+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sensetive issues with PR renewal

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
Thanks guys
So if. I apply in Sept.. Don't I have a good chance.. Because then they will look back 5 years exactly.. So thn I will have 730 days in my bag.. Isn't that enough?
I am really confused
Enough for what? It matters.

If you are STAYING in Canada after you apply, YES, that is enough . . . that is, that's enough to NOT be reported and lose PR status. And enough to eventually be issued a new PR card.

That is NOT enough to avoid a significant risk of non-routine processing resulting in a longer timeline to get a new PR card.

So, as long as you STAY in Canada, it is enough to keep PR status and eventually be issued a new PR card . . . maybe in six or ten weeks; maybe not for three, six, or ten months.

BUT more importantly, it may NOT be enough to save your PR status if you leave Canada in the near future and are outside Canada long enough for your days-present-within-last-five-years to decrease below 730.
-- Remember, if you are outside Canada after September 10 the number of days you get credit for will begin to decrease, as the corresponding date in 2014 drops out of the calculation (days more than 5 years in the past do not count).
-- Remember, you will need to continue staying in compliance after you apply for a PR card.
-- -- And this applies even if you do get a new PR card (new PR card does NOT restart the clock).​

That is, if you leave Canada after applying for a new PR card in September, NO that might not be enough. DEPENDING on how many days over 730 you have and how many days you stay abroad.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
End of the day a decision has to be made does the OP want to make a life in Canada or Kuwait, not really possible to maintain both forever so at some point one or other could be lost.

Many people have tried to maintain more than one status in different countries until something unexpected comes up and then the whole situation just collapses and they lose one or other status, often the one on reflection they did not want to lose, maybe in this case Canada PR.

Does the OP not even want to try for citizenship which would make this current path even more unrealistic to maintain.

Mahdieh_T

Jul 23, 2019
If I apply in Sept first week, do I have to mention about my absence from July, 2014 to Sept 10,2014 in the application?
Will they take into account this particular absence while looking at the RO?
No, you need to mention any absent since 5 years ago.