regina I will try to transfer my credits to UoA)

I didnt know about PR relaxing rules of sask and believe me or not I didnt apply to UoR because of relaxed PR rules you may be right people wait long to get PR. but in my plans I will try to hit CEC.

may be you are lucky but as you said "75%" of your class fellows moved in a province having such low standard in ur veiws. dont u think y they moved to sask? just because of PR? no jitu no they must have seen something glowing which attracted a hugh number(75%) form toronto to sask and this glowing thing is sask job market what I personally think (correct me if I am wrong, koi larai ni koi chagra ni apa doven punjabi aan :p).
That is correct arsalan.......see below i posted link from cic page......you will find even cic and HRSDC supporting this occupation.......
Alberta is all about oil and gas......alberta alone comes on 2 nd after golf countries when it comes to production of crude oil.......no doubt this industry requires hundreds of skilled employees........

Temporary Foreign Worker Program

Memorandum of Understanding for the Entry of Temporary Foreign Workers for Projects in the Alberta Oil Sands

Purpose

In keeping with their respective roles and mandates relating to the temporary entry of foreign workers, Human Resources and Skills Development Canada (HRSDC), Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC), and Alberta Learning wish to support employers in the oil and gas sector in meeting requirements that may arise for temporary foreign workers in construction trades during the course of planned construction for projects to develop the Alberta oil sands in Fort McMurray.

This Framework is intended to: 1. ensure that employers have a clear understanding of the role each of these parties will play; of the requirements that they must meet; and of the procedures to be followed, and 2. meet the unmet labour needs of employers in the oil sands industry for skilled tradespeople.

HRSDC, CIC and Alberta Learning recognize the importance of access to qualified and available labour for oil employers in order to ensure that development and economic growth continues to occur in northern Alberta.

Recognition of Labour Needs and Economic Significance of the Oil Sands

Alberta Learning, CIC and HRSDC recognize that the oil sands industry is a foundational economic driver in Alberta and Canada.

By 2010, the industry could be providing 50 % of total Canadian output of crude oil.
The estimated economic benefit to Canadians is in the order of $31 billion in revenues (1998 data on personal and corporate taxes and royalties) from the oil extracting industry in the Fort McMurray region. By 2025, these revenues may reach $76 billion.
It is estimated that 17,000 new jobs in the oil sands sector will be created in the region by 2011. Currently 33,000 people are employed directly and indirectly by the oil sands industry.
The December 2003 unemployment rate in the Wood Buffalo-Cold Lake region, of which Ft. McMurray is a part, was 3.7% (down from Dec. 2002). Shortages of skilled labour will impair needed investment in the oil sands industry.
The Alberta Government recognizes the high demand by industry for skilled tradespeople and has recently provided $40 million in funding to Alberta postsecondary institutions to expand technical training spaces for apprentices in the designated trades. Alberta welcomes tradespeople from outside Alberta who want to work in Alberta. Alberta:

recognizes and welcomes tradespeople from other provinces and territories who hold trade certificates with an Interprovincial Standards (Red Seal) endorsement.
welcomes other tradespeople from outside Alberta. An assessment and certification process is in place, through the Qualification Centres, to recognize their prior work experience, knowledge and skills.
welcomes apprentices from other provinces and territories. In most instances, apprentices are recognized at the same level of their apprenticeship program as in their home province or territory.
has established an assessment and certification process for the recruitment of temporary foreign workers to assist Alberta industry with construction projects as well as other industries challenged by skilled trade shortages.
has a website, www.tradesecrets.org, with information about working in a trade in Alberta.
Alberta trains 20% of all apprentices in Canada.

Regulatory Context

1. Under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR), most foreign nationals require a work permit issued by CIC to work temporarily in Canada. Under section 203 of the IRPR, HRSDC has a mandate to provide CIC an opinion (operationally known as a Labour Market Opinion) on the impact the entry of a foreign worker will have on the Canadian labour market.

2. Employers request a Labour Market Opinion from HRSDC with respect to one or more specific job offers. When assessing an employer's request, HRSDC takes into account the factors set out in section 203 of the IRPR.

