+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Seniors, Experts & Strugglers, Opinion needed for Accouting Feild.

tahirmrao

Star Member
May 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London - DRD
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-09-2014
Nomination.....
23-01-2015 PER
Med's Request
16-01-2017
Med's Done....
19-01-2017
Passport Req..
07-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
23-03-2017
Haiderzaidi said:
Lol sure. Well there isn't any auspicious reason then I have more family members in Canada then Australia. I came here for studies & since I am the youngest did not wanted to get over pampered by the elders so I chose Australia. Now since I have ended my studies I am looking forward to reside between my family n friends. To the prior I was born n brought in Kuwait where the life is more of USA/Canada influenced hence it's another weight over the Canada end. Personally I didn't even liked Australia. This doesn't mean something is bad here. People are & had migrated & loved this land to death it's just to me did not appealed alot.
Thanks for your detailed response. Best of luck!

jazibkg

Apr 4, 2014
Haiderzaidi said:
Hey Jazibkg,
I dont those softwares are used anywhere in Canada. Even the quickbooks i learned since i see many small business in canada using quickbooks. However I might get my hands on to those softwares once I land.

Meanwhile I am having my fingers crossed for an MR. If to stab in dark say May/June. Do you mind if i ask you what sort of profession are you related to & how do you know all this?
Used to work in a banking office in the UK. Now working in a billing department of a company in Canada.

My transcript review results from CPA came in a few days back, I'm exempted from around 9 of the 12 initial modules of the CPA PREP. If you have a degree from Australia, you may even get 11 of out 12 exemptions (Canadian Taxation being the exception). When I pass through the PREP, I can study the CPA Professional Education Program (PEP) with the CPA School of Business. On a part-time basis, the process would take 2 years.

First thing to do after you've settled all the formalities in Canada, do apply to CPA of your province. I wish I had started earlier. If you're already qualified as a chartered accountant in Australia, you will have much ease and may not have to go through the examination procedures as different rules apply to 'internationally trained accountants', with mutual recognition agreements.

Haiderzaidi

Sep 12, 2014
Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Awesome. I'll definitely commence CPA as soon as I am done with the primary issues. Are you in Toronto ?

next2015

Nov 18, 2014
Haiderzaidi,
I'm not sure if you finally arrived in Canada, in case your still in Aussie, you should consider starting on the process. It will cut on the waiting time.

All the best.

spensierato

Star Member
May 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 3, 2014
Doc's Request.
Not Applicable
Nomination.....
October 29, 2014
AOR Received.
Not Applicable
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
Not Applicable
Med's Request
January 30, 2015
Med's Done....
February 9, 2015
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
March 3, 3015
jazibkg said:
Used to work in a banking office in the UK. Now working in a billing department of a company in Canada.

My transcript review results from CPA came in a few days back, I'm exempted from around 9 of the 12 initial modules of the CPA PREP. If you have a degree from Australia, you may even get 11 of out 12 exemptions (Canadian Taxation being the exception). When I pass through the PREP, I can study the CPA Professional Education Program (PEP) with the CPA School of Business. On a part-time basis, the process would take 2 years.

First thing to do after you've settled all the formalities in Canada, do apply to CPA of your province. I wish I had started earlier. If you're already qualified as a chartered accountant in Australia, you will have much ease and may not have to go through the examination procedures as different rules apply to 'internationally trained accountants', with mutual recognition agreements.

Hi. I have been reading through the CPA website. I saw that there was a page where I need to fill up my info and have my transcript assessed. I did not start with it yet because my PR application is still in process. Since you are done with the assessment already, I would like to kindly ask how was your degree assessed. Did you send the transcript or did they require your university to send it directly to them? Did they only require the transcript or did they also ask a detailed description of the accounting subjects listed in it? Also, how long was the waiting time for the assessment and how much does it cost? Thanks in advance. :)

Haiderzaidi

Sep 12, 2014
Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
spensierato said:
Hi. I have been reading through the CPA website. I saw that there was a page where I need to fill up my info and have my transcript assessed. I did not start with it yet because my PR application is still in process. Since you are done with the assessment already, I would like to kindly ask how was your degree assessed. Did you send the transcript or did they require your university to send it directly to them? Did they only require the transcript or did they also ask a detailed description of the accounting subjects listed in it? Also, how long was the waiting time for the assessment and how much does it cost? Thanks in advance. :)
You eventually need to get your degree assessed before you start your process. You have to send your transcripts to WES & they shall send you a report in 2 3 weeks time.

Haiderzaidi

Sep 12, 2014
Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
next2015 said:
Haiderzaidi,
I'm not sure if you finally arrived in Canada, in case your still in Aussie, you should consider starting on the process. It will cut on the waiting time.

All the best.
Yes indeed in am already engaged in a process & still in Australia. How much time does it normally take?

Aug 25, 2016
Hello Haiderzaidi,
I recommended you to read accounting software information. If you want to choose accounting field then you need to know about accounting software Quickbooks, sage, Xero, Freshbooks etc.

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
reviving this old thread but would be grateful if someone can shed light.

can anybody shed some light on the status of accounting and finance jobs in Canada in general?

Asking for somebody who just got his ITA and is a finance manager in the UAE (working for a british company and he has done his ACCA. Has been with the company for 5 years).

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
reviving this old thread but would be grateful if someone can shed light.

can anybody shed some light on the status of accounting and finance jobs in Canada in general?

Asking for somebody who just got his ITA and is a finance manager in the UAE (working for a british company and he has done his ACCA. Has been with the company for 5 years).
It is very competitive and pay is less than many position abroad. You have many people trying to leave the Middle East, UK or other financial sectors if they won’t be able to gain citizenship plus you have lots of Canadians returning after working abroad in finance. Canada is a relatively small market so all these people are competing for a finite number of positions.

Reactions: smash1984

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
It is very competitive and pay is less than many position abroad. You have many people trying to leave the Middle East, UK or other financial sectors if they won’t be able to gain citizenship plus you have lots of Canadians returning after working abroad in finance. Canada is a relatively small market so all these people are competing for a finite number of positions.
Thank you canuck, I might have been slightly unclear, his job is mostly based in accounting (more book keeping rather than corporate financing).

I suppose the gist of your response still doesnt change does it?

Thst accounting and finance both are very competitive sectors.

But thank you, the answer is insightful.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you canuck, I might have been slightly unclear, his job is mostly based in accounting (more book keeping rather than corporate financing).

I suppose the gist of your response still doesnt change does it?

Thst accounting and finance both are very competitive sectors.

But thank you, the answer is insightful.
Same thing. Assume the position in Dubai is relatively well paying and without taxes. Lots of people in similar positions trying to move to Canada from all over the world and the Canadian market can not absorb all the finance and accounting people wanting to move to Canada. I am not saying don’t move to Canada. I am saying you should only move knowing that having a similar lifestyle and compensation may not be possible. The salaries won’t be similar because of taxes but it is all about expectations when moving to Canada.

Reactions: smash1984

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
Same thing. Assume the position in Dubai is relatively well paying and without taxes. Lots of people in similar positions trying to move to Canada from all over the world and the Canadian market can not absorb all the finance and accounting people wanting to move to Canada. I am not saying don’t move to Canada. I am saying you should only move knowing that having a similar lifestyle and compensation may not be possible. The salaries won’t be similar because of taxes but it is all about expectations when moving to Canada.
Thank you very much canuck .This is exactly the sort of insight i was looking for. Many thanks.