Waived off
Passport Req..
12 Aug 2013; Passport Sent: 22-Aug-2013
VISA ISSUED...
23-August-2013
LANDED..........
19-October-2013
Hi All,

I received my medical request on 16th January 2012 along with the Medical form (section A) which we need to carry to the DMP so that the Medical tests can be done.

Whats the process after this with regards to timeline?

Once the Medicals has been submitted by the DMP how long do i need to wait because I am in a dilemma and need some serious help/advice.

Q1) My 5 year old kids passport is expiring in September 2012, how soon should i apply for a new passport for him?

Q2) We are expecting another baby around may, so should we wait for the baby to be born and then do the medicals together once we get another medical request OR

Q3) Should we complete our medicals now and then do the medicals separately for the baby after its birth ??

Q4) My agent mentioned to me that we can always inform CIC about change in family composition and CIC will then wait till they get all the documents for the new born baby before they send me another Medical Request Form ? I am worried because I was not sure if it is a good idea to wait or just do the medicals now? (Deadline is March 01st for me to send my updated FBI records, get my Medical tests done and Pay the RPRF fees).

Q5) Once the Medicals are done how long does it take for CIC to request for Passport? (Is there/could there be any other information they ask after medicals and before the passport)??

Right now they have asked for our Updated FBI record since the last time we submitted the FBI record is more than an 1 1/2 years old. They have also asked for me to pay the RPRF fees within the next 60 days and ofcourse the Medical Forms which the DMP will send once we complete our tests.

My only concern and worry is about the medicals (to do it now or wait and do it after the baby is born) ?
Hope all the experienced and senior members help me get some answers to my doubts ?

As of now my current status is as below #

Category: FSW1
Visa Office:
NOC Code: 0213
Pre-Assessed: Yes
App. Filed: 18 FEB 2010
Application Rcvd: 26 FEB 2010
1st AOR Rcvd: 14 April 2010
Additional Docs Request: 14 April 2010
Transfer: 20 April 2010 (Buffalo Office)
IELTS Request: 7.5 Band
Application status: "In Process"
Application Status: 28 Dec 2011 -- "Reviewed and we started processing"
Personal Interview: Waived Off (at this time, might ask for personal interview later stage)
Docs requested: Updated FBI records, MR
Med's Request: 16 Jan 2012
FBI Records: To start the process
Med's Done:
Interview:
Passport Request:
VISA ISSUED:
LANDED: Hope to land in 2012.
Appreciate all response and help.

Thanks !!

kar_thikk

Star Member
Jan 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo Office -- Transferred to Ottawa Office
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Feb 2010
Doc's Request.
26 Feb 2010/14 April 2010
AOR Received.
14 April 2010
IELTS Request
14 April 2010
File Transfer...
20 April 2010
Med's Request
16 Jan 2012/15 May 2013
Med's Done....
24 May 2013
Interview........
Waived off
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
23-August-2013
LANDED..........
19-October-2013
Anybody ???? any help :( :(

PG

Dec 21, 2010
Let me address your some issues based on my experience and what I have known from others.

Q1) My 5 year old kids passport is expiring in September 2012, how soon should i apply for a new passport for him?
Normally the validity of the passport must be more than six months to issue a visa by many countries. I guess you can find this information in the website of Canadian embassy. Probably you will not be issued a visa (see below) in that case it is wise to make a new passport as you will have enough time.

Q2) We are expecting another baby around may, so should we wait for the baby to be born and then do the medicals together once we get another medical request OR

Q3) Should we complete our medicals now and then do the medicals separately for the baby after its birth ??

You all can go for the medical with the provided forms. As far as I know the doctor will not carry out the X-Ray for the pregnant member but all other tests. The pregnant member may get an instruction to carry out the X-Ray when the baby is delivered and when it is convenient. After the delivery you will inform about the new born and will be asked to update application form and provide the birth certificate and related documents of the new born.

Q4) My agent mentioned to me that we can always inform CIC about change in family composition and CIC will then wait till they get all the documents for the new born baby before they send me another Medical Request Form ? I am worried because I was not sure if it is a good idea to wait or just do the medicals now? (Deadline is March 01st for me to send my updated FBI records, get my Medical tests done and Pay the RPRF fees).

Its difficult and not practical to inform about the change in the family composition before the birth! So you have to wait to inform the CIC about new born as your agent mentioned. But you have to inform immediately as it happens. I read in several places that a medical is valid for 1 year.

So I suggest all to appear for the medicals so the doctor decides what to do and corresponds to the concerned medical department in the visa office clarifying the situation. In that way CIC will officially know about the pregnancy (you may also send letter to CIC about it but we didn't).

Q5) Once the Medicals are done how long does it take for CIC to request for Passport? (Is there/could there be any other information they ask after medicals and before the passport)??

Within two months in most cases, but have read some exceptions. Also depends on visa office.

My only concern and worry is about the medicals (to do it now or wait and do it after the baby is born) ?

If you decide not to do the medicals of all the people you must clarify the situation. What I think, only one of the applicant/family member is pregnant, and that does not hinder the medical process for others, (not even for the pregnant person except for X-Ray).

But as a combined PR process all the visas will be issued together irrespective of the time of medical in my understanding.

I don't know what senior member means but I guess I was bit experienced in this matter :)

Now, do not take more stress, relax and have a joyful moment of the arrival of your new family member. Good luck and good health!

kar_thikk

Star Member
Jan 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Feb 2010
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
14 April 2010
IELTS Request
14 April 2010
File Transfer...
20 April 2010
Med's Request
16 Jan 2012/15 May 2013
Med's Done....
24 May 2013
Interview........
Waived off
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
23-August-2013
LANDED..........
19-October-2013
Hi PG,

Thanks for the clarification regarding my doubts. Your answers makes sense, so we will be going for our medicals soon after taking an appointment. By senior I meant advice required from some experienced members of this forum so that I can take a decision appropriately.

Thanks a lot for your suggestions, would like to give +1 to you.

omm

Champion Member
Aug 27, 2009
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
karthik, you get good and enough advice so, dont wait for more replies and it would be wasting your time.
remember after baby birth you ha ve to send baby's documents and even you have to carry POF 1additional applicant (new baby) too. so now here you are 4 people after baby birth so, you have to carry POF for 4 people at landing time.

OMM

kar_thikk said:
Hi PG,

Thanks for the clarification regarding my doubts. Your answers makes sense, so we will be going for our medicals soon after taking an appointment. By senior I meant advice required from some experienced members of this forum so that I can take a decision appropriately.

omm

Champion Member
Aug 27, 2009
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
karthik about PM to you this is the error: User 'kar_thikk' has blocked your personal message.

OMM

kar_thikk

Star Member
Jan 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Feb 2010
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
14 April 2010
IELTS Request
14 April 2010
File Transfer...
20 April 2010
Med's Request
16 Jan 2012/15 May 2013
Med's Done....
24 May 2013
Interview........
Waived off
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
23-August-2013
LANDED..........
19-October-2013
Can you please try again my dear friend !!

PG

Dec 21, 2010
kar_thikk said:
Hi PG,

I am glad that I could be useful for you. I don't know what I am going to do by +1, but you found my answers helpful and useful, that's already bigger +1 for me :) Anyway thank for the appreciation.

omm is right, you may need to show POF if the amount you showed before was not enough accordingly for the additional member.