+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Seniors/Qorax Please help....bad landing experience....!!

Samsami

May 6, 2013
Hi,
I recently landed by car, BUT at the POE the IO didn't accept my friend's address for sending the PR card and told me it's against the law to send the card to others address, etc....and gave me an address notification form (IMM 5456) and told me whenever you settled, fill it out and send (with lease contract attached)...., but I should return to the US due to some courses remained!,... what shall I do in this regard????
Also, the officer didn't stamp the GTF and GAL, and told when you become settler, we do it???? what's happened? it's a new regulation? please guide me...
any thoughts? similar experience???!!!!

Thanks!

MASunny

Apr 20, 2012
I am not an expert but I could sense that you didn't show up your intention to IOs that you would be a permanent resident. You friends address on top of that angered the IO.

You need to show that you are going to settle in Canada, at least for 2 years. So plan it again.

Samsami said:
Hi,
I recently landed by car, BUT at the POE the IO didn't accept my friend's address for sending the PR card and told me it's against the law to send the card to others address, etc....and gave me an address notification form (IMM 5456) and told me whenever you settled, fill it out and send (with lease contract attached)...., but I should return to the US due to some courses remained!,... what shall I do in this regard????
Also, the officer didn't stamp the GTF and GAL, and told when you become settler, we do it???? what's happened? it's a new regulation? please guide me...
any thoughts? similar experience???!!!!

Thanks!

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You need to send the form within 6 months of your landing, otherwise you would need to pay an extra $50 for a new PR card.

For the GTF and GAL, follow the officer's instruction. You can submit them on your next arrival.