+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sending two aplication

manfred_86

May 17, 2011
Hello,
My working holiday visa expire at 13,april 2012. I'd like to change my status to a visitor when my visa ends and also I'd like to apply for new work permit.

1. Can my employer apply for LMO at the same time when I apply for visitor status?
2. If yes, what happen if he get possitive LMO for me after my visa expires?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

manfred_86 said:
Hello,
My working holiday visa expire at 13,april 2012. I'd like to change my status to a visitor when my visa ends and also I'd like to apply for new work permit.

1. Can my employer apply for LMO at the same time when I apply for visitor status?
2. If yes, what happen if he get possitive LMO for me after my visa expires?
1. Yes. Your employer has to advertise the position on the job bank for 2 weeks and then apply to HRSDC and demonstrate that no Canadians/PRs either applied for the job or were not qualified.
2. If you get an approved LMO, then you have to apply for a work permit outside Canada. Depending on your citizenship you may be able to apply at a Border office.

manfred_86

May 17, 2011
So I can legally stay inside Canada while waiting for visitor status and hopefully positive LMO?

My friend employer apply for LMO for her as a babysitter. They got possitive decision but did not advertise the position on the job bank before they apply. There are some other rules for babysitters?