+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Seniors Help--Received email from CIC about adding my spouse to CEC Application

cec1412

Jan 29, 2015
Hi all,

I recently got married and I sent an email to CIC to add my spouse. Two days ago I received an email (see below) but I'm confused about two things:

- There was two word documents "Spouse's Relationship Assessment Questionnaire (Marriage), Principal Applicant's Relationship Assessment Questionnaire (Marriage)" attached to this email but they weren't mentioned in the email at all or listed as a required forms. (Do you think I should fill up these documents even though they are NOT listed in the required documents?)

- They never mentioned about paying the application fee for my spouse. (Do I need to wait for them to ask for the payment or I should just send the bank draft?

Email:

----------------------------------------------------------------

Dear XXX XXX XXXX:

We would like to advise you that we have received your letter informing us of your recent change in marital status.

Concerning your spouse:

Please note the following conditions apply if your spouse is NOT a Canadian citizen or has NOT obtained Permanent Residence status in Canada:

1. He/She must provide our office with control documents

2. He/She must undergo a medical examination. The appropriate information and forms will be sent separately.

Important:

Your spouse must undergo a medical examination regardless of whether he/she will be accompanying you to Canada.

Controlled documents required for continued processing:

· Updated IMM0008 Application for Permanent Residence in Canada to be completed by the Principal Applicant

· A completed and signed IMM5406 Additional Family Information by your spouse

· A completed and signed IMM5669 Schedule A by your spouse

· A copy of your spouse’s valid passport

· A copy of your spouse’s birth certificate

· An original police certificate for all countries your spouse has lived for more than 6 months since the age of 18 years; (for more information, consult the following link:

· A copy of your marriage certificate;

· *If applicable*- A divorce certificate for your spouse, if he/she was previously married

*The electronic version of these documents are available through the following link:

How to add your accompanying spouse to your Permanent Resident application:

In order to add your spouse to your application for Permanent Residence, the following must be provided for this person (in addition to the control documents indicated above):

· Four (4) recent passport-size photos. For more information, please consult the following link:

How to submit the requested documents:

All requested documents/information must be accompanied by the outgoing correspondence we have sent to you (i.e. this e-mail or a printed copy of this letter).

Police Certificates:

Please be advised that Police Certificates must be submitted as ORIGINAL documents, in their original PAPER format. We do not accept scanned copies. This document must be sent via postal or courier service to our office at the following address:

With the exception of Police Certificates, please submit the requested documents as scanned attachments and send to the following e-mail address:

CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca

Please note:

All documents must be accompanied by English or French translations.
When original documents are requested, notarised documents are not acceptable.
If you are unable to provide any or all of the requested documents/information, please explain why they are not available.

When should I contact CIC?

You must notify Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) of any changes to your application. Examples of changes include:

· Changes in your personal circumstances, such as birth or adoption of a child, death of a family member, a marriage or a divorce;

· Change of contact information (e-mail, mailing address, telephone number);

· Appointment or change of immigration representative or designated individual;

· Decision to withdraw your application.

Withdrawing your application:

You have the option to withdraw your application at any point in the process. You will be refunded the RPRF if you have already paid it. In order for your application to be withdrawn, it is required that written confirmation be sent to the above address.

Need more information?

For more information concerning your Application status, you may refer to the CIC Help Centre online at

Sincerely,

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for your feedback

himonetwo

Sep 18, 2012
I am in the same situation as yours. How much time CIC takes to respond the email

I have sent them an email stating the Marriage but haven't heard back from them.

Thanks!

Goku

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2014
Category........
himonetwo said:
What should we mention in the Subject Line/Body of the email?
Send in Attention to Program Assistant - CODE (It will be in signing part. Something like JK01022 OR SL4782) or just write "Requested Information; Application #: X1X2X3 UCI: 0000-0000". I personally would prefer the first one.

Also include payment info. form, and those questionnaire CIC has asked you to submit.