3. Operationally HRSDC considers key information including:

current labour market information for the region and for the trade, including unemployment rates, prevailing wage rates, and indications of labour shortages;
the efforts the employer has made to recruit available and qualified Canadians and permanent residents for the position; and
whether the salary offered is in keeping with prevailing wage rates for the trade in the region, and whether the working conditions meet generally accepted Canadian norms.
4. In reviewing the foreign worker's request for a work permit, CIC takes account of a positive HRSDC Labour Market Opinion in respect to the job offer. The CIC visa officer will also verify that the applicant meets the requirements of the position, and meets CIC's requirements concerning security, criminality and health.

5. A work permit issued to a foreign worker is issued in respect to a specific job, and for a determined period.

More information can be found on the HRSDC and CIC websites at:

http://www.hrsdc.gc.ca/en/gateways/nav/top_nav/program/fw.shtml

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/index.html

Planning for the Possibility of Hiring Large Numbers of Foreign Workers

HRSDC, CIC and Alberta Learning understand that employers who will be undertaking construction projects in the Fort McMurray oil sands in the next several years want assurance that they will have a secure source of skilled tradespeople when they require them, to avoid loss of project investments and loss of productivity and to ensure that project timelines can be met.

Although employers will not be in a position to identify precise requirements for foreign workers until they have undertaken recruitment of available and qualified Canadians, they can take steps to facilitate faster processing of eventual requests for confirmations of job offers to foreign workers.

The following guidelines are intended to give employers a clear understanding of what will be required of them and how they can prepare for the possibility that they will need temporary foreign workers to supplement the available Canadian and permanent resident workforce, as part of their overall human resources planning for these projects. The timing and sequencing of the steps in the process will vary with employers.

Pre-approval Stage: Employers' Role

Although it is not a requirement, individual employers may wish to provide comprehensive recruitment plans to HRSDC at an early stage, to ensure that the planned approach will support potential requests for confirmation of job offers to foreign workers. It is suggested that the plans provide the following information:

1. An overview of the construction/development project.

2. Human resource requirements for tradespeople to implement the project, including:

Estimated number of workers by trade;
description of duties; and,
certification requirements by trade.
3. Advertising, recruitment and training plans directed to available and qualified Canadians and permanent residents. This section should provide details of comprehensive plans to ensure that available and qualified Canadians are made aware of the employment opportunities in the project and have an opportunity to apply. The critical elements are:

Details/timing/duration of advertising to be placed in technical/trade publications, union publications, newspapers, the INTERNET, in community college/apprenticeship publications, and any other relevant venues.
Details of plans to hire and train Canadian apprentices.
Ongoing liaison with career offices in community colleges and vocational schools.
Specific plans for active recruitment and outreach to Aboriginals.
Plans for recruitment of young people.
Active recruitment initiatives to hire available and qualified Canadians in other provinces, with particular efforts to hire these Canadians in areas of high unemployment.
4. Plans for consultations with relevant unions to advise them of requirements for skilled tradespeople, and of the fact that recruitment plans are expected to include hiring some temporary foreign workers.

5. Wages and working conditions for each trade.

6. Proposed schedule/timelines, with an indication of when hiring is expected to begin.

Employers may wish to meet with HRSDC officials to discuss their needs and plans in greater detail, and to ensure that the approach they are proposing will support any requirement for foreign workers.

Agreements in Principle: HRSDC Role

HRSDC is obliged to assess employer requests for confirmations in the context of labour market information that is current when it is considering the requests. It is prepared to enter into agreements in principle for individual employers in the oil sands who foresee the need to hire foreign workers to meet investment and project development requirements. Under such arrangements HRSDC will undertake to issue a number of employment confirmations for future offers of employment to foreign workers in specified trades, as the employer identifies the need for the foreign workers, under the following circumstances:

1. The employer can document substantive, positive advertising and recruitment efforts to date, designed to ensure that qualified and available Canadian workers are aware of the upcoming employment opportunities. There must be evidence of outreach to aboriginal communities, and of recruitment in areas of high unemployment.

2. The employer agrees to continue recruiting in Canada.

3. The unions involved have been consulted. The position of each union concerned in respect to the potential entry of foreign workers in unionized workplaces is documented in respect to the availability of qualified Canadian citizens and permanent residents, wage rates and working conditions.

