+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sent to Wrong Unit

seunn

Oct 13, 2011
Hi,

I sent my WP application to wrong unit in Vegreville (unit 202 instead of 555). Thought I would be getting it this week as they're currently processing the applications after Aug 1. Currently it's 66 days for unit 202 and 121 days for 555.

I got a job offer and it's once in a life time opportunity but I told them I'd be getting it this month. I've been crying since morning for this stupid mistake.

Please advise what I should do to speed up this process? I rang call centre but they told me either send a brand new application or wait for the other one. I'll lose this job offer if I wait 2 more months. Should I contact PM? I really don't know what to do.

Please advise.

seunn

Oct 13, 2011
Or is there any fax number for Vegreville so I can send them a fax explaining my situation so they can pull up my file and send it to the right unit.. I'd really appreciate your guidance for this matter.

Lakeshore

Feb 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vagerville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
February 17, 2012
File Transfer...
April 16, 2013
Interview........
waiting
Don't worry. They will send your work permit to the right unit. It's happened to me before.

seunn

Oct 13, 2011
Thanks for reply Lakeshore but the person I spoke on the phone told me I have to wait for another 2 months to get it because Unit 202's processing time for WP is 121 days. And apparently they're not even opening the envelopes to review before that time.

livmckella

Aug 28, 2011
it happened to me too..I went to local cic office to get a temporary copy of my work permit bcoz i needed to start the job,..thats when i found out that they didt rcvd any documents from me (it wasnt a registered mail.)..i got worried i wud have to reapply again.d officer just said GUDLUCK! to my teary eyes..i was planning to go back to cic office after a week,,,surprisingly,,i checked d mailbox b4 i was about to leave and there it was./.

Regdor

Sep 27, 2011
Lakeshore said:
Don't worry. They will send your work permit to the right unit. It's happened to me before.
hi how long did you receive your work permit after learning it was sent to wrong unit? Hoping for your reply...

Regdor

Sep 27, 2011
livmckella said:
it happened to me too..I went to local cic office to get a temporary copy of my work permit bcoz i needed to start the job,..thats when i found out that they didt rcvd any documents from me (it wasnt a registered mail.)..i got worried i wud have to reapply again.d officer just said GUDLUCK! to my teary eyes..i was planning to go back to cic office after a week,,,surprisingly,,i checked d mailbox b4 i was about to leave and there it was./.
Hi.. Was your application sent to wrong unit?. How long did you wait for it? Hope to read your reply..

Regdor

Sep 27, 2011
seunn said:
Thanks for reply Lakeshore but the person I spoke on the phone told me I have to wait for another 2 months to get it because Unit 202's processing time for WP is 121 days. And apparently they're not even opening the envelopes to review before that time.
Hi.. Any update on your ork permit? Have you received it? If so, when? Did it take 2 mos really? Pls reply. Thanks..