Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
03-11-2015
Med's Done....
08-11-2015
Passport Req..
30-03-2016
Asivad and seniors

Regarding POF. I am the PA and my husband as accompanying spouse.

- We borrowed some part of the required money from my dad last year in anticipation of FSW2014 sometime around the month of October + we had our own savings
- This year for sending application to Ontario my husband transferred the money in my account on 26th June and we created a Fixed deposit by end of June.
- Now I got an ITA on Sept 8 for which I need to show POF to CIC. Will these be enough for CIC to show POF (will be submitting my e-app by end of October):

1. My bank statements for the past six months. And a bank letter stating my average balance for the last six months along with the FD amount.
2. My husband's account statements for the past six months along with the official bank letter showing the average account balance (which will be slightly over the required settlement funds for our family)
3. Mutual fund statements in my name - just as a add on to the savings account and FD

Over and above this should I also submit a LOE stating that the money transferred by spouse is a gift to be used for our family's settlement in Canada? Since the required money was there in my husband's account for more than 6 months now, I hope we don't need to submit a declaration and gift deed from my father, as I don't want to complicate the situation here. I hope CIC will not question us further on the source of funds in my husband's account?

Seniors your response is awaited

thanks in anticipation

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sita1987 said:
1. My bank statements for the past six months. And a bank letter stating my average balance for the last six months along with the FD amount.
2. My husband's account statements for the past six months along with the official bank letter showing the average account balance (which will be slightly over the required settlement funds for our family)
3. Mutual fund statements in my name - just as a add on to the savings account and FD

Over and above this should I also submit a LOE stating that the money transferred by spouse is a gift to be used for our family's settlement in Canada? Since the required money was there in my husband's account for more than 6 months now, I hope we don't need to submit a declaration and gift deed from my father, as I don't want to complicate the situation here. I hope CIC will not question us further on the source of funds in my husband's account?
Along with 1, prudent to attach the LOE and a signed self-declaration from the spouse about the transfer being a gift not a loan hence need not be returned to them at any point in time. Also prudent to attach proof of bank transfer showing debit from their account and credit into your account.

2 is a useful add-on.

3 isn't required in the presence of 1 and 2.

As the money has been around for more than 6 months (and more precisely, because the spouse's 6 month average balance will not show a great variation from their present balance), CIC will not question the source of funds in their account so no need to document any declaration/gift deed from your father.

Overall, very comprehensive documentation. All the best!

Sita1987

Star Member
Jun 9, 2015
New Delhi
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
03-11-2015
Med's Done....
08-11-2015
Passport Req..
30-03-2016
Asivad Anac said:
Overall, very comprehensive documentation. All the best!
Thank you so much Asivad..U have been of such a great help for countless forum members along with me at every step of the express entry process.
Wishing u the very best for your application...if anyone truly deserves Canadian PR it is U!

Dreams1985

Sep 17, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Asivad and Seniors please help

Regarding POF , my bank balance is above the funds needed for 3 family members. However it is combination of both me and my wife salary.
My bank is ready to give me 6 m bank statement and letter stating my average balance for last 6 months which is above settlement funds required by CIC.

In that case Do i need to take any LOE from my spouse. And if yes what should be the format of LOE and Do i need to submit my spouse bank statement as well. I am planning to upload my spouse pay slips and offer letter. Which will show that Spouse is working

ALso bank from where i am taking statments and letter is not my salary account. Every month we used to transfer our salary into this bank account.

Will it not create any problem in my application. Please guide

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dreams1985 said:
Hi Asivad and Seniors please help

Regarding POF , my bank balance is above the funds needed for 3 family members. However it is combination of both me and my wife salary.
My bank is ready to give me 6 m bank statement and letter stating my average balance for last 6 months which is above settlement funds required by CIC.

In that case Do i need to take any LOE from my spouse. And if yes what should be the format of LOE and Do i need to submit my spouse bank statement as well. I am planning to upload my spouse pay slips and offer letter. Which will show that Spouse is working

ALso bank from where i am taking statments and letter is not my salary account. Every month we used to transfer our salary into this bank account.

Will it not create any problem in my application. Please guide
You will not need to attach anything except the bank letter which has all required details PROVIDED the 6 months average balance in this account is in the same ballpark range (10-15% variation is fine) as your present balance.

Only if that is not the case will you have to start worrying about source of funds and everything else you've mentioned comes into the picture then.

Dreams1985

Sep 17, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:
You will not need to attach anything except the bank letter which has all required details PROVIDED the 6 months average balance in this account is in the same ballpark range (10-15% variation is fine) as your present balance.

