+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sent Passports to Ottawa after PPR in September

bj291

Star Member
Jan 23, 2015
I just received my PPR this morning; I hope someone can help me with the requirements for sending photos with passports to Ottawa office. As per CIC website for sending photos it says -

Photo essentials
I. The two photos must be taken by a commercial photographer
II. The name and complete address of the photo studio as well as
the date the photo was taken must be included on the back of
one photo. The photographer may use a stamp or handwrite
this information. Stick-on labels are unacceptable.

My question is - do we have to go to a professional photographer to get their details stamped? The reason I ask this is because I am in the US and I don't have a professional photographer near me so I am wondering if I can go to any drugstore or Fedex store and get the photos clicked or not? Any help will be appreciated....TIA!

mrazzak

Star Member
Aug 5, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-05-2015
Doc's Request.
02, 09, 17-06-2015
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
10-05-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Med's Done....
NA
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
05-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
20-10-2015
LANDED..........
24-10-2015
bj291 said:
I just received my PPR this morning; I hope someone can help me with the requirements for sending photos with passports to Ottawa office. As per CIC website for sending photos it says -

Photo essentials
I. The two photos must be taken by a commercial photographer
II. The name and complete address of the photo studio as well as
the date the photo was taken must be included on the back of
one photo. The photographer may use a stamp or handwrite
this information. Stick-on labels are unacceptable.

My question is - do we have to go to a professional photographer to get their details stamped? The reason I ask this is because I am in the US and I don't have a professional photographer near me so I am wondering if I can go to any drugstore or Fedex store and get the photos clicked or not? Any help will be appreciated....TIA!
Drug store or Super Store photograph will work as they will stamp the date and their name on the back of one photograph and just date on others.

I_love_van

May 11, 2015
Thanks God! Mycic updated to approved and application was closed today.
PPR on Sep.25, sent PP on Sep.26, PP received by CIC on Sep.30. Today got approved in mycic account finally! ;) :p :p

theDream2015

Star Member
Sep 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I_love_van said:
Thanks God! Mycic updated to approved and application was closed today.
PPR on Sep.25, sent PP on Sep.26, PP received by CIC on Sep.30. Today got approved in mycic account finally! ;) :p :p

congratulations...any news on return tracker?

gkdeore

Sep 21, 2015
My application status changed to "Approved" yesterday, but postal tracker not activated yet..
I've seen an example in this thread where the tracker wasn't activated till 4 hours prior to the actual delivery of passports..
I wouldn't worry much about the tracker.. One should receive the passports within 2-3 business days after the myCIC change..

JAMN

May 15, 2015
gkdeore said:
My application status changed to "Approved" yesterday, but postal tracker not activated yet..
I've seen an example in this thread where the tracker wasn't activated till 4 hours prior to the actual delivery of passports..
I wouldn't worry much about the tracker.. One should receive the passports within 2-3 business days after the myCIC change..
My tracker is not activated till now..what does it mean,,its more than 2weeks.should i need to call cic or wait,,please friends help me

theDream2015

Star Member
Sep 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JAMN said:
My tracker is not activated till now..what does it mean,,its more than 2weeks.should i need to call cic or wait,,please friends help me

send them an email on the same email address that you got PPR from and then call them as well for your own peace of mind

gkdeore

Sep 21, 2015
JAMN said:
My passports were received in Ottawa on 30th.. Tracker just got activated today (15th)..
It took 2 weeks.. Don't lose any sleep over it.. You should be getting your passports delivered in a couple of days..

mrazzak

Star Member
Aug 5, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-05-2015
Doc's Request.
02, 09, 17-06-2015
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
10-05-2015
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Med's Done....
NA
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
05-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
20-10-2015
LANDED..........
24-10-2015
MyCIC updated to Approved but still no sign of return tracker to get activated. Nothing to do but to wait more.

harry96

Star Member
Feb 27, 2013
theDream2015 said:
send them an email on the same email address that you got PPR from and then call them as well for your own peace of mind
Do they have a number to call?? My passport was received on Oct 9. But m more worried about change of VO for my spouse who's ot of Canada. Dunno when will they change. If you call cic's no. Agents dun have any info regarding emails to cpc-ctd-ottawa. God knows whats happening :S

JAMN

May 15, 2015
gkdeore said:
My passports were received in Ottawa on 30th.. Tracker just got activated today (15th)..
It took 2 weeks.. Don't lose any sleep over it.. You should be getting your passports delivered in a couple of days..
Hello dear,
Two weeks means 14 working days excluding off and all..they received my passport on 25 sept,
But still its not activated thats why u m worried..cic agents r also not able to desceibe
Any thing..really confused...

iceberge

Jan 19, 2015
Toronto Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
INLAND OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
April 7, 2015
Nomination.....
ITA April 10
AOR Received.
AOR April 10
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
November 2, 2015
LANDED..........
November 11, 2015
theDream2015 said:
In CIC website written, the photo with the photographer’s information must include
your name and date of birth. One photo should be left blank.

I think if someone don't write date on the other photo's should be fine.