London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29/07/2013
VISA ISSUED...
10/08/2013
For what course and for how long?

Seriously, they are both much of a muchness, decentish colleges in a similar part of town with similar fees and stuff. Accommodation for both will be between 600-1000 dollars a month depending on whether you have your own pad, or share with others. Placements, well that's for you to check with the college.

Reputation, well they're alright, although I can't see the benefit on spending $15000 a year on diploma, they are severely overpriced for international students and don't provide a quality qualification that justifies the outlay (for home students they are decent value).

Jobs, well it's Toronto, there are opportunities to earn a few quid whilst your there all over the place. Seriously, this shouldn't be the main priority or much of a consideration now. I get a little amused when I read this board and see the hoards of people applying for Toronto colleges, especially Centennial, I often ask myself why. There are probably 50 universities in Canada where you can study for a degree at the same price or cheaper than diploma courses from these colleges and if people haven't got the qualifications to study for a degree, they probably wouldn't get a visa anyway so that argument isn't very strong. But the answer it appears is they are in Toronto. But if you are fulfilling your visa and being legal, you won't be able to earn enough to maintain yourself in all likelyhood, although it does all help.

You should bear this in mind. Hoards of people get their visas rejected for these courses, it's a lottery, immigration know that people are attracted to a city more than the course. All I can say is before you apply, be sure in yourself that you are getting good value for money in your course and that your are not looking at Toronto because it is a place where everything turns to gold, it isn't and doesn't. And no matter whether these colleges have a good reputation, they charge the large fees because they can not because they are particuarly special.

Shani Mughal

Star Member
Aug 5, 2013
Pakistan
Visa Office......
islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2013
File Transfer...
09-09-2013