Only if that is not the case will you have to start worrying about source of funds and everything else you've mentioned comes into the picture then.
God Bless you. I really wish and will be happy if you get PR. I will feel that as if my PR has come. Thanks once again

monsier2186

Sep 15, 2015
India
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
TBD
Asivad Anac said:

I beg to differ here. We are supposed to show the 6 month average statements for all our bank accounts, including Credit accounts. If the candidate has an account which is a salary account & the other is normal account, you should show both the statements & not just the 6 monthly average of just 1 account. If even in 1 bank, your 6month avg. is more than minimum required funds, you are good to go.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Document requirements :

The applicant should provide official letter(s) from financial institution(s) that list all current bank and investment accounts as well as outstanding debts such as credit card debts and loans.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
monsier2186 said:
I beg to differ here. We are supposed to show the 6 month average statements for all our bank accounts, including Credit accounts. If the candidate has an account which is a salary account & the other is normal account, you should show both the statements & not just the 6 monthly average of just 1 account. If even in 1 bank, your 6month avg. is more than minimum required funds, you are good to go.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Document requirements :

The applicant should provide official letter(s) from financial institution(s) that list all current bank and investment accounts as well as outstanding debts such as credit card debts and loans.
Not really.

CIC isn't prying into your financial profile. All they want to know conclusively is that you have unfettered access to the minimum required funds and that such funds are unencumbered. As long as you prove that to them, nothing else is required.

nickarter84

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2014
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
LANDED..........
10-08-2016
Hi asivad

I have query regarding address

I am living in kuwait and i recently changed the flat
So on my civil id document , its the address of old flat
Also on my nomination certificate it is of old flat

What should i do because in my police report it would be until the previous flat?

Another problem is that , in my national id, i have an address written which is almost 9 years old
Means i left that home before 9 years and then i have rented another home and living since 9 years
But never changed the old address

When i am filling my home country's police clearance application form
It is asking for only one address and duration

If i fill the old address in the form for police clearance
Is there any problem ? Because i am living in the new home for 9 years

Actually my mother and father living there for 9 years because i came to kuwait in 2009
So it would be 3 years

Please guide

DrMr22

Sep 20, 2015
Hi Everybody,

I received ITA as well (450), and Im one of the guys who applied for PR last year but because of "reached cap", my application was returned.

From that time, last year November I have my police certificate translated and assured by ATIO member. Can I use that translation or I have to get a new one?

For employment records, are pay stubs and justification letter enough or I have to upload sheet with working hours and pictures from my work as well?

One more thing, when you got to the point where you have to fill out "Personal history" form and when your status is unemployed, is it ok to leave N/A for Employer/School/Facility?

Thank you,

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nickarter84 said:
Hi asivad

I have query regarding address

I am living in kuwait and i recently changed the flat
So on my civil id document , its the address of old flat
Also on my nomination certificate it is of old flat

What should i do because in my police report it would be until the previous flat?

Don't get a PCC from Kuwait till CIC asks you for it. And I'm not sure about the regulations for Kuwai but I imagine you will have to provide your current address.

Another problem is that , in my national id, i have an address written which is almost 9 years old
Means i left that home before 9 years and then i have rented another home and living since 9 years
But never changed the old address

When i am filling my home country's police clearance application form
It is asking for only one address and duration

If i fill the old address in the form for police clearance
Is there any problem ? Because i am living in the new home for 9 years

Actually my mother and father living there for 9 years because i came to kuwait in 2009
So it would be 3 years

Please guide

Yet again, I imagine you should provide your current address and let the authorities deal with the rest. CIC won't bother if the address on your PCC (if it is indeed mentioned on that document) is different from the address on your passport.

nickarter84

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2014
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
LANDED..........
10-08-2016
Cic asked for multiple pcc

I have applied for pcc in kuwait

In their database, they have my last 2 addresses are there, i suppose

But i just changed the home one month ago
So still have the old address on civil id
I have mentioned the new one, in order not to make any misrepresentation

Is there any rejection happened on the basis of these grounds

madToothbrush

Star Member
Feb 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
More I read about proof of funds, more confusion it is causing.

I've put my funds in fixed deposits but FDs are of of 3 months duration each, which are auto renewed post 3 months period.
Now, trouble is, even though I've sufficient amount, no FD is older than 3 months at any given time.

I'm worried now, will this be a problem ?

sidaktoronto

Sep 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
228X
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 7, 2015
Doc's Request.
October 28, 2015
Nomination.....
September 12, 2015
AOR Received.
October 7, 2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with EE Application
File Transfer...
Not Applicable
Med's Request
Submitted with EE Application
Med's Done....
October 6, 2015
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
Feb 19, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 24, 2016
LANDED..........
March 8, 2016
Hi guys,

Just a quick question about POF.
I have a shared account with my spouse in which I have required fund for immigration from last six months.

Do I Need to provide an extra letter of explanation from my spouse that these funds can be used for immigration or its fine simply with statements and letter from bank about average 6 month balance.