+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Seniors.Please help!!

jenny.can

Star Member
Jul 1, 2009
Seniors. I have some quick questions. Kindly assist. I am the primary applicant and got my request for medicals and RPRF this week. But since i am pregnant I read threads and answers to your queries that medicals will be delayed.

My questions are that:

1. What is the procedure? Will the doc allow me to take medicals ? I am not sure if I can travel before the birth of my child. So what is your suggestion? What steps do I need to take. Some people are saying that the medic will suggest only some tests and pass the report to CIC saying that I am pregnant. CIC will process it and process my PR and I can add my child later as a dependant.

2. But some are saying , inform CIC and dont take medicals, wait till birth of child and then take action. Not sure if CIC will give me that amount of time...

3. Some are suggesting that you can take medics.. but they wont do some tests like xray etc which will be done only after the birth of the child and the childs application needs to be added only then and PR processed later..

4. Will CIC process the application for PR with some tests pending or will the case be pending till the birth of my child? Kindly provide some thoughts.

Which is the correct version . Any suggestions are most welcome.

Thanks
Jenny

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

jenny.can said:
Seniors. I have some quick questions. Kindly assist. I am the primary applicant and got my request for medicals and RPRF this week. But since i am pregnant I read threads and answers to your queries that medicals will be delayed.

My questions are that:

1. What is the procedure? Will the doc allow me to take medicals ? I am not sure if I can travel before the birth of my child. So what is your suggestion? What steps do I need to take. Some people are saying that the medic will suggest only some tests and pass the report to CIC saying that I am pregnant. CIC will process it and process my PR and I can add my child later as a dependant.

2. But some are saying , inform CIC and dont take medicals, wait till birth of child and then take action. Not sure if CIC will give me that amount of time...

3. Some are suggesting that you can take medics.. but they wont do some tests like xray etc which will be done only after the birth of the child and the childs application needs to be added only then and PR processed later..

4. Will CIC process the application for PR with some tests pending or will the case be pending till the birth of my child? Kindly provide some thoughts.

Which is the correct version . Any suggestions are most welcome.

Thanks
Jenny
1. It is between you and your own doctor whether to have x-rays or not.
2. You must have the complete medical before CIC will process your PR application and issue a visa.
3. If have the medical, and receive the visa, but can't travel before the baby is born, your visa becomes invalid.
4. So you have to inform the processing office that you are pregnant and will have the medical after the child is born. So when the child is born, you have to amend your application, include the particulars of the child, pay the processing fee, and obtain medical instructions for the child and yourself.
5. Your decision between you and your Dr.

PMM

Sonu_685

Dec 1, 2008
My wife also face the same problem and I chose the second option (delay the medical until the birth of the new baby), now I’m waiting for PPR.

jenny.can

Star Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sonu,

Can you please advice on what exactly did you do. How did you communicate to CHC. Did they accept it and provide time till delivery of the child?

Also , are they also going to do a complete check again after the childs birth. Or is it only a re medicals and request for passport?

Please advice.

Thanks
Jenny

ei8ht

Star Member
Jan 11, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
15 Aug 2009
Jenny,

Note PMM's advice, CIC will not issue you the the visas without the full medical exam. probably your DMP also will not accept testing you. And you cannot do X-rays while being pregnant, can you? Even if you are in your 'early pregnancy' stages.

Thus, the only option is to wait till the delivery. Just write to the CHC, email or by post, about your case and ask for the medical extension. the 'web form' is a good option for you to communicate with CIC.

My best wishes to you & congratulations for the baby.

jenny.can

Star Member
Jul 1, 2009
Thank you seniors.

My earlier question was that will CIC do a complete re checking process[ right from stage 1 asking for documents again] because of my pregnancy or will it be a case of me informing CIC about the delivery and only a medicals and passport requested.

Please advice.

Thank you
Jenny

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Hi,

It will be only the meds & PPR.

Don't worry much about it, there will only be a bit of delay due to the delivery. That's about all. No docs will be asked. Your best & important requirement now is to Relax & have a peaceful mind, Ma'am.

All the best to u !!!