4. The wage rate for each trade is at least equal to the prevailing wage rate for the trade, and the working conditions meet generally accepted standards for the trade in the region. In the case of jobs that are part of a bargaining unit, the terms of the existing collective agreement are respected.

5. The employer can substantiate a requirement for foreign workers on the basis of recruitment results to date, taking into account project plans and timelines and continued domestic recruitment efforts.

6. The foreign workers will be required for the project within 12 months, which represents the horizon for reliable projection of labour market conditions.

In its analysis of labour market conditions, HRSDC will recognize the unique challenges faced by employers who are undertaking projects in the Fort McMurray area, and will take into account the commonality of employer needs for skilled tradespeople in this area. In this regard, if one employer has established satisfactory evidence of a shortage of available and qualified Canadians in a trade or trades, HRSDC will consider that there is a demonstrable shortage in these trades when it assesses requests received from other employers within a reasonable period. HRSDC will consider each factor set out above in addition to evidence of skills shortages in determining the occupations for which it is prepared to issue agreements in principle, and the maximum number of positions in each occupation to be covered under the agreement.

Issuing Confirmations

During the period of validity of the agreement in principle, the employer may request individual employment confirmations up to the maximum number provided for in the agreement in principle for each trade, without a requirement for further labour market assessment. The length of the confirmation will reflect the period for which the employer requires the foreign worker to be in Canada, up to a maximum of three years.

New Agreements in Principle

In keeping with the project timetable and evolving requirements, the employer may request additional agreements in principle for other occupations over the course of the project. These requests will be assessed in accordance with the requirements and conditions set out above. HRSDC will attempt to streamline such arrangements to the extent possible.

Employers of Record

Recruiters or labour brokers are not considered employers of record for purposes of requesting labour market opinions from HRSDC. The employer must be the company or entity that assigns work to the employee; provides day-to-day supervision of the work; and pays the employee. In the context of the oil sands construction projects, the employer of record may be a contractor who is providing specific project development/construction services to the company undertaking the project.

HRSDC understands that the company undertaking the oil sands project rather than individual contractors may assume responsibility for advertising and recruitment efforts, setting wage rates and conditions of employment, and undertaking recruitment of foreign workers.

Assessment and Certification of Foreign Workers

Alberta Learning will review and evaluate the credentials of foreign skilled tradespeople, as notified by the employer, to ensure that Alberta training and certification standards are met.
Alberta Learning will assess the trade knowledge and skills of the foreign skilled tradesperson, on a cost-recovery basis, prior to arrival in Canada.
When processing the application for a foreign national, CIC will assess whether the worker is able to perform the work sought, including being assessed and certified by the Government of Alberta to work in the designated trade, as specified in the Labour Market Opinion. It is important to point out, however, that making arrangements with Alberta Learning for the assessment and certification of the foreign trades qualifications is the responsibility of the employer and the foreign worker, and not of Alberta Learning, HRSDC or CIC.
For more details on common certification requirements in designated trades in the province of Alberta, employers may consult:
www.tradesecrets.org.
Work Permits

IRPR require that a foreign national must not work in Canada without a valid work permit issued by an immigration officer. Applications from foreign workers hired by eligible oil sands employers whereby the applicant's foreign trade credentials have been recognized by Alberta and whereby the application is supported by a Labour Market Opinion from HRSDC will be processed in an expeditious fashion according to the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and Regulations. When a work permit is approved, the expiry date will be the earliest of the expiry date given in the Labour Market Opinion, the expiry date of the passport or in accordance with any other term stipulated in legislation.

CIC will meet with industry sector representatives to exchange information on recruitment best practices and on immigration legislative and operational requirements for the entry of these temporary foreign workers into Canada. CIC will also make available to the oil sands employers and to Alberta Learning, statistics on processing times and approval rates for foreign workers at missions around the world, to assist employers in planning and adjustment of their recruitment practices.

