AOR Received.
12-11-2015
Med's Done....
16-11-2015
Passport Req..
21-04-2016
LANDED..........
15-07-2016
I first created and submitted my profile on 18 Sep (1 a.m. EDT) and got my ITA on the same day :eek:

So, am I right in thinking that I have to have submitted the PR app form, all the docs from the Checklist (I haven't finished the PR application, so I don't know what's going to be in it), notarized translations of the docs and all the letters of explanation BY 18 NOV?

arsh_canada

Sep 18, 2015
Hi Asivad , Seniors

Is it good to appoint a representative lawyer to submit the application ?

While creating the profile I remember I didn't check the option of appointing representatiove to submit on my behalf . Can I still appoint a lawyer to submit my application.

Regds

Jkal

Jul 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
EE
IELTS Request
R9 L8 S7 W6.5
Passport Req..
20-04-2016
arsh_canada said:
Hi Asivad , Seniors

Is it good to appoint a representative lawyer to submit the application ?

While creating the profile I remember I didn't check the option of appointing representatiove to submit on my behalf . Can I still appoint a lawyer to submit my application.

Regds
You can but you don't need to. Its straight forward thing. With the help of forum and a careful heart, you can do this by ur own.

rooney23

Sep 22, 2015
I also got the invitation at 450. Just passed. I haven't started anything except applied for PCC. I am currently in India. Congratulations to all who have received ITA and best of luck to all those are still waiting.

monsier2186

Sep 15, 2015
India
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
TBD
rooney23 said:
I also got the invitation at 450. Just passed. I haven't started anything except applied for PCC. I am currently in India.
Dont worry.Even I have started now. If you read all the instructions carefully and get the documentation, its very straightforward. Let us know if you need any help. :)

sherille

Sep 23, 2015
Hi guys I applied last July Expression of Interest or skilled worker and applying for Manitoba got relative there too and my score 689 and until now I have not receive a letter of advice to apply? And how long does it take to wait for the LAA. I already took the IELTS . Can somebody help me what to do or should I apply for Federal Skilled Worker instead? Your feedback would be highly appreciated guys

Many thanks

rooney23

Sep 22, 2015
I have a doubt while going further. Any help or suggestions will be really appreciated.

I am working full time in clinical research in a hospital cum medical institute and simultaneously I am enrolled as Ph. D. student full time from the same institute. So far I have not done anything in Ph. D. as I have not received any grants to fund my research but I have completed the coursework which was about 3 months only (2 hrs a day), but I have notified CIC about my enrollment in Ph. D. as I have applied for a TRV earlier. I have read on cic website "You can count part-time work toward the work experience requirement, as long as you were not a full-time student at the time."

Now I have a doubt whether my work experience in clinical research will be accepted or not. Since my work experience and education is full time, I have no idea what to do. Kindly guide as early as possible.

Liara

Star Member
Sep 17, 2015
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
12-11-2015
Med's Done....
16-11-2015
Passport Req..
21-04-2016
LANDED..........
15-07-2016
rooney23 said:
I have a doubt while going further. Any help or suggestions will be really appreciated.

I am working full time in clinical research in a hospital cum medical institute and simultaneously I am enrolled as Ph. D. student full time from the same institute. So far I have not done anything in Ph. D. as I have not received any grants to fund my research but I have completed the coursework which was about 3 months only (2 hrs a day), but I have notified CIC about my enrollment in Ph. D. as I have applied for a TRV earlier. I have read on cic website "You can count part-time work toward the work experience requirement, as long as you were not a full-time student at the time."

Now I have a doubt whether my work experience in clinical research will be accepted or not. Since my work experience and education is full time, I have no idea what to do. Kindly guide as early as possible.
Had the same qualms a while age, but then it was explained to me that the "no-experience-while-being-a-full-time-student-counts" rule only applies to those who worked and studied full-time IN CANADA and who are trying to qualify for CEC. If you are applying under FSW, the experience is relevant. There are precedents of people claiming their experience obtained when they were full-time students and getting PR.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Liara said:
Had the same qualms a while age, but then it was explained to me that the "no-experience-while-being-a-full-time-student-counts" rule only applies to those who worked and studied full-time IN CANADA and who are trying to qualify for CEC. If you are applying under FSW, the experience is relevant. There are precedents of people claiming their experience obtained when they were full-time students and getting PR.
I think the OP is in Canada and that complicates their situation.

As they've already informed CIC about their study status (and are most likely in Canada on a study visa), it is unlikely that they will be able to claim this work experience.

Liara

Star Member
Sep 17, 2015
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
12-11-2015
Med's Done....
16-11-2015
Passport Req..
21-04-2016
LANDED..........
15-07-2016
Asivad Anac said:
I think the OP is in Canada and that complicates their situation.

As they've already informed CIC about their study status (and are most likely in Canada on a study visa), it is unlikely that they will be able to claim this work experience.
Oh, right. TRV. Missed that part.

infidel

Dec 17, 2014
Forum experts,
I got my ITA on the 18th and immediately initiated work on PCCs for me and spouse. In my case I will need PCCs from 4 countries including RCMP and home country as i lived for more than 6 months in these countries. I have a few issues on which i need some opinion of Gurus -
1. I am currently in Canada and my wife is in India. Can we apply separately for PCCs and medicals? If yes where can i find resources to ensure my wife can followup on RCMP PCC and medicals from India?
2. What do i do next on MyCIC profile?
3. How, when and where do I pay the fees?
4. Where can I obtain a personalized document checklist to understand what I need to arrange for the next few weeks?
5. Any other tips and tricks that Gurus have?

ash137

Star Member
May 15, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re-posting from another thread in the hope of getting a response ..

Hi All,

I had some queries while filling up the form and related questions -

1. I am assuming we need to provide Address details for each travel (even the 1 week types), correct ?
2. Completeness check for Address History was not complete, till I added details from my DOB 10 years ago to date, I thought it would be 10 years from the date of ITA. Anyone noticed similar issues ?
3. I have ref letter for employment of 8 years on Primary NOC. Should I remove my current employment details from Employment section and only add to Personal details, as I do not have a reference letter from my current employer.
4. My wife had a maiden name (name before marriage) which I mentioned in the section for other names used. What documentation would be required for proof of Name change after marriage ?

Inputs from seniors on these queries would be very helpful.

Thanks

vvarma

Jul 18, 2015
vvarma said:
Hi...I received the ITA last week, but till yet i don't see that "additional table". Does this look like a technical error? Need to point out that I created a new GCKey and had transferred my application to it, after receiving the ITA (since the older GCKey got locked). Seems like only one table got transferred...

Anybody knows this issue or a resolution?
Anybody with a similar problem who was able to get a resolution....please help. I don't see the "Applications section" to start my application or the orange "Decline Invitation" button either. I have sent a CSE under "Technical Issue" - but so far no response!

rooney23

Sep 22, 2015
I am in India. However, I have a valid TRV to Canada and I am going there for a few days to write an exam. My query is almost answered that while applying under FSW, a full time work with full time Ph. D. is relevant work experience to apply under EE. I just request if some one can send me the link of the rule on CIC website so that I can get my documents ready in time and submit the same.

AAA2133

Dec 17, 2014
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2015
Doc's Request.