COCOSTING

Star Member
Aug 3, 2009
London
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Finally sent my passport to the New Delhi office from London via DHL.
I am not from the fast track scheme and have waited for over six years and I did not want to let it go now coz I did not have any body to carry my passport back to India. Its a big risk but I did not have any choice.... Request you all to pray for me so that it all goes well.

canadacalling

Nov 3, 2009
Dont worry Bro...
U will have them between 15th-20th of Decand may be before that Mark my words.
All the best
God bless u and ur family

singh123

Apr 24, 2009
COCOSTING said:
Finally sent my passport to the New Delhi office from London via DHL.
I am not from the fast track scheme and have waited for over six years and I did not want to let it go now coz I did not have any body to carry my passport back to India. Its a big risk but I did not have any choice.... Request you all to pray for me so that it all goes well.
Good Luck mate. Hope all turns out to be positive.

Can you kindly help answer the following questions:

1) When you couriered through DHL did you disclose it on the courier disclosure form?

2) Did DHL have any issues with regard to sending the passport out of UK? As I believe that these days they do not allow you to seal the package by yourself and the DHL driver does that after verification of the contents of the courier package.

3) How do you plan to get the passports back from Delhi once the stamping is done?

4) Please could you kindly share your AOR or month of application.

Kindly keep the forum updated on the developments.

Your help in answering the above is much appreciated.

Cheers.

COCOSTING

Star Member
Aug 3, 2009
London
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey guys , my passport reached safely, thanks for all your good wishes.

Singh, see below for the answers to your questions,

Good Luck mate. Hope all turns out to be positive.

Can you kindly help answer the following questions:

1) When you couriered through DHL did you disclose it on the courier disclosure form?

I went to an agent of DHL, actually it was an agent of Fedex and DHL, I was told that only Fedex will do it with a disclosure however the agent checked with the head office as there was a special mention regarding Indian passports with Fedex and the head office informed him that they do not do Indian passports, He then checked with the DHL head office aqnd could not get hold of them, lol and since there was no special mention of any Indian passports with them he took it without any disclousre. Frankly I think not many people know about the indian passports thing and you just have to try a few courier agents and one will surely take it. It is a little risky but when you have no other option left you got to do it.

2) Did DHL have any issues with regard to sending the passport out of UK? As I believe that these days they do not allow you to seal the package by yourself and the DHL driver does that after verification of the contents of the courier package.

I did not seal the package but as mentioned earlier not many people know about it, I was lucky that the DHL head office could not be contacted.

3) How do you plan to get the passports back from Delhi once the stamping is done?

I Have someone coming back from India who will bring it along

4) Please could you kindly share your AOR or month of application.
Mate, you dont want to know this,lol. I am not on the fasttrack method, I applied about 6 years ago and at that time there was no fasttrack unless you had a job offer.

Kindly keep the forum updated on the developments.

Your help in answering the above is much appreciated.

Cheers.

singh123

Apr 24, 2009
Many thanks for your reply. Much appreciated.

Since you have got the passport delivered to delhi it seems that all should be ok as per your plan to get it back through someone. All the best for the stamping.

I am a Jan 2004 applicant and waiting since ages for delhi to process my application. I think we are in the same boat, with my trailing yours. So if you could kindly share your month/year or aor of application it will be helpful.

I have checked with mailboxes etc and they said no to courier the passport to India. Did you use other service provider? Can you kindly share the courier contact details.

Cheers.