Star Member
Jan 9, 2021
Bahrain
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Hello Everyone,

I am an Indian citizen , working and living in Bahrain for a year now. I have applied for a graduate certificate course in Logistics and SCM at Conestoga ( Awaiting LOA). I am wondering if I can apply under SDs category from Bahrain which as per CIC is not possible.

I have an overall Ielts score of 8 (L9, R8, S8, W6.5) and planning to have a GIC for CA$ 10000 and also pay 1 year tuition fee in advance.
Even though I meet all the requirements for SDS except the resident status I believe my file will be processed under general category so I have certain queries in terms of documents required to be submitted and would appreciate your expert inputs :

1) Proof of Funds : Do i need to submit any other proof of funds except GIC and tution fee receipt?E.g ITR of my father who’s a retired government employee and a pensioner or his assets ?
2) Ties to home country : A lot of members on forum who are living abroad got rejection since they were not able to prove home ties : I have a property in my name passed on through will by my late grandparents , can I show it to prove ties ? Also my parents are Indian citizens , would their current resident status help ?

3 )What specific documents would be acceptable as proof of ownership for the real estate? Is will from my late grandparents acceptable ?

4) I have a strong travel history - Have lived in UAE for 5 years , travelled to Europe twice , have a valid US B1 visa .. will that benefit in any way ?

Thank you for your help !

Shaild

Oct 17, 2019
Hello Everyone,

I am an Indian citizen , working and living in Bahrain for a year now. I have applied for a graduate certificate course in Logistics and SCM at Conestoga ( Awaiting LOA). I am wondering if I can apply under SDs category from Bahrain which as per CIC is not possible.

I have an overall Ielts score of 8 (L9, R8, S8, W6.5) and planning to have a GIC for CA$ 10000 and also pay 1 year tuition fee in advance.
Even though I meet all the requirements for SDS except the resident status I believe my file will be processed under general category so I have certain queries in terms of documents required to be submitted and would appreciate your expert inputs :

1) Proof of Funds : Do i need to submit any other proof of funds except GIC and tution fee receipt?E.g ITR of my father who’s a retired government employee and a pensioner or his assets ?
2) Ties to home country : A lot of members on forum who are living abroad got rejection since they were not able to prove home ties : I have a property in my name passed on through will by my late grandparents , can I show it to prove ties ? Also my parents are Indian citizens , would their current resident status help ?

3 )What specific documents would be acceptable as proof of ownership for the real estate? Is will from my late grandparents acceptable ?

4) I have a strong travel history - Have lived in UAE for 5 years , travelled to Europe twice , have a valid US B1 visa .. will that benefit in any way ?

Thank you for your help !
You will be applying under general category so proof of funds are required. CIC has a list of acceptable documents but mostly bank statements for past 4 months are submitted by most. GIC is definitely a plus.

Home ties is what most GCC residents suffer through & VO are very strict about it. Strong ties as described by most on this forum are limited to your spouse & kids. They apparently don't give much weightage to parents (yes, in Asian culture our parents mean the world but we need to think about it from their perspective). Property under your name, investment, your travel history, etc can all work. Eventually, it is a very subjective decision & will totally depend on the VO reviewing your file. Provide as many documents possible but don't overwhelm.

Saurabh29

Star Member
Jan 9, 2021
Bahrain
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Thanks Shalid , appreciate it! I am not married and being the only son might work in favor.
I have inherited property from my late grandparents , would a registered Will suffice or do I need to get some other documents to show ownership of property? Property documents in India are quite overwhelming and after reading through forum it seems most people submit a net worth report from a CA.. Will that be enough ?

I have some FDs in India which I can show as investment , not much but should be around 10000 CAD.

Besides GIC, full course tution paid receipt, I can manage to show additional CAD 15K. Is that Sufficient ?

please bear my ignorance mate ! Thank you

Shaild

Oct 17, 2019
Thanks Shalid , appreciate it! I am not married and being the only son might work in favor.
I have inherited property from my late grandparents , would a registered Will suffice or do I need to get some other documents to show ownership of property? Property documents in India are quite overwhelming and after reading through forum it seems most people submit a net worth report from a CA.. Will that be enough ?

I have some FDs in India which I can show as investment , not much but should be around 10000 CAD.

Besides GIC, full course tution paid receipt, I can manage to show additional CAD 15K. Is that Sufficient ?

please bear my ignorance mate ! Thank you
For single applicants, parents should work as ties. Also you can mention that you intend to marry soon (even if no plans) and you will return home after studies to have the ceremony arranged in India with family (helps with strong home ties).

CA certificate is usually handy if you want to show it as POF. For strong home ties, registration documents of your property should suffice. I have recently done it myself from India & I cant agree more with you how painful that process is.

Along with fees, GIC, I would still suggest to show your bank statement/FD's to show as much as you can on top of first years expense.

Saurabh29

Star Member
Jan 9, 2021
Bahrain
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Shaild,
Thanks once again for your inputs. If I have a registered will of my grandparents which proves that I am the legal heir .. will that be ok ? Or do I need to register the property in my name ? I am rightful owner by inheritance.
Cheers mate

Saurabh29

Star Member
Jan 9, 2021
Bahrain
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Hello Everyone..
Any Canadian study permit applicants from Bahrain for fall 2021 Intake ? I submitted my visa file on 24th May so thought to connect with people who are probably in the same boat or have got their decision .. Let’s connect

HSpb

May 22, 2021
Hello Everyone..
Any Canadian study permit applicants from Bahrain for fall 2021 Intake ? I submitted my visa file on 24th May so thought to connect with people who are probably in the same boat or have got their decision .. Let’s connect
Hello Dear! I also applied but my application is a work permit on march 10 2021

MeherHamza

Sep 20, 2021
Hi Iam pakistani but recently iam living in bahrain as dependent iam studying in university of Bahrain bsc accounting and this is my last year Iam planining to study in canada at red river college pg diploma after complete my study
Can anyone help me
What decuments i need to apply for study permit ?
I searched and found that
I need acceptence letter
, proof of funds
, passport
, and fill some forms

But Iam not sure what kind of proof of funds i want to show
Iam planning to open gic account but not sure can i open gic as resident of bahrain

Please anyone can help me with right decuments i need to show with detail

Ulfat Ali

Aug 17, 2022
Salam,

Hope you have already reached canada Brother i need to ask you how to apply for GIC from Bahrain what address did you mentioned there?
Shaild,
Thanks once again for your inputs. If I have a registered will of my grandparents which proves that I am the legal heir .. will that be ok ? Or do I need to register the property in my name ? I am rightful owner by inheritance.
Cheers mate