+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sensitive questions worst scenario ( for info only)

Clorets90

Apr 17, 2017
Hello everyone !

I like this community that helps me very much in settling easier in Canada! my respect to anyone who reads and answers my questions.....
I have few questions I would like to know the results if they might happen in Canada what I am supposed to do.....

1: what will happen to me if someone have access to my SIN number ? i.e ( Lost inside Canada) what will be the worst scenario and solution
2: what will happen to me if I lose my wallet that has PR CARD inside along with my health card ! ?
3: what I should do in those cases ? will get new cards and a new SIN number ?
4: what will happen to me if I lost my Landing papers ? assuming also someone copied them!
lost place in Canada.

I'm asking just in case those happen so what I should be expecting.........

thanks to all

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
1. Using someone's SIN number is identity theft. It is a crime. If you lost the card you should report it ASAP so they can freeze the card.
2. You need to report both of them as lost immediately so they can cancel the cards
4. This is fraud.

This is too many what ifs especially because you usually don't carry your SIN documents around with you. If someone is using your ID with your knowledge you are committing a crime.

Reactions: Clorets90

Clorets90

Apr 17, 2017
1. Using someone's SIN number is identity theft. It is a crime. If you lost the card you should report it ASAP so they can freeze the card.
2. You need to report both of them as lost immediately so they can cancel the cards
4. This is fraud.

This is too many what ifs especially because you usually don't carry your SIN documents around with you. If someone is using your ID with your knowledge you are committing a crime.
Thanks sir I'm just asking to have information about my new country.
Really appreciate your reply

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
4) Not only if it s fraud. In addition, you will have to send an application to IRCC to get a document call "verification of status" to replace the landing paper.

Clorets90

Apr 17, 2017
4) Not only if it s fraud. In addition, you will have to send an application to IRCC to get a document call "verification of status" to replace the landing paper.
Thank you sir...so calling 911 will not help?
Thanks

Clorets90

Apr 17, 2017
Are you kidding?? 911 is for emergencies like murder or home invasion..not fraud
No sir not kidding I'm new here I don't know what are the right things to do all what I know here is when we have problem we call 911.
Now I know with your help.
Thank you very much for your reply.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
911 is for emergencies only. Things like robbery in your home, medical emergencies, fire.....things like that. If you’ve lost or had your stuff stolen, the police have a regular phone number to call, or just go see them.

Clorets90

Apr 17, 2017
Would be much easier if you actually tell us what is actually going on. When did you lose these documents>. Has someone taken them and are they using them?
Nothing happened sir I'm just trying to learn what IF this kind of thing happens...
Thank you for your time to reply.

Clorets90

Apr 17, 2017
It is 100% new community & country to me so I don't like to be in a situation that i can't or don't know what steps should I take !
For the bank issue last time your reply helped me so much we got 3 credit cards from Scotia bank for 2000 limit!
I love this forum !!!!!
I just don't know anything here in daily life situations..
Thanks.

mgnlky

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2016
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
04-11-2016
Passport Req..
22-3-2017
LANDED..........
04-09-2017
It is 100% new community & country to me so I don't like to be in a situation that i can't or don't know what steps should I take !
For the bank issue last time your reply helped me so much we got 3 credit cards from Scotia bank for 2000 limit!
I love this forum !!!!!
I just don't know anything here in daily life situations..
Thanks.
Identify theft is not exactly what I would consider a "daily life situation." My advice is to stop thinking and trying to plan for the worse-case scenarios that are probably never going to happen to you.

Clorets90

Apr 17, 2017
Identify theft is not exactly what I would consider a "daily life situation." My advice is to stop thinking and trying to plan for the worse-case scenarios that are probably never going to happen to you.
thank you for reply yes you are 1000000% right ! but is also good to have idea than not knowing anything !

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Nothing happened sir I'm just trying to learn what IF this kind of thing happens...
Thank you for your time to reply.
First thing you should know as a new Canadian is never assume in life or business that you are speaking with a man. SIN number is not something you walk around with. They got rid of the cards to discourage people from walking around with an important number in their wallet. Your passport, health card, driver license, SIN # and PR card should only be used by you and should be protected by you. If you ever lose them you must report exactly like a credit card.

Clorets90

Apr 17, 2017
First thing you should know as a new Canadian is never assume in life or business that you are speaking with a man. SIN number is not something you walk around with. They got rid of the cards to discourage people from walking around with an important number in their wallet. Your passport, health card, driver license, SIN # and PR card should only be used by you and should be protected by you. If you ever lose them you must report exactly like a credit card.
Okay sir I will do in your advice...just now from you I learned that SIN number was a card!!!!!!!
now is paper
Thank you so much