Minister:_________________ Date:_________________

Witness:______________

Human Resources and Skills Development

Citizenship and Immigration

Alberta Learning

http://www.hrsdc.gc.ca/eng/workplaceskills/foreign_workers/contracts-forms/moualbertaoil.shtm

lhttp://www.canadavisa.com/news/entry/more-action-on-albertau2019s-labour-shortage-dilemma-030112.html

http://www.canadavisa.com/news/entry/alberta-boom-continues-to-tap-tight-labour-market-022312.html

http://www.canadavisa.com/news/entry/trade-unions-and-oil-sands-industries-announce-agreement-to-develop-skilled-work-force-08062012.html

ArslanZahid

Champion Member
Oct 13, 2011
Sialkot
Visa Office......
Islamabad
App. Filed.......
05-03-2012
IELTS Request
Med's Request
25-06-2012
Med's Done....
29-06-2012
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
18-08-2012
http://www.canadavisa.com/news/entry/alberta-boom-continues-to-tap-tight-labour-market-022312.html

http://www.canadavisa.com/news/entry/trade-unions-and-oil-sands-industries-announce-agreement-to-develop-skilled-work-force-08062012.html

[/quote]

Thanx for supporting HBK. and I think you support mt decision of going to sask rather then going into Toronto as my studies related to oil processing.

H

HBK

ArslanZahid said:

Thanx for supporting HBK. and I think you support mt decision of going to sask rather then going into Toronto as my studies related to oil processing.
Yeah buddy......you are on right track.......sask comes 2nd after alberta when it comes to oil production.....even sask is not far away from alberta (you can go to alberta for interviews easily ).....you will find exploration sites in alberta,sasketchwan,even in yukon they are finding exploration sites.....but in ontario you will find not even single exploration site (even if you graduate from UOT,you will have to endup with alberta,sk etc.since explortion is there.so why not to build networking in AB or SK while study time?) .....so thats perfactly fine to stick with your decision......every province has different to offer......so one should decide it accordingly that's my meaning to say.......even i agree unemployement rate in alberta(my research from job bank.gc.ca site) is least than other province.....

ArslanZahid

Champion Member
Oct 13, 2011
Sialkot
Visa Office......
Islamabad
App. Filed.......
05-03-2012
IELTS Request
Med's Request
25-06-2012
Med's Done....
29-06-2012
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
18-08-2012
HBK said:
Yeah buddy......you are on right track.......sask comes 2nd after alberta when it comes to oil production.....even sask is not far away from alberta (you can go to alberta for interviews easily ).....you will find exploration sites in alberta,sasketchwan,even in yukon they are finding exploration sites.....but in ontario you will find not even single exploration site (even if you graduate from UOT,you will have to endup with alberta,sk etc.since explortion is there.so why not to build networking in AB or SK while study time?) .....so thats perfactly fine to stick with your decision......every province has different to offer......so one should decide it accordingly that's my meaning to say.......even i agree unemployement rate in alberta(my research from job bank.gc.ca site) is least than other province.....
yup u r right in this matter. as I earlier told Jitu If I had more money I must have opted for UoA or atleast UoC(I still feel lucky as I have found ideal course in UoR) as Alberta is hub of oil sector. secondly in institutes like UoA and UoC people from oil sector continuously coming and arrange seminars. it creates a very healthy environment and after degree u have enough contacts and knowledge to break in oil sector without much difficulty, whereas if you are in toronto then you may have to faec lil more difficulties in getting oil sector.

H

HBK

ArslanZahid said:
yup u r right in this matter. as I earlier told Jitu If I had more money I must have opted for UoA or atleast UoC(I still feel lucky as I have found ideal course in UoR) as Alberta is hub of oil sector. secondly in institutes like UoA and UoC people from oil sector continuously coming and arrange seminars. it creates a very healthy environment and after degree u have enough contacts and knowledge to break in oil sector without much difficulty, whereas if you are in toronto then you may have to faec lil more difficulties in getting oil sector.
Yeah....agree.....networking is an important factor here......
by the way where is OP? i think he will have to create new thread now....lol. :D :D

ArslanZahid

Champion Member
Oct 13, 2011
Sialkot
Visa Office......
Islamabad
App. Filed.......
05-03-2012
IELTS Request
Med's Request
25-06-2012
Med's Done....
29-06-2012
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
18-08-2012
HBK said:
Yeah....agree.....networking is an important factor here......
by the way where is OP? i think he will have to create new thread now....lol. :D :D
yeha me too waiting for him .

GLOBEWIN

Jul 23, 2012
GBC Coming students : - On Campus Jobs

studentassociation.ca/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Campaigns-Lead-Position.pdf