+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Seneca Vfx - 8 months Ontario Graduate certificate program.

OmkarS

Jul 26, 2018
India
Category........
Hi everyone,

I'm Omkar. I wish to apply to Seneca College for their 8 month Vfx program.
I already have a Bachelor of Commerce degree.

The program awards a Ontario Graduate Certificate after successful completion.

I would like to know if this program is eligible for PGWP?

If yes, then will I get a two year PGWP if I apply for two consecutive graduate certificate programs? i.e 3d animation + Vfx. (each program being 8 months long).

Hope someone can answer this.
Thanks and Regards,
Omkar.

bkinaci

Sep 26, 2018
I remember reading somewhere that you get an 8-month PGWP if you compelete 8 month OGCP. But can someone else confirm this?

I'm also looking to find answers because I'm appliyng for one of Seneca's 8-month graduate certificate programs as well. Also I don't know if you can select one- year completion for express entry application after you complete this degree, as the only other option on CRS form is high school or below. I'm kind of stuck here can someone help Omkar and I??

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Hi everyone,

I'm Omkar. I wish to apply to Seneca College for their 8 month Vfx program.
I already have a Bachelor of Commerce degree.

The program awards a Ontario Graduate Certificate after successful completion.

I would like to know if this program is eligible for PGWP?

If yes, then will I get a two year PGWP if I apply for two consecutive graduate certificate programs? i.e 3d animation + Vfx. (each program being 8 months long).

Hope someone can answer this.
Thanks and Regards,
Omkar.
An 8 month program will equal an 8 month PGWP unless the college states that it was a 1 year program on the graduation/completion letter.

Taking 2 x8 month programs will still only get you an 8 month PGWP given they need to be 2x1 year programs to be counted plus you need to apply for a PGWP within 90 days of completing the first 8 month program if you do not meet the 2x1 year requirement.

So unless the college states the 8 month program is in fact a 1 year program but just happens to be 8 months of study any PGWP will just be 8 months and the second 8 months will be for nothing. Even if the first course is stated as 1 year but the second is only 8 months same applies, second course counts for nothing but you would need to apply after completion the first course if that makes sense.

bkinaci

Sep 26, 2018
An 8 month program will equal an 8 month PGWP unless the college states that it was a 1 year program on the graduation/completion letter.

Taking 2 x8 month programs will still only get you an 8 month PGWP given they need to be 2x1 year programs to be counted plus you need to apply for a PGWP within 90 days of completing the first 8 month program if you do not meet the 2x1 year requirement.

So unless the college states the 8 month program is in fact a 1 year program but just happens to be 8 months of study any PGWP will just be 8 months and the second 8 months will be for nothing. Even if the first course is stated as 1 year but the second is only 8 months same applies, second course counts for nothing but you would need to apply after completion the first course if that makes sense.
That makes perfect sense, thank you very much! If you don't mind me asking, I still need to clarify something for the Express Entry application process in the education part without even getting any work experience.

Once I complete this 8-month graduation certificate program, I can say yes to "4b) Have you earned a Canadian degree, diploma or certificate?" question in the Express Entry profile right?

But the problem is the "4c) Choose the best answer to describe this level of education." question because the only three options are these;

1-Secondary (High School) or less
2-One or two year diploma or certificate
3-Degree, diploma or certificate of three years or longer...

Now my selection will obviously be the second one, however I'm worried that I might have problems because of having an 8-month long program. Does that mean I shouldn't even put "Yes" to the very first question?

I know that my question is very specific, but I did my best to find the answers in this forum and cic's website and found nothing close to this issue. I'd be grateful if you can shed some light to my issue, as this will be decisive for me to pursue this degree or not.

Thank you!

anandthepilot

Feb 18, 2019
That makes perfect sense, thank you very much! If you don't mind me asking, I still need to clarify something for the Express Entry application process in the education part without even getting any work experience.

Once I complete this 8-month graduation certificate program, I can say yes to "4b) Have you earned a Canadian degree, diploma or certificate?" question in the Express Entry profile right?

But the problem is the "4c) Choose the best answer to describe this level of education." question because the only three options are these;

Now my selection will obviously be the second one, however I'm worried that I might have problems because of having an 8-month long program. Does that mean I shouldn't even put "Yes" to the very first question?

I know that my question is very specific, but I did my best to find the answers in this forum and cic's website and found nothing close to this issue. I'd be grateful if you can shed some light to my issue, as this will be decisive for me to pursue this degree or not.

Thank you!
Hi, I just wanted to check if you have more updates on this , I am also looking for something similar. Your update would help me a lot. Thanks.

aditipatel

Jun 7, 2020

Thank you!
Hi,

I have the same query. were you able to find the